Premier League 2021/22 Thread v15 - New Year Edition

Who is your favourite Jones?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don’t focus on the day to day of other countries, so I can’t really comment on anything other than the hysteria and lockdowns in a few countries in Europe, Australia, Canada, etc. Whether those countries immediately used the virus to push for political power like they did in America, I can’t say—but I assume it’s likely the case.

Even if you take America out of it, though, there was a massive government cover up at the onset.
Nah, Australia has always been a repressive nanny state compared to the US. The right wing party has been in charge on the federal level since 2013. Outside of a period of 2007-2013, they have in charge since 1996. The labor party is generally worse in that sense however - see Melbourne, Qld and the Northern Territory. That said, regardless of who is in charge, they are 10X better run than the US counterparts.

Nah, Australia has always been a repressive nanny state compared to the US. The right wing party has been in charge on the federal level since 2013. Outside of a period of 2007-2013, they have in charge since 1996. The labor party is generally worse in that sense however - see Melbourne, Qld and the Northern Territory. That said, regardless of who is in charge, they are 10X better run than the US counterparts.
It’s the right wingers in Australia responsible for the lockdowns?

Nice try bud

I'm actually not as down on him as some. Walker is a donkey covered up by City dominance. Aurier and Trippier are bang average at best. Emerson can actually dribble past a person, has decent footwork. His crosses are struggling but I'd rather he played THEN Doherty by a country mile. I reckon Royal just needs some time to bed into the premier league.

Maybe Chelsea's new Right Back is for sale in January. Spurs have had good luck with American's.

Last edited:
I'm actually not as down on him as some. Walker is a donkey covered up by City dominance. Aurier and Trippier are bang average at best. Emerson can actually dribble past a person, has decent footwork. His crosses are struggling but I'd rather he played THEN Doherty by a country mile. I reckon Royal just needs some time to bed into the premier league.

Maybe Chelsea's new Right Back is for sale in January. Spurs have had good luck with American's.
I never hated Emerson, he's just inconsistent. Was actually excited to see what he could do at Barca, I really like him going forward putting crosses in.

Just got to disagree with Trippier. Injuries aside, I think he's the best English player over the past 5 years. I really like his game, I just don't think any outfit has made his style of play flourish. I think he'd be great under a Zidane-type.

Last edited:
It’s the right wingers in Australia responsible for the lockdowns?
Both parties. At a state level, NSW (ie Sydney) has been controlled by the right. Victoria (ie Melbourne) from the left. At a Federal level the right has been pro vaccine but the lockdowns/mandates are at a state level. Re international travel, the right has been extremely restrictive. They werent letting anyone in for a year plus.

Last edited:
Trippier >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Aurier. He's wank fam.
Newcastle 'eyeing Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang transfer as part of a FOUR-MAN Arsenal raid in January'... with Toon chiefs also weighing up moves for Rob Holding, Mohamed Elneny and Eddie Nketiah amid their lack of football

Newcastle are enjoying the first transfer window of their new Saudi ownership. And reports suggest they are weighing up moves for four Arsenal players, including Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

Brighton signed Polish talent, Kacper Kozlowski.
Fantastic signing for Brighton, imo. Impressive !!

Yep, absolutely fucked to be honest. This summer might be the most fucked we've been post-Fergie, going into a new season - we'll lose around 6-7 first team squad players and we never sign more than 3 players in a summer window it seems. Fucked, basically. Amazingly, we continue to fuck things up more and more every single time - I didn't think anything was more fucky than persisting with Ole and co, but here we are, seemingly going one better again....

Newcastle 'eyeing Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang transfer as part of a FOUR-MAN Arsenal raid in January'... with Toon chiefs also weighing up moves for Rob Holding, Mohamed Elneny and Eddie Nketiah amid their lack of football

Newcastle are enjoying the first transfer window of their new Saudi ownership. And reports suggest they are weighing up moves for four Arsenal players, including Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

Less of that fam. I doubt we go after any of them.

Someone on the NUFC blog is keeping count and apparently, we are after 127 players :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back