Crime Pregnant woman shot to death in road rage incident after deliberately hitting motorcyclist

Without knowing any more about the case, my money is this guy catches some time. Shooting a pregnant woman, even if she is armed, is not a good look.

If he's smart he'll plead out.
He shouldn't based on what we know so far. The other guy with him was calling 911. The defense will certainly be that they followed her to get her plates and location so she could be charged with felony vehicular assault. Then she got her gun and came out and pointed it at him, at which point he fired. You can hear her come out shrieking that they followed her home (not a crime) then gunshots. Then you can hear the shooter shout she pulled a gun on me! If that's how it all played out, she's the aggressor here and it's self defense.

While it's unfortunate, her being pregnant isn't relative to the case itself.

Hard to pick a side here. :confused:
Based on the information we have so far, the woman seems clearly at fault. If she wasn't a pregnant librarian I don't think as many people would be saying it's a toss-up.

Based on the information we have so far, the woman seems clearly at fault. If she wasn't a pregnant librarian I don't think as many people would be saying it's a toss-up.
Yeah. I'm definitely leaning that way too. If she hadn't come out with a gun she'd probably be alive. smh...

He shouldn't based on what we know so far. The other guy with him was calling 911. The defense will certainly be that they followed her to get her plates and location so she could be charged with felony vehicular assault. Then she got her gun and came out and pointed it at him, at which point he fired. You can hear her come out shrieking that they followed her home (not a crime) then gunshots. Then you can hear the shooter shout she pulled a gun on me! If that's how it all played out, she's the aggressor here and it's self defense.

While it's unfortunate, her being pregnant isn't relative to the case itself.

Maybe. If he's smart, he'll lawyer up right away and not talk to the police about why he followed her home except as directed by his attorney. He could get done purely based on his motives for following her home.

Maybe. If he's smart, he'll lawyer up right away and not talk to the police about why he followed her home except as directed by his attorney. He could get done purely based on his motives for following her home.
Well the 911 call has a lot of stuff that'll help him. If he can prove he followed her to get her location for the felony assault she fled the scene of, and that he opened fire after she pulled a gun on him then it'll be hard to convict. And that's what the 911 call makes it sound like.

You pretty clearly hear him shout she pulled a gun on me!

Yeah. I'm definitely leaning that way too. If she hadn't come out with a gun she'd probably be alive. smh...
It certainly sounds that way. His defense will rightfully argue if she was in fear for her life she would have locked her door and called 911. Not grabbed a gun, and ran outside to confront him while shouting. Nothing we know so far shows intent on his part to harm her. He sounds genuinely shocked when he says she pulled a gun on me in the 911 call. I think he just didn't want her to get off scott free for felony assault, and didn't expect her to come out with a gun.

Just going by the cliffs, it'll be an interesting case. She was the aggressor on the road, but he followed her home and created the environment for the shootout.

America, you so crazy.

You should never follow a woman home in your vehicle. I think it does.

You should never pull a hit-n-run. Being a woman doesn't absolve her of that. What he was doing wasn't stalking and not a crime. What she did was a crime.

Just going by the cliffs, it'll be an interesting case. She was the aggressor on the road, but he followed her home and created the environment for the shootout.

America, you so crazy.
Merely following her home didn't do that. She did it by getting a gun and coming out of her house pointing it at him and shouting. Don't really see how the motorcyclist is wrong at all, at least from the info so far. She committed felony assault and fled the scene. That's a crime. Following her home to get her location to give to the cops isn't a crime. If he'd tried to break into her home or pulled his gun on her first it would be different.

She fucked up when she went outside.
Especially if he wasn't on her door step or near her door.

I would need more information bit it sounds like he was justified. That is still going to fuck with his mind even if he was.

I was trying to think of how this could possibly be justified.

Turns out I skimmed too quickly and missed the part where she came out of the house armed.

Apologies for the alternate universe where I didn't take a minute to review before replying.

Who knows what happened and the story can be retold a variety of ways. How do we know the initial incident was intentional for example - was it just the claim of the person who shot her?

What he did do is follow her home to her house armed with a gun so that's probably a big no no right there.

Who knows what happened and the story can be retold a variety of ways. How do we know the initial incident was intentional for example - was it just the claim of the person who shot her?

What he did do is follow her home to her house armed with a gun so that's probably a big no no right there.

Do you have any facts to facilitate a retelling?

If he's legally carrying then he's legally carrying. Even if he wasn't, it wouldn't by itself negate his self-defense claim.

Merely following her home didn't do that. She did it by getting a gun and coming out of her house pointing it at him and shouting. Don't really see how the motorcyclist is wrong at all, at least from the info so far. She committed felony assault and fled the scene. That's a crime. Following her home to get her location to give to the cops isn't a crime. If he'd tried to break into her home or pulled his gun on her first it would be different.

I wasn't there, so I don't know what exactly happened at the home, but no, stalking is not legal, as she doesn't know what the guy's intent is when he pulls up to her house. Especially when he's packing. Nobody does, which could be argued created the lethal confrontation.

Like I said, it's an interesting case. I'm not saying the guy is guilty of anything, but there is a WIDE opening for the prosecution to argue that he dragged the confrontation out and created the scenario, when he had every opportunity to call the police.

Do you have any facts to facilitate a retelling?

If he's legally carrying then he's legally carrying. Even if he wasn't, it wouldn't by itself negate his self-defense claim.

Zero facts at all and that's mostly my point. I'm saying that we don't know yet what's going on and the story could be spun in a lot of different ways with such limited information to elicit a different response.

To add to this I agree with @HereticBD 's assessment above: There's a lot of space for this story to go different from the summary I've seen so far. Legal carrying or not there's a very real threat to your life if someone is following you home armed with a gun.

I wasn't there, so I don't know what exactly happened at the home, but no, stalking is not legal, as she doesn't know what the guy's intent is when he pulls up to her house. Especially when he's packing. Nobody does, which could be argued created the lethal confrontation.

https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Stalking

Criminal activity consisting of the repeated following and harassing of another person.Stalking is a distinctive form of criminal activity composed of a series of actions that taken individually might constitute legal behavior.

Zero facts at all and that's mostly my point. I'm saying that we don't know yet what's going on and the story could be spun in a lot of different ways with such limited information to elicit a different response.

To add to this I agree with @HereticBD 's assessment above: There's a lot of space for this story to go different from the summary I've seen so far. Legal carrying or not there's a very real threat to your life if someone is following you home armed with a gun.

We'll adjust as more info comes in.

Heretic's take isn't a good one. It's not criminal stalking and having the gun doesn't mean shit unless he did something to threaten her with it. She fled from a crime scene and as the victim he had reason to determine her location for legal purposes.

Back