Premier League 2021/22 Thread v15 - New Year Edition

Who is your favourite Jones?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same old shit from United. Jones was reasonably good. Varane seems like a complete dud, we've seemingly been had there. We are not getting top 4, we're gonna finish around 7th again. Rangnick highly disappointing so far - says all the right things, no real change on the pitch. Nightmare.

@Dr J @Chules
Little guy wasnt feeling well, actually had his 2 year checkup scheduled, but they called to push it back; we let them know he was sick so they said to bring him in anyway.

Saw a doctor i specifically asked to avoid when we first starting going here, dude’s weird and neurotic, but nbd. Guy drove me crazy from the jump. Had my mask off in the room while i was playing with Meezy, he cracked the door and saw my mask was down, immediately closes it and is like “YOU GOTTA WEAR YOUR MASK” (my usual guy just takes his off when the door shuts and dgaf), so of course i apologize and do so.

He asks about symptoms (only fever), duration etc. Asks if he’s been around someone sick, I answer that his mother’s been sick all weekend. Asks if she’s been tested for the ‘Vid, I say no. Asks if she’s vaccinated, I say yes. Guy couldve cum in his pants. “OH THAT’S WONDERFUL”

Then asks me if I am, I tell him no. Swivels in his chair, starts getting all googly-eyed and says “YOU REALLY SHOULD IT—“
Im just like “nah”
“BUT YOU SHOULD—“
By then i’m like about to go full Speeit, tell him
“Listen bud, you’re not my doctor and i could not care less what you have to say about anything regarding MY health. I’m here for my boy, so let’s focus on him”
“BUT ITS ABOUT YOU AND YOUR SONS HEALTH”
“Only one of those things is your business, and i don’t care about your opinion of the other”
“ERM OH OKAY. SURE. I’LL REMEMBER THAT”

Rest of the visit went fine, asked him about his holidays and he told me they were terrible because his family was sick “DONT WORRY IT WASNT COVID”

Peoples brains are broken. Wtf

@Dr J @Chules
Little guy wasnt feeling well, actually had his 2 year checkup scheduled, but they called to push it back; we let them know he was sick so they said to bring him in anyway.

Saw a doctor i specifically asked to avoid when we first starting going here, dude’s weird and neurotic, but nbd. Guy drove me crazy from the jump. Had my mask off in the room while i was playing with Meezy, he cracked the door and saw my mask was down, immediately closes it and is like “YOU GOTTA WEAR YOUR MASK” (my usual guy just takes his off when the door shuts and dgaf), so of course i apologize and do so.

He asks about symptoms (only fever), duration etc. Asks if he’s been around someone sick, I answer that his mother’s been sick all weekend. Asks if she’s been tested for the ‘Vid, I say no. Asks if she’s vaccinated, I say yes. Guy couldve cum in his pants. “OH THAT’S WONDERFUL”

Then asks me if I am, I tell him no. Swivels in his chair, starts getting all googly-eyed and says “YOU REALLY SHOULD IT—“
Im just like “nah”
“BUT YOU SHOULD—“
“Listen bud, you’re not my doctor and i could not care less what you have to say about anything regarding MY health. I’m here for my boy, so let’s focus on him”
“Only one of those things is your business, and i don’t care about your opinion of the other”

Rest of the visit went fine, asked him about his holidays and he told me they were terrible because his family was sick “DONT WORRY IT WASNT COVID”

And that's a medical professional behaving like a basket case. Imagine the toll it's taken on your average joe.

And that's a medical professional behaving like a basket case. Imagine the toll it's taken on your average joe.
Great observation, sad really.

I get it with pediatricians to a point, they have to deal with crazy parents every day and seemed on edge prior to this, but man, he was like in a trance.

No Premier League for a week
no-play-football-sign-vector-260nw-60573052.jpg

Still no UFC either
<Fedor23>

Great observation, sad really.

I get it with pediatricians to a point, they have to deal with crazy parents every day and seemed on edge prior to this, but man, he was like in a trance.
The whole world has gone mad. Even the medical world has dumped rational thought and now ignores that vaccines are not preventing the spread or infection. You’ve got a guy who is paid to understand human health looking at you like you’re trying to murder people for not getting a vaccine for a virus that has less than a 1% chance of killing you and isn’t stopping you from spreading it to others.

On one hand, I get it. Physicians are seeing some of the worst cases imaginable, and their opinion is skewed. I’m the same way when it comes to back surgeries. My good friend’s buddy is an anesthesiologist and flipped out on my friend who is double vaxxed (and even had Covid afterwards) because he doesn’t want the booster right now. In his world, he’s not seeing patients who are staying home with runny noses and sore throats. He’s not even seeing the patients who are getting sent away with mild fevers and chest symptoms who are satting well on room air. This guy sees the people who need to be intubated, and I imagine the mortality associated with that has taken a huge toll on him. But on the other hand, this is a trained medical professional who is treating his good friend like an idiot for not wanting a booster for a vaccine he got 6 months ago and now has natural immunity to boot.

