PREDICTION: UFC fighters will start challening top 10 boxers at a boxing match.

People need to just get over it already. A world class boxer will amost always win on the feet even if its mma rules. The problem comes with wrestling and bjj. If one of them cross trained for a few years they could do well. What incentive would a guy like mayweather even have? they make much more in boxing.

People need to just get over it already. A world class boxer will amost always win on the feet even if its mma rules. The problem comes with wrestling and bjj. If one of them cross trained for a few years they could do well. What incentive would a guy like mayweather even have? they make much more in boxing.

Not necessarily. I don't see a boxer being able to handle an MMA fighter with high levels of kickboxing such as Pettis.

Not necessarily. I don't see a boxer being able to handle an MMA fighter with high levels of kickboxing such as Pettis.

That poster basically said against a boxer, clinch work and kicks don't matter. I call bullshit.

Assuming no weapons or outside interference makes it not a real fight. That makes it MMA. When will you dummies understand this?

So what your basically saying is Mayweather needs a weapon or his buddies to jump in to be able to hang with a MMA fighter.

Great argument bro.

So what your basically saying is Mayweather needs a weapon or his buddies to jump in to be able to hang with a MMA fighter.

Great argument bro.

You aren't very good at that reading stuff, huh?

So far, I can't recall any reputable MMA boxers that transitioned into boxing... yes, including Kimbo Slice.

Absolutely. And the funny part is that there have been many boxers who have done well in MMA.

Now you're going to knit pick it. Clinch work falls under grappling to me. I'm talking about exchanges. And while there are some really good strikers like pettis, the average guy like baroni or tito would get smashed trading with a boxer. I also stated they would need a few years of cross training.

No. MMA guys would get humbled and humiliated. It would make MMA look bad. The insecurities of MMA fans are baffling sometimes.

tumblr_mdhz050FmA1r9ku1so1_500.gif

kickboxing-fail.gif

As likely as UFC fighters challenging Kobe Bryant to a dunk contest.

Jones could be a sick boxer if he could use his range in boxing.

Not even close. Jones as a boxer would be terrible. It's all the other things he possess that makes him dangerous. Guys aren't worried about being hit by Jones in the stand up, they're worried about being kicked, elbowed and taken down.

Jones boxing (striking) has come a long ways but is crap compared to a professional boxer. White belt status

Haven't read all the thread. I assume Mercer vs. Sylvia has been brought up.

Guys with good reach like Jones and GSP, or otherwise good boxers like Penn, Edgar or Nick could do well in the first couple of rounds. But they will get figured out soon, and then they will be lit up and destroyed. And i think im being generous there. Boxing in MMA always looks very weak, there are just too many holes.

Not that its anything against MMA guys, its just a very different sport with very different techniques. I would like to see one fight of an elite MMA striker with an above average boxer though.

Dana ain't going to let that happen.

1.) they're fighting in a different org/sport, so Zuffa probably can't get a piece of the coin.

2.) if a fighter loses, they're damaged good in most fans' eyes.

Yeah, and my prediction is that field hockey teams will start challenging top 10 NHL teams to games. Different sports, bro, deal with it.

That's like putting a drag racer into an F1 car. They can do each other's roles, just nowhere near as good. Put a boxer into a MMA cage, they get taken down and destroyed or kicked to hell. Put a MMA fighter into a ring, and they will get tagged to shit and probably KO'd. I thought everyone fucking knew this, aren't there enough threads for people to finally remember this shit??

That's like putting a drag racer into an F1 car. They can do each other's roles, just nowhere near as good. Put a boxer into a MMA cage, they get taken down and destroyed or kicked to hell. Put a MMA fighter into a ring, and they will get tagged to shit and probably KO'd. I thought everyone fucking knew this, aren't there enough threads for people to finally remember this shit??

But at least putting a boxer into an MMA fight would allow the boxer to use the full extent of his abilities. It can give evidence as to whether it's better to be a "jack of all trades" or to master one.

An MMA fighter going into a boxing ring would be severely limited. It'd be like asking a boxer to do nothing but throw only their least used punch.

An MMA fighter in a pro boxing match will do about as well as a pro boxer in an MMA match. Either guy will get wrecked outside of his environment.

I'm not the biggest fan of boxing, but even the occasional viewing will make it obvious that boxers are radically better at boxing than MMA fighters. Boxers are also radically worse at every other aspect of an MMA fight.

In most cases, MMA fighters will last longer in a boxing match than boxers in an MMA match, but the outcome will be the same - overwhelming defeat.

Back