Prem Fred 2019/20 v39: Title Winners Edition

Will Liverpool go another 30 years without winning the prem?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Man U wins and Leicester loses next game
Man U is in third place on the rankings.

Who would have guessed it would take Solskjaer
to get that team rolling again.

Mourinho not doing so well at the moment.
H6VHwQ.gif

I don't think that will happen unless Barca slides into a financial crisis. The floor of this team is still pretty high, though they have under performed for quite a while now. I also need you guys to get past Neapel and then crush Buyern, please do that for me.

Yeah, they'll stay an elite team but it's gonna be extremely hard to replace the Goat, the arguably best #9 this century, and two top players like Busquets and Pique.

Napoli is a done deal but Buyern.... oh boy. Setien needs to give these old guys a rest, they've been playing nonstop since the restart.

(I'm actually not a Barcelona supporter, btw. I like them more than Madrid but mostly I just really like Messi)

Yeah, they'll stay an elite team but it's gonna be extremely hard to replace the Goat, the arguably best #9 this century, and two top players like Busquets and Pique.

Napoli is a done deal but Buyern.... oh boy. Setien needs to give these old guys a rest, they've been playing nonstop since the restart.

(I'm actually not a Barcelona supporter, btw. I like them more than Madrid but mostly I just really like Messi)
I think Messi will continue to play for quite a few years, but you are bang on with Suarez, Busquets and Pique.

It's gonna be tough, these motherfuckers were pretty good after the Corona break, though sometimes the refs helped too. Barca looked rather flat. Everyone annoying Buyern journalist and fan is already confident that they win it all this year.

Oh I never knew that. Do you support another team or just Messi? :)

Juventus with one of the most undeserving draws I’ve seen in awhile. played terrible and got bailed out with 2 handballs hitting players like 2ft away from them. Atalanta were giving them a good wallop all game, they’re so fun to watch. Going to lol so hard if they demolish PSG

Lol

Guardiola/Vilanova/most of Luis Enrique-era Barcelona is quite likely the greatest club in history. There's nowhere else to go but down from there. The downward slide will only continue as Suarez and Goat age.

The trick is to not slide down too much like certain teams have

I don't think that will happen unless Barca slides into a financial crisis. The floor of this team is still pretty high, though they have under performed for quite a while now. I also need you guys to get past Neapel and then crush Buyern, please do that for me.

Barca / Real are like Bayern......basically fire proof.

They'll eventually have a "terrible" season and finish 3rd....might even go 2-3 years without challenging, but it's next to impossible for them to do a Liverpool, Arsenal or Man United and end up out in the cold for 30, 15 or 10 years.

Barca / Real are like Bayern......basically fire proof.

They'll eventually have a "terrible" season and finish 3rd....might even go 2-3 years without challenging, but it's next to impossible for them to do a Liverpool, Arsenal or Man United and end up out in the cold for 30, 15 or 10 years.
Exactly.

Specifically mentioned financial crisis because Barca has too high of a wage bill compared to revenue and often resorts to stuff like the whole Vidal/China ordeal and the weird Arthur/Pjanic swap to paper over the cracks in the balance sheets. That's really the only thing that could eventually catch up, other than that, yes, they won't ever have a real fall.

Looked at the serie A table and Atalanta have 20 goals more than the second highest team, that’s ridiculous lmao. City is the only team in Europe that has more than them (4) but they’ve played 3 more games. If they had a remotely average defense they’d be incredible

lesson of the day

Looked at the serie A table and Atalanta have 20 goals more than the second highest team, that’s ridiculous lmao. City is the only team in Europe that has more than them (4) but they’ve played 3 more games. If they had a remotely average defense they’d be incredible

lesson of the day

<mma4>

lesson of the day

Is their defense a managerial issue, an academy one, staff deficiency, or poor scouting?

I think Messi will continue to play for quite a few years, but you are bang on with Suarez, Busquets and Pique.

