Prem Thread post season 2017/18 v7: 1 Day To Go Until The World Cup

Would you beat up @rawex if someone paid you £10?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I wasn't forbidden to gamble I would certainly be keen to place a wager on Timo Werner top goalscorer @ 16/1 and Germany/Werner - Winner/Top goalscorer double at 40/1.
Is Timo that good?

I'm just thinking Neymar will score a few against can teams.

Tempted to throw $20-50 on timo

Is Timo that good?

I'm just thinking Neymar will score a few against can teams.

Tempted to throw $20-50 on timo

I don't see enough of Timo but I think Germany win the tournament and I'm not sure who else scores their goals.

I've had small amounts on Timo, Firmino and Mueller. Basically fluttering money away.

Germany / Timo Werner @40/1

Germany / Thomas Muller @50/1

Brazil / Timo Werner @90/1

Brazil / Roberto Firmino @66/1

I don't see enough of Timo but I think Germany win the tournament and I'm not sure who else scores their goals.

I've had small amounts on Timo, Firmino and Mueller. Basically fluttering money away.

Germany / Timo Werner @40/1

Germany / Thomas Muller @50/1

Brazil / Timo Werner @90/1

Brazil / Roberto Firmino @66/1

Firminho might not even start.

My front 3 in FF is Neymar, Werner and Griezeman. Would think those are the likely top 3 scorers, tbh.

That said, all it takes is someone to have a madness in a game or 2 to throw everything out the window ie Oleg Salenko.

Got to be careful for potential dead rubbers in GW3 too, where players are likely to be rested.

Ronaldo/Messi will probably get 5 each vs Iran/Iceland and the world will say they have proved themselves the greatest humans since Jesus.

The bloodshed and broken bones a team under his leadership would leave after they've cut a swath of destruction through the WC would be interesting to watch.

I think there can only be one choice for late replacement manager:

wenger-trolls-chelsea.jpg
LVG-wine.jpg

imo

I just read it's because he (won't try to spell his name) has been announced as Madrid's next manager. What a shitshow. The players might be insulated from it though.

So does that mean all 3 of those team automatically qualify?
Probably, but last I heard they were expanding to 48 teams for 2026, so some extra qualification spots will open up.

Prob the most overrated german gk currently.
His stats are pretty average, but he plays for a bigger club and has gone through the various under-21 squads of the national team.

I'd rather go for Ralf Fährmann or Timo Horn
I think Liverpool were linked to him a cpl weeks back & fans took a shit fit. Didn't want him.

I will make the opening WC thread. Gonna need some time, as I emphasize quality > quantity when it comes to threads

but it will be done before the first game which is in 27 1/2 hours.

Will not let you down

This is awesome. Will you be going to any games?

I might knock one off the bucket list & follow England wherever they're based & catch all their games live. If we qualify :p
Absolutely. I’ve been trying to make it to a major tournament for years. My parents didn’t want to drive in 94. I had tickets for a quarterfinal in Portugal in 2004 but planned it late and couldn’t find a hotel within 100 miles. I was taking summer classes in 2002, and went to England in 2006. Russia was bad timing. I’ve got no desire to visit Qatar, much less in the summer.

I’ll be taking some time off work that summer, no doubt. That’s the kind of thing I’ll plan for a couple years and go all out for. Best early morning phone alert in a log while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back