PREDICTION: UFC fighters will start challening top 10 boxers at a boxing match.

But at least putting a boxer into an MMA fight would allow the boxer to use the full extent of his abilities. It can give evidence as to whether it's better to be a "jack of all trades" or to master one.

An MMA fighter going into a boxing ring would be severely limited. It'd be like asking a boxer to do nothing but throw only their least used punch.

Putting a boxer into a MMA fight would severely limit his abilities.
1. He couldn't duck and slip punches as well as he could in a ring due to the threat of the knee.
2. In boxing, when you clinch, you either throw rabbit punches or a quick body hook and then the ref separates you. In mma you can get knee'd, elbowed, submitted, dirty boxed, thrown/swept/taken down.
3. the boxing stance works horribly in MMA.
4. Boxers have to worry about takedowns, which leads to a predictable lack of commitment to their strikes.
5. Boxers don't see kicks coming, because they don't train for it.
6. Boxers get demolished on the ground.

An MMA fighter usually has decent enough boxing to survive in a boxing ring, if not more. If an MMA was given time to focus only on his hands then the playing field would be more (not completely) leveled.

I'm no analyst or fighter, just a fan. I might be wrong on some points, but the common consensus is that boxers would get buttfucked in a cage.

lol no why would they it is not their domain.. They would get beaten quite easily

So quote me where he literally says this. Because I still doubt it. It's very rare that someone would actually be this stupid.

It's not my job to spoon feed you a lesson every time your unfortunate combination of intellectual laziness and arrogance takes you down a path of outspoken, erroneous assumptions. Go back, read the thread and figure out on your own where you went wrong. Once you have some context, then make an informed argument if you disagree.

It's not my job to spoon feed you a lesson every time your unfortunate combination of intellectual laziness and arrogance takes you down a path of outspoken, erroneous assumptions. Go back, read the thread and figure out on your own where you went wrong. Once you have some context, then make an informed argument if you disagree.

Interestingly you found enough time to be a verbose douche about it. Which leads me to believe I was actually correct in my assumption and that you are deflecting/projecting.

Based on what? lol

Thread sucks.

Threads like this should be punishable by banning. Oh and let me know when Pro Basketball Players start competing with professional high jumpers.

Let boxers prove they are the best, I'd rather see boxers "school" MMA fighters how a real boxer throws punches (and get subbed in 15 seconds)

UFC fighters don't give a fuck about a dying sport while theirs has become the most popular combat sport.
Once Mayweather, Pacquiao and Klitschko's are retired which is about to happen soon, the sport will be dead.

I agree, hell Kimbo is an undefeated HW boxer now and is tearing through the division. I feel that JDS would have a shot at HW, not against the klitschkos, but against other top 10 boxers.

LOL

Kimbo is fighting in fixed fights against fighters that his own team picks in 4-round fights. And even so, he almost got KOd in his last fight by a fat Australian bus driver.

Any MMA would wish death upon themselves if they called out a guy like Mayweather.

Perhaps there can come something positive from it, no threads like this after it will be evident that mma and boxing are two different sports.

I feel like certain UFC fighters will soon start to challenge boxers at there own game.

Call me crazy - but I feel if MMA fighters have more of a killer instinct, new fresh approach to competing in combat, thoughts?

That's not a prediction; it's been occurring both ways for years.

Who cares if an mma guy can beat a boxer in a boxing match. MMA is true fighting while boxing is one dimensional. Any decent mma guy would trash the best boxers in a real fight.

You're such a gangster brooooooooo...

Asked melvin guillard how he went.. Not well

Last edited:
I hope nope because those fighters will be embarrassed. Virtually any pro boxer is going to outbox an MMA fighter

Any decent amateur boxer could take out 99% of the ufc roster in a boxing match, the boxing in most UFC fighters is terrible.

if they were anywhere close to top 10 boxers, they would quit MMA, go to boxing and make much money there.

UFC fighters don't give a fuck about a dying sport while theirs has become the most popular combat sport.
Once Mayweather, Pacquiao and Klitschko's are retired which is about to happen soon, the sport will be dead.

Mayweather v Canelo: 16,500 seats for a $20 million. Yea, a dying sport :rolleyes:

The average person does not even know the sport mma exists, believe it or not, let alone the UFC brand. Your biggest poster boys are all gone too, Lesnar, Tito and Chuck.

Mayweather v Canelo: 16,500 seats for a $20 million. Yea, a dying sport :rolleyes:

The average person does not even know the sport mma exists, believe it or not, let alone the UFC brand. Your biggest poster boys are all gone too, Lesnar, Tito and Chuck.

Lol it's a joke that some people think boxing is dying... Or that it's dead baffles me where they get this bullshit

Back