Prediction: Nate Diaz will carry Conor to a controversial close decision to set up the trilogy fight

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Hi-Tech, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Hi-Tech

Hi-Tech Slavic Fighter Double Yellow Card

Just like Mayweather carried De La Hoya to cash in on the rematch (which never happened though but that's a different story). Once Nate is in full control of the fight he won't look for the finish but will carry Conor and the judges will probably gift some rounds to Conor, resulting in some split decision and controversy which will pretty much warrant the trilogy fight.

Nate is not stupid, he knows that the fight with Conor is the big money fight but he also knows that the biggest money fight is the potential third fight with Conor, the epic trilogy fight.

He doesn't need to take a dive like some people here suggested. I think Conor will win the first round like in the first fight, 2nd round will be close then Conor will gas in the 3rd and started getting tagged left and right again but this time Nate lets him survive. Nate wins the 4th round but doesn't do much in the 5th round resulting with a close last round which will likely be gifted to Conor.

2. Fedor Machida

Fedor Machida Banned Banned

slap yourself

Cooliox, Vegesus44, pamirec and 11 others like this.
  3. Rondas Pillow

Rondas Pillow Black Belt

I was just thinking the same thing.

4. ortizgnp

ortizgnp Juice Belt

Threads like this are part of the reason I'm going to leave if Conor wins.

:>

5. freakyfarley

freakyfarley Adam Farley inc.

6. Rondas Pillow

Rondas Pillow Black Belt

As much as the Diaz bitch about money- it's not out of the realm of possibilities.

ProPROpro likes this.
  7. Kyler Ruxin

Kyler Ruxin Pabst Powered Fuck Machine

They bitch about fighters being pussies more. I don't see it happening.

8. Drofrah

Drofrah Green Belt

9. bettergenes

bettergenes FTW Double Yellow Card

Conor won't make it past second round. If he chooses to pace himself, Diaz will overwhelm him with barrage of strikes. Conor can only hope one of his punches lands hard early.
    There won't be a trilogy if Conor wins. He will again tell you that Nate won the lottery last time and will proceed fighting a champion at 155.

10. ElLunico

ElLunico Green Belt

Or he could just take a dive? And not fucking go 25 minutes against a great striker like Conor. He got busted up after 1 round and you think he's going to take it easy to keep it close for 5 rounds just to set up a trilogy?

LMAO!! besides i think nate has too much pride to be corrupted like that.

11. MEAN357

MEAN357 Pernell Whitaker belt

Honestly wouldnt doubt it. We saw DC carry Silva. Damn interested to see a full camp Diaz fight Connor tho. Connors gonna bring his A game and I imagine Diaz will aswell despite beating him on his F game LOL If Connor cant hurt him, which he proved he cant then I dont see him winning either way.

Hi-Tech likes this.
  12. The Young Wolf

The Young Wolf Purple Belt

Could be. But Conor could finish him, Nate could say fuck it and just finish him and take the hype to a title shot at LW. Lots of different ways this fight can go down. That is what makes it so appealing

13. Lockard The GOAT

Lockard The GOAT Banned Banned

Nobody is taking a dive or letting the other guy win, STFU. Seems the closer we get to 202, the more nervous you become of Nate's chances of hitting the jackpot twice.

McgreGOATsLeft likes this.
  14. Rondas Pillow

Rondas Pillow Black Belt

True.

Kyler Ruxin likes this.
  15. Frothy Milk

Frothy Milk Green Belt

Dear Hi-Tech,

I'm sorry I had sex with your mother.
    Yes, you took a couple spills to the head growing up. We would all appreciate it if your never made a thread again.

Probably your Father,

Frothy Milk

16. Essie

Essie fuck Platinum Member

Can you name a fight in UFC history where someone was carried? Happens often in boxing but I don't see it being viable in MMA.

McgreGOATsLeft likes this.
  17. BigNuggetIce

BigNuggetIce Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

If nate tries to carry conor the fight won't take long. Nick will be throwing the towel in again. I don't think nate is that dumb tho. He'll be on point for this fight. Its going to be a good one.

18. nostradumbass

nostradumbass Steel Belt

Conor isn't that hard of a puncher. His punches are good and straight, so they're accurate, but the only guy whose lights he cleanly put was Aldo, because he dove headfirst into a fist. Nate's not too tough to hit, but very difficult to