What’s odd to me that we’re not yet checking titers for a fairly new vaccine with known side effects before recommending that people get more of them.

The whole world has gone mad. Even the medical world has dumped rational thought and now ignores that vaccines are not preventing the spread or infection. You’ve got a guy who is paid to understand human health looking at you like you’re trying to murder people for not getting a vaccine for a virus that has less than a 1% chance of killing you and isn’t stopping you from spreading it to others.

On one hand, I get it. Physicians are seeing some of the worst cases imaginable, and their opinion is skewed. I’m the same way when it comes to back surgeries. My good friend’s buddy is an anesthesiologist and flipped out on my friend who is double vaxxed (and even had Covid afterwards) because he doesn’t want the booster right now. In his world, he’s not seeing patients who are staying home with runny noses and sore throats. He’s not even seeing the patients who are getting sent away with mild fevers and chest symptoms who are satting well on room air. This guy sees the people who need to be intubated, and I imagine the mortality associated with that has taken a huge toll on him. But on the other hand, this is a trained medical professional who is treating his good friend like an idiot for not wanting a booster for a vaccine he got 6 months ago and now has natural immunity to boot.

What’s odd to me that we’re not yet checking titers for a fairly new vaccine with known side effects before recommending that people get more of them.
At this point I'm hoping that Omicron ravages all over the world so everyone can get it already, seems like being boostered doesn't help anyway. Also there's hope that following variants will be even less severe than Omicron.

@Dr J @Chules

Im just like “nah”
“BUT YOU SHOULD—“

Pissing me off this bollocks. Up to my fucking nut with it.

People with actual health problems like cancer appointments aren’t being seen here, people’s surgeries are getting delayed, everyone’s skiving off work too etc

My rant of the day
went into uni. My access badge wasn’t working. Second time in a few months the strip on the card has died. smashed the door a few times with my fist and swore out loud lmao. Mans stressed. Another girl behind me was looking at me like :confused:

don’t want to fucking be here whilst I’m still a cripple.

xmas break is over and normality is painful

one year anniversary of losing my aunt to Covid too today. Trump woz rite about this virus.

Am I a prick?

At this point I'm hoping that Omicron ravages all over the world so everyone can get it already, seems like being boostered doesn't help anyway. Also there's hope that following variants will be even less severe than Omicron.

It's also a completely bizarro world scenario we've got now - because in the UK they're nagging everyone to get the booster, while at the very same time in Israel they are smashing a 4th jab into everyone because the 3rd one only worked for 10 weeks! So it's gone from the first 2 jabs lasting for 6 months, to the booster only lasting for 2.5 months! So why would you get the 3rd jab, knowing it is fucking useless unless you're someone vulnerable?

It's a really mad situation to see unfolding, all common sense has left the building.

Almost like certain companies, with absolutely no relationship to major governments I’m sure (wink wink), have a massive stock pile of drugs to sell, so we have to use them all before realizing there are better ways to handle things.

Whole thing has been political/financial since about month 3.

They cancelled my kids’ soccer tournament this weekend because it has the potential to be “an Omicron superspreader event.”

<codychoke>

Almost like certain companies, with absolutely no relationship to major governments I’m sure (wink wink), have a massive stock pile of drugs to sell, so we have to use them all before realizing there are better ways to handle things.

Whole thing has been political/financial since about month 3.
It was very political from the get go.

They cancelled my kids’ soccer tournament this weekend because it has the potential to be “an Omicron superspreader event.”

<codychoke>

Cases increase 10 fold, but hospitalizations have fallen.....

<WhatIsThis>

Just learned, even now, they count anyone who ends up in hospital with covid as a covid hospitalization. That is if you are symptomless but break your leg, you are a covid patient. Madness.

It was very political from the get go.

I don’t buy that it was made up as a political tool, but am almost certain it has been manipulated from very early on.

Just shows how little power 99% of us really have.

Officially I think China have had about 7 cases in the last 18 months.

Farce.

I don’t buy that it was made up as a political tool, but am almost certain it has been manipulated from very early on.

Just shows how little power 99% of us really have.

Officially I think China have had about 7 cases in the last 18 months.

Farce.
I don’t think it was made up for political purposes either, but politicians saw their opportunities to take advantage at the very onset. It was evident with the initial travel bans.

The vaccine wasn’t early on in the pandemic, but when it looked like it may happen before our election, we actually had an entire political side of the aisle condemning the vaccines (all of whom did a complete 180 when it became beneficial).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back