Prediction: UFC 250 will not take place in Brazil

Joseph_McBride

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's tentatively scheduled for Brazil on May 9th, but I believe the UFC will make this a big ESPN card instead. Which wouldn't be unprecedented since Cejudo headlined UFC on ESPN 1.

Then they will reschedule UFC 250 for the following week, May 16th, in Las Vegas for Conor's next fight. I believe the Nate trilogy will be the top choice but if he is tough with negotiations then Gaethje will get the fight. Best case scenario is Gaethje at 155 lbs so that division can get rolling. Surging contenders like Hooker, Ferreira, & Lee/Bronx winner are rising fast.

UFC 250, Las Vegas(5/16/20):

Conor McGregor vs Justin Gaethje
Korean Zombie vs Brian Ortega
Stephen Thompson vs Geoff Neal
James Krause vs Niko Price
Sodiq Yusuff vs Hakeem Dawodu

June(251) will get Usman/Mas & Volk/Max 2. July(252) will get the HW title fight + loaded undercard.

giphy.gif

You said all that and didnt give a single reason you think so

{<shrug}

I can definitely see that happening

he wants to fight before summer. Ufc 248 already has 2 title fights and there’s no way he fights on the same card as khabib at 249

he won’t fight on a Brazil card unless it’s vs a Brazilian and there’s none he seems interested based off his call outs

They're aiming to get Cejudo/Aldo for that card, and the Diaz trilogy would've only happened that soon if Conor had lost to Cowboy. Zero chance it's his next fight.

I can definitely see that happening

he wants to fight before summer. Ufc 248 already has 2 title fights and there’s no way he fights on the same card as khabib at 249

he won’t fight on a Brazil card unless it’s vs a Brazilian and there’s none he seems interested based off his call outs
It's a long shot, but maybe RDA if he wins this weekend? Doesn't seem worth like the risk would be worth the reward though, unless Conor wants to crack the top 5 at WW

It's a long shot, but maybe RDA if he wins this weekend? Doesn't seem worth like the risk would be worth the reward though, unless Conor wants to crack the top 5 at WW

yeah forgot about RDA that’s definitely an option

giphy.gif

You said all that and didnt give a single reason you think so

{<shrug}
Because Conor wants to fight before summer, & Conor/Nate 3 or Conor/Gaethje don't make sense in Brazil.

I'm sorry common sense escapes you.

Conor fights Cowboy at 170

Conor says maybe Masvidal or Usman
Dana says Khabib rematch is the fight to make (Cucuy is chopped liver)
Kavanaugh says Gaethje or Masvidal at 170
Conor might fight Nate trilogy at 170
or maybe Gaethje at 155
or maybe RDA if he beats Chiesa at 170
Mayweather already has a promo out for the Mcgregor rematch

giphy.gif

It's tentatively scheduled for Brazil on May 9th, but I believe the UFC will make this a big ESPN card instead. Which wouldn't be unprecedented since Cejudo headlined UFC on ESPN 1.

Then they will reschedule UFC 250 for the following week, May 16th, in Las Vegas for Conor's next fight. I believe the Nate trilogy will be the top choice but if he is tough with negotiations then Gaethje will get the fight. Best case scenario is Gaethje at 155 lbs so that division can get rolling. Surging contenders like Hooker, Ferreira, & Lee/Bronx winner are rising fast.

UFC 250, Las Vegas(5/16/20):

Conor McGregor vs Justin Gaethje
Korean Zombie vs Brian Ortega
Stephen Thompson vs Geoff Neal
James Krause vs Niko Price
Sodiq Yusuff vs Hakeem Dawodu

June(251) will get Usman/Mas & Volk/Max 2. July(252) will get the HW title fight + loaded undercard.
Conor is not gonna fight Gaethje.

Back