Preferring male fighters based on attractiveness

This TS def has some sugar in his tank.
Probably needs windshield wipers for the TV when he watches the weigh-ins.

lol, people are crapping on you TS but they've full of shit. This place has always had a strong undercurrent of homoeroticism. To wit:

1. Regular posts about GSP's buttocks, both concerning tightness and shape.

2. Massive tranny thread that spent years, literally years, being updated.

3. A giant thread about Shogun where a fan asked if his good looks were a factor in garnering unwavering support and the general consensus was that yes, but don't talk about it.

What I'm trying to say is that Sherdog is a locker room when guys are constantly grabbing each other's asses and screaming about how gay everyone is for doing so, while mid ass grab themselves.

Is Robbie Lawler hot? Nick Diaz? Naw. I imagine looks have some play without most of us realizing it.

Yes, it's normal. For gay men.

Can't fathom why a straight man would care what another male fighter looks like when deciding who to be a fan of.

I explained why. If you don't have a particular liking to their martial arts background or country of origina, what else would be the deciding factor? It just seems natural to me that you would pick the good looking guy with chiselled physique over the slob with a dirty moustache and beer belly. No homo.

For you TS,

11372485_822646401189516_274656738_n.jpg

Perfectly natural. Your reptile brain wants the good looking man to survive so he can hopefully produce good looking daughters.

Posters like you are easily the most annoying on this board.

If he had wanted the ugly fighters to win, you would have said that it makes sense because his reptile brain wants the attractive males to die off, so he can be more attractive by comparison.

Just because you can create a coherent argument, it does not make it correct or rooted in fact.

Congratulations on watching a YouTube documentary on evolution. I suggest you watch a few more...

I don't really care about how attractive a fighter is. I usually like them if they show spirit, have an exciting style or interesting personality. But I think judging a fighter based on attractiveness is pretty normal; I usually root for the guy who looks more like the type of person I think I'd like more.

Not gay, not straight.... but straight up bi.

This is the most realistic view that most people probably adhere too.

1. Race - like it or not, if you dont know the fighter most people will go with their race.

2. Nationality - Most people will cheer for the fighter who represents his or her country.

3. Fighting style - If fighters are introduced as say strikers or wrestlers or bjj, each will influence the watcher differently, depending on your personal favorite way of fighting.

If someone tells you different, they are weird, or lying, or in the case of the TS, bisexual (which is OK, I am not judging).

Whatever fruitcake, you just let yourself out of the closet.

I don't choose which fighters I like, or follow based on physical attractiveness however, I do judge fighters based on their physical conditioning. I am very put off by athletes that do not have athletic looking bodies. They don't need to be good looking, they just need to look like an athlete.

I usually root for the handsome guy over the normal guy. But I always root for the really ugly guy over everyone else. Life's hard enough for him already.

Word. Life was easy enough for the prom king, you gotta root for the guy who looks like he had to take his cousin.

I always root for the ugly, sloppy fighter to win.

I am a straight guy but one of the categories that influences me supporting a fighter is their level of attractiveness. If two fighters I haven't seen before are fighting, the main category that will influence who I want to win is if one of them has a background in kickboxing or muay thai, if neither fighter's main background is in either of these arts I will support them depending on the country they are from (usually with favour going to British or European fighters. However if neither fighter is from a country that I care about, I will support the fighter with a more attractive body or who is more good-looking.

I'm just wondering if this is a normal thing to do and if anyone else does this?

Speaking as a gay man, I totally root for the better looking fighter. Or at least the one who's got junk in the trunk.

I mean, first condition is if I've seen them fight or not before and I like em. But if I know nothing about either fighter: it's all about the superficial.

Back