1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Crime Pregnant woman shot to death in road rage incident after deliberately hitting motorcyclist

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Phisher, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Cubo de Sangre President of the War Room

If she intentionally hit him then that sounds like assault with a deadly weapon or something of the sort, which I'd guess is a felony.

Bald1 likes this.
  2. Mike Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

AFAIK attempted vehicular homicide is a felony.

Cubo de Sangre likes this.
  3. Doctor Stoppage Finishing Fights via Disappointment Platinum Member

It's not illegal to follow someone home. Hopefully he didn't go onto her property.

4. G-19 Purple Belt

Because it can be argued that he should’ve never followed her home. He could’ve easily given the license plate information, driver description, even the address and waited way in the back. It can very easily be argued that he 100% created this situation. They went from a hit and run traffic accident that he was the victim in to him possibly being indicted at a later date for some form of homicide. I didn’t say he shouldn’t have shot when she came out with her firearm. What I’m saying is a reasonable person probably wouldn’t have followed her home and then parked directly in front of her home.

5. G-19 Purple Belt

It may not be illegal in the state of FL but it definitely severely hurts his case for self defense since he was the one who followed her home and parked directly in front of her home. I think both parties here are absolute idiots and the pregnant woman already paid for her stupidity. So where does that leave our motorcyclist?

Pseudo Sane likes this.
  6. Strategery Purple Belt

Access to guns turned this stupid person into a stupid dead person.

7. Mike Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Following her home isn't a crime. The story mentions that the shooter and an uninvolved third party witness tried to stop her from fleeing the scene. Then both of them followed her to her residence. While calling the police to report the crime. People keep saying he could have just passed on her plate #. We don't know if they got her plate #. Even if they had, once again merely following her to her residence is not a crime.

And it in no way justifies her coming out brandishing a firearm. She was the aggressor.

8. G-19 Purple Belt

Depends. There is no innocent party here though. The woman was an idiot for her actions and has paid the ultimate price for it. All the facts haven’t been revealed so I’m saying him following her home and parking directly in front of her home really cripples his self defense case. How can your reasonably be in fear of your life when you followed a subject home and park directly in front of their house? If he ever stepped foot on her property he is getting indicted.

9. Doctor Stoppage Finishing Fights via Disappointment Platinum Member

Honestly I don't think it hurts his self-defense legally speaking. If what they say is true and she committed a felony he would be covered in a vast majority of states to follow her. Parking in front of her house may have been a tactical blunder. If he followed her home because she didn't use a turn signal or cut him off that's totally different.

So parking across the street or down the street makes a difference? He followed her home, as did the other person per their statement, for police intervention and to make sure she didn't get away with the felony they allege she committed. That isn't unreasonable or illegal. This is NOT crippling his claim of self defense -- she cannot use lethal force against someone for simply being present in her neighborhood. She can't even brandish for that reason in Florida.

ChuckSteak and Cubo de Sangre like this.
  10. G-19 Purple Belt

He could’ve easily gave make/model/color and reported the direction she was traveling while observing and reporting from a safe distance. Parking in front of the house was a bad move that could prove costly for him. I’m saying all parties here are likely going to pay for their mistakes.

11. Mike Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

The presence of the uninvolved witness clinches it for him. She committed felony assault, they tried to stop her from fleeing the scene and she fled. When they pulled up by her house already on the phone with police, she came out with a firearm. She was the aggressor twice.

Cubo de Sangre likes this.
  12. Strategery Purple Belt

Unfortunately, it is much more satisfying to brandish and force the other to back down. Immensely powerful feeling for weasels who have no other control in their lives.

13. Mike Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

No, he's likely not going to pay. You can argue if it was a smart decision or not, but you can't argue he did anything illegal. He did not. He was reporting a crime. He likely didn't have her plates and didn't want to risk her getting away with attempted murder if they couldn't find her based on a vehicle description.

Badger67 and Cubo de Sangre like this.
  14. Andy Capp WAR DGM 1965-2021

Castle law, my man.

15. Doctor Stoppage Finishing Fights via Disappointment Platinum Member

She felt invulnerable in her vehicle and then felt invulnerable with a firearm. Both appear to be classic cases of having deadly force making you act with impunity.

Like I said, he may not have been tactically infallible, but he didn't do anything unethical.

16. Bald1 War Room Can

Driving on public roads isn't illegal. Parking on the road isn't illegal.

Trying to run a bike off the road or going inside your home to get a gun to confront someone doing absolutely nothing are illegal actions.

I had a guy follow me home once after I blew him a kiss. I got out of my truck and patently waited for him in my driveway. He opted to fuck off, which was the best for everyone concerned, but I wasn't about to attack him in the streets. That's crazy shit.

Andy Capp likes this.
  17. Doctor Stoppage Finishing Fights via Disappointment Platinum Member

What you described is not castle law. If he came inside her home, yes, but you can't shoot someone for being on your lawn without a lot more aggravating factors than "he followed me home after I hit him with my truck."

18. Mike Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Legal and illegal are concepts with clearly defined definitions. Ethical and unethical are subjective and based on personal opinion. I personally don't see anything wrong with following someone fleeing the scene of a felony to report them to police.

Said it before, but its odd how many people judge victims as guilty purely using hindsight after the other party escalates the situation. If she doesn't come out with a gun, all that happens is the police speak to all parties and investigate a felony assault.

19. Andy Capp WAR DGM 1965-2021

Let's be clear, I'm talking about her best shot at not going to jail... not that she'd be successful... and yes, pun intended.

Doctor Stoppage likes this.
  20. Mike Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

<WellThere>