PREDICTION: UFC fighters will start challening top 10 boxers at a boxing match.

Mayweather v Canelo: 16,500 seats for a $20 million. Yea, a dying sport :rolleyes:

The average person does not even know the sport mma exists, believe it or not, let alone the UFC brand. Your biggest poster boys are all gone too, Lesnar, Tito and Chuck.

you're completely wrong.
I've watched boxing since I was 13.
I was one of the oldest poster on boxrec.com forums and have been since Jan 2002, which is close to the site creation.
I was a major boxing fan and thought MMA was a joke back in 2002.
But as time went by, boxing became old. champions became uncharismatic, and the current boxing scene became uninteresting with every year that passed, starting with the HW division.
As of today, only a few delusional fans still believe boxing is the king of combat sport.
And as I said in my post : Mayweather, Pacquiao and Klitschko's are the only remaining greats and they are all getting close to retirement.
Once they are gone, who will fill those seats ? Austin Trout? Robert Guerrero? Timothy Bradley? Chris Arreola?
As of right now, UFC is the future, so keep on hating.
ps: Tito, Lesnar and chuck are all fighters I hated.

F'n Really???? Here's how it is and will always be: Boxers would school the SHIT out of MMA fighters in boxing, and MMA fighter's would school the shit out of boxers in MMA. Even AS, at his best in boxing, would be torched by Roy Jones on his worst day. The End.

you're completely wrong.
I was one of the oldest poster on boxrec.com forums and have been since Jan 2002, which is close to the site creation.
But as time went by, boxing became old. champions became uncharismatic, and the current boxing scene became uninteresting with every year that passed, starting with the HW division.
As of today, only a few delusional fans still believe boxing is the king of combat sport.
And as I said in my post : Mayweather, Pacquiao and Klitschko's are the only remaining greats and they are all getting close to retirement.
Once they are gone, who will fill those seats ? Austin Trout? Robert Guerrero? Timothy Bradley? Chris Arreola?

Lol i wouldn't be surprised if Haye /Fury gets more buys then Gus/Jones... You're the only delusional one here

If that ever happens they will fail badly. People need to understand that these are two different sports. You can't be really good at both at the same time. It's just not humanly possible.

Seems far-fetched but Overeem beat Badr Hari in K-1.

Boxers aren't used to fighters going 100% in round 1.

Never say never.

Boxing is the combat sport with the most talent. When a sport has more money and more athletes, it will be more difficult to compete in. It is also a sport that has been around for over a 100 years, the skill level is higher.

you're completely wrong.

What the hell does it matter you were a member of so and so since 2002? Does that give you better insight? No. It seems like you're a confused guy and can't see things from a balanced and neutral perspective, it's either boxing or UFC for you...this is not boxing v ufc, I'm a fan of both. But you claiming boxing is a dying sport is idiotic. The media and all those concerned develop stars and the people follow, it's as simple as that. The UFC has made it far but boxing has been here for hundreds of years and every year there are a bunch of individuals who claim boxing is a dying sport which couldn't be further from the truth, sure there are moments of drought but it's not a dying sport...where are your numbers? Where's your proof? Don't tell me once this person or that person goes it's over, that's not tangible, give me graphs, statistics, official sources as I have done.

Nah. The UFC wouldn't be dumb to use their talent on a different sport. There is no reason to do it.

However, I think Dana would be very open to allowing top boxers to begin in the UFC if they wanted to transition. That is also unlikely.

I feel like certain UFC fighters will soon start to challenge boxers at there own game.

Call me crazy - but I feel if MMA fighters have more of a killer instinct, new fresh approach to competing in combat, thoughts?

Never

you're completely wrong.

When GSP retires MMA is DEAD! :OOOOOOO
GSP remains the only star in MMA and the only one who can sell more than 600,000 PPVs, RIP MMA :'(

Sounds retarded right? Same as your notion of boxing dying when those 4 retire.

I feel like certain UFC fighters will soon start to challenge boxers at there own game.

Call me crazy - but I feel if MMA fighters have more of a killer instinct, new fresh approach to competing in combat, thoughts?

Lol

Lance Pugmire @latimespugmire

@JonnyBones says he's been doing so well in boxing training, more than 500 rounds, he's encouraged to work toward a future Klitschko bout.

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/9/16/4...bout-future-klitschko-bout-after-improvements

You didn't even say MMA fighters, you said UFC fighters.

Zuffa isn't going to let them box.

They would have a better chance at competing in and dominating K1.

Crazy

If I had Dana White $$$$ I'd pay mayweather his 50 million to fight one UFC fight vs Faber/Barao/cruz etc then watch him get so emberrassed that people would switch to MMA......its an investment in MMA not a paycheck. No way Mayweather makes it through a UFC fight

And who in mma at 154 pounds or below could survive a twelve round boxing match against Mayweather? Nobody, that's who. Why can't some mma fanboys get it through their heads that they are two very different sports, requiring very different skillsets?

I agree, hell Kimbo is an undefeated HW boxer now and is tearing through the division. I feel that JDS would have a shot at HW, not against the klitschkos, but against other top 10 boxers.

Tearing through the division? He has fought cans and is ranked 148 in the world. Yep, he's tearing through the HW division. His opponents have a combined record of 16-19-0. He will never be more than a can crusher in boxing.

UFC fighters don't give a fuck about a dying sport while theirs has become the most popular combat sport.
Once Mayweather, Pacquiao and Klitschko's are retired which is about to happen soon, the sport will be dead.

Keep believing that fantasy. People have been saying that boxing is dead for like a hundred years.

Back