It's gonna be tough, these motherfuckers were pretty good after the Corona break, though sometimes the refs helped too. Barca looked rather flat. Everyone annoying Buyern journalist and fan is already confident that they win it all this year.

Oh I never knew that. Do you support another team or just Messi? :)

Damn, they think they're taking the whole thing?? Not sure about that. I feel like City may be peaking at the right time. Even PSG could finally break through.

And like a good South American, I only truly support the team I grew up watching and basically got indoctrinated into supporting by my family.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club_Universitario_de_Deportes

Damn, they think they're taking the whole thing?? Not sure about that. I feel like City may be peaking at the right time. Even PSG could finally break through.

And like a good South American, I only truly support the team I grew up watching and basically got indoctrinated into supporting by my family.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club_Universitario_de_Deportes
Oh they are absolutely confident and it is disgusting to witness for everyone who isn't a Buyern fan haha. Sadly I think they have a pretty good shot as well, better than in any of the past few years. I have not much confidence in Barca, but yeah City is also my fav to win it all right now. I hate the sheikh team, but I'd rather take that than Buyern winning it all.

I never knew that you are South American! You people are even more emotional about local footy than we are haha!

Is their defense a managerial issue, an academy one, staff deficiency, or poor scouting?
They play very aggressive overloading the box when they attack and since they push up they can get caught out sometimes, teams with a lot of speed can cause problems. They can transition to defend though, I was a bit harsh it’s not terrible it’s just nowhere near their attack.

They’re a very small team and lack depth as you’d expect, but they have a really good academy and make shrewd signings that are nonames or castoffs but they fit their system well and the manager gets the most out of them. Taking that into account, it makes sense why most of their players that have been bought by bigger clubs recently haven’t really done well after leaving. Competing with and finishing above teams like
Napoli, Roma, Milan’s etc (and doing it in a crowd pleasing way not just parking the bus and clinging on) is crazy as besides the last few years they’ve typically been a bottom half Serie A/really good Serie B team

There’s really nobody similar but Sheffield United is probably the closest in the English game

They play very aggressive overloading the box when they attack and since they push up they can get caught out sometimes, teams with a lot of speed can cause problems. They can transition to defend though, I was a bit harsh it’s not terrible it’s just nowhere near their attack.

They’re a very small team and lack depth as you’d expect, but they have a really good academy and make shrewd signings that are nonames or castoffs but they fit their system well and the manager gets the most out of them. Taking that into account, it makes sense why most of their players that have been bought by bigger clubs recently haven’t really done well after leaving. Competing with and finishing above teams like
Napoli, Roma, Milan’s etc (and doing it in a crowd pleasing way not just parking the bus and clinging on) is crazy as besides the last few years they’ve typically been a bottom half Serie A/really good Serie B team

There’s really nobody similar but Sheffield United is probably the closest in the English game
I don't really follow Serie A, but went through their roster and they don't even have one young expensive/sought after up and comer. According to Transfermarkt their third most valuable player is that german LB Robin Gosens, who is nothing special lol. Their average age should be pretty high as well I think. Truly remarkable how good they actually are. Remember them giving the business to us in the Euro League some time ago, but we lucked out and went to the next round anyway (to get embarrassed by Salzburg iirc).

Watched the last 20 minutes of the Juve-Atalanta game today and it was really fun, they will compete in the CL again unless some crazy losing streak happens. They are doing a fantastic job.

Oh they are absolutely confident and it is disgusting to witness for everyone who isn't a Buyern fan haha. Sadly I think they have a pretty good shot as well, better than in any of the past few years. I have not much confidence in Barca, but yeah City is also my fav to win it all right now. I hate the sheikh team, but I'd rather take that than Buyern winning it all.

I never knew that you are South American! You people are even more emotional about local footy than we are haha!

That draw though.

EclAChBX0AIgfnl.png

1st round to kamaurdeen so far

Usman stamping on his feet lmao

masvidal faked a low blow and marc goddard fell for it

smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back