PREDICTION: UFC fighters will start challening top 10 boxers at a boxing match.

I feel like certain UFC fighters will soon start to challenge boxers at there own game.

Call me crazy - but I feel if MMA fighters have more of a killer instinct, new fresh approach to competing in combat, thoughts?

Not the smartest idea......they wont do very well. There is a handfull of guys in MMA that could compete in boxing....and that would only be vs average to below average competition.

I dont get it -

Fans are always so quick to say "IF THEY CAME OVER TO MMA THEY WOULD GET WHOOPED" but when I have some real faith in MMA fighters and start talking about them transferring over to boxing for a fight or two im crazy, lol.

Get a grip people! open your mind!

Really though, apples and oranges in the truest sense.

No boxer is going to come into MMA and have a good career without extensive MMA(wrestling, BJJ, etc) training, and likewise, an MMA fighter is never going to make the top in boxing without considerable training.

If there were MMA guys out there who could box well enough to make the top of the pro boxing circuits they'd be doing it, the money is just so much better. There are a couple of excellent boxers in MMA, but none of them have gained any notoriety for their pro boxing careers, they were basically just middle of the road guys like Marcus Davis.

Common sense tells us that if all you train is your hands you're going to have an awfully hard time dealing with a guy who's only thought is planting you on your ass, or kicking your legs until you can't stand. We've all seen incredible strikers who never made much of a career for themselves due to these deficiencies, let's not act like it would be much different for a pro boxer.

JDS would wreck the HW division including the Clitch bro's
Christian-Bale-Deal-With-It-Reaction-Gif.gif

I just think it would be awesome to do crossfights - maybe that would plug more money into MMA - thus creating larger salaries.

Conor McGregor could be the one to beat Floyd right now if they boxed

You need to plug in the fact that - the MMA artists will go into a fight with a different type of plan. Unless I am really missing something.

You are really missing something.

With boxing all plans end up serving the hands only. There are zero MMA pros that can compete with PPV level boxers, JDS, Aldo, Connor etc. included.

MMA fighters may have equal physical gifts ie. Jones, Aldo, GSP, Mighty Mouse, Dodson etc. These guys simply focus on more than just hands,,,, footwork and mental attention on the opponent are so very different.

No disrespect to TS. Just don't think the sports have enough similarities to mingle.

You are really missing something.

With boxing all plans end up serving the hands only. There are zero MMA pros that can compete with PPV level boxers, JDS, Aldo, Connor etc. included.

MMA fighters may have equal physical gifts ie. Jones, Aldo, GSP, Mighty Mouse, Dodson etc. These guys simply focus on more than just hands,,,, footwork and mental attention on the opponent are so very different.

No disrespect to TS. Just don't think the sports have enough similarities to mingle.
Lets be honest, even if Conor isn't ready for Floyd right now, he KOs Canelo in a boxing match within 3 rds

I dont get it -

Fans are always so quick to say "IF THEY CAME OVER TO MMA THEY WOULD GET WHOOPED" but when I have some real faith in MMA fighters and start talking about them transferring over to boxing for a fight or two im crazy, lol.

Get a grip people! open your mind!

Dude you ever fight.... I mean ever and not against your sister that shit doesn't count. Put it this way, if you had any understanding or experience you would realize how stupid your thread sounds. Basically MMA fights can most of the time make a good one dimensional striker look like trash in mma because they have many more tools at their disposal to take that striker off his game ( wrestling, jits, judo, sambo, etc). The same cannot be said if you put an mma fighter in a boxing ring because you have taken all those tools away from him now. I must also mention that while an mma fighter practices many disciplines (judo, jits, wrestling, kick boxing, boxing, sambo, tkd, kung fu, karate, etc) he will not get as good as he could at one single one because he spends his time on so many different training regiments. A boxer boxes and strength train and runs and boxes and gets much better at boxing than a mma fighter. When you put an mma fighter in with him with boxing rules he will teach that mma fight how to box. I hope this helps you make sense of your thread. Now go to gym and start training something.

Bones Jones vs Pretty Boy Floyd in boxing...make it happen, Dana!

Who cares if an mma guy can beat a boxer in a boxing match. MMA is true fighting while boxing is one dimensional. Any decent mma guy would trash the best boxers in a real fight.

Dude you ever fight.... I mean ever and not against your sister that shit doesn't count. Put it this way, if you had any understanding or experience you would realize how stupid your thread sounds. Basically MMA fights can most of the time make a good one dimensional striker look like trash in mma because they have many more tools at their disposal to take that striker off his game ( wrestling, jits, judo, sambo, etc). The same cannot be said if you put an mma fighter in a boxing ring because you have taken all those tools away from him now. I must also mention that while an mma fighter practices many disciplines (judo, jits, wrestling, kick boxing, boxing, sambo, tkd, kung fu, karate, etc) he will not get as good as he could at one single one because he spends his time on so many different training regiments. A boxer boxes and strength train and runs and boxes and gets much better at boxing than a mma fighter. When you put an mma fighter in with him with boxing rules he will teach that mma fight how to box. I hope this helps you make sense of your thread. Now go to gym and start training something.

Oh dude - youre so macho - telling me ive never trained - sorry I forgot you are super ferocious at the gym. I love MMA as a sport and yes - I do train, im not the best fighter in the world but I do train because I like MMA - I like all types of fighting.

Why insult me when I made a simple prediction? You mustve had a shitty morning - you gotta open your mind man - think of the possibilities instead of the impossibilities.

I feel like certain UFC fighters will soon start to challenge boxers at there own game.

Call me crazy - but I feel if MMA fighters have more of a killer instinct, new fresh approach to competing in combat, thoughts?

there-their-theyre-difference.jpg

If I had Dana White $$$$ I'd pay mayweather his 50 million to fight one UFC fight vs Faber/Barao/cruz etc then watch him get so emberrassed that people would switch to MMA......its an investment in MMA not a paycheck. No way Mayweather makes it through a UFC fight

Certain crazy matchups between a boxer of great skill vs a much bigger guy could be fun to watch.
Kind of like the match celebrity boxing did between Shane Moseley and Shaq. Sugar Shane won.

Boxers will win boxing matches. MMA fighters will win MMA fights. It's not that hard to figure out, really.

Who cares if an mma guy can beat a boxer in a boxing match. MMA is true fighting while boxing is one dimensional. Any decent mma guy would trash the best boxers in a real fight.

You think Benavidez would trash Floyd in a real fight?

Back