Prediction: Nate Diaz will carry Conor to a controversial close decision to set up the trilogy fight

It was like in some cheesy movie:

"Just remember I could have finished you right here and right now but fuck you, you're worth more alive."

3o6ZthxTc0zDDRGrKg.gif
THIS! This is what killed me. Hands at the side...walking away back turned...looking at the clock. Doesn't help that Nate should've used this as an opportunity.

I dont believe the fight was fixed from the UFC they would have to much to lose.
But that was a great prediction. Diaz had so much momentum from the end of the 2nd to the start of the 4th and than it stopped.

Ding ding ding. Told you guys those DFW checks were good

Just like Mayweather carried De La Hoya to cash in on the rematch (which never happened though but that's a different story). Once Nate is in full control of the fight he won't look for the finish but will carry Conor and the judges will probably gift some rounds to Conor, resulting in some split decision and controversy which will pretty much warrant the trilogy fight.

Nate is not stupid, he knows that the fight with Conor is the big money fight but he also knows that the biggest money fight is the potential third fight with Conor, the epic trilogy fight.

He doesn't need to take a dive like some people here suggested. I think Conor will win the first round like in the first fight, 2nd round will be close then Conor will gas in the 3rd and started getting tagged left and right again but this time Nate lets him survive. Nate wins the 4th round but doesn't do much in the 5th round resulting with a close last round which will likely be gifted to Conor.

Screen_Shot_2016_08_21_at_05_43_29.png

I dont believe the fight was fixed from the UFC they would have to much to lose.

It doesn't need to be blatant fix. Most of these things are achieved through subtle pressure and in this case the UFC didn't even need to tell Nate anything because he already knew what's the best for the UFC and what's the best for him.

Like for example when they pay off referees in football (soccer), the clubs don't tell referees what to do, they just buy them gifts and it's pretty self-explanatory why they got them.

Yeah I'm sure Nate "carried" him when Conor was punching him full power in the face, knocking him down and opening his face up. If you think that was fixed you're a true moron.

Just like Mayweather carried De La Hoya to cash in on the rematch (which never happened though but that's a different story). Once Nate is in full control of the fight he won't look for the finish but will carry Conor and the judges will probably gift some rounds to Conor, resulting in some split decision and controversy which will pretty much warrant the trilogy fight.

Nate is not stupid, he knows that the fight with Conor is the big money fight but he also knows that the biggest money fight is the potential third fight with Conor, the epic trilogy fight.

He doesn't need to take a dive like some people here suggested. I think Conor will win the first round like in the first fight, 2nd round will be close then Conor will gas in the 3rd and started getting tagged left and right again but this time Nate lets him survive. Nate wins the 4th round but doesn't do much in the 5th round resulting with a close last round which will likely be gifted to Conor.

Pretty eerie.. I was wondering why Diaz came out so slow in the 4th after the ass whoping he had laid on Conor.

Pretty eerie.. I was wondering why Diaz came out so slow in the 4th after the ass whoping he had laid on Conor.

It goes against everything you're told as a fighter. After you dominate a round and have the guy wobbled and tired you need to keep the momentum and start the next round strong. Nate didn't even try. It was very obvious to me that he carried him through that round.

It goes against everything you're told as a fighter. After you dominate a round and have the guy wobbled and tired you need to keep the momentum and start the next round strong. Nate didn't even try. It was very obvious to me that he carried him through that round.

don't know if it is a fix or not, but these are some good points

giphy.gif

Yeah I'm sure Nate "carried" him when Conor was punching him full power in the face, knocking him down and opening his face up. If you think that was fixed you're a true moron.

Carrying someone is not fixing. It happens when someone is in a relative control of the fight and for some reason doesn't want to finish it. Nate started doing it around halfway through the fight.

You sir, need to get a platinum account for life, along with the best blow and strippers.

Well done sir.

How is it not fixing, even if it is just one person in on it(Diaz). Trying to maximize his pay by losing a decision, is still fight fixing.

How is it not fixing, even if it is just one person in on it(Diaz). Trying to maximize his pay by losing a decision, is still fight fixing.

In some way, but it's not like taking a dive. It's just holding back and fooling around.

Lol holy crap ts nailed it... Nate has those hustler instincts, he knew EXACTLY what he was doing.

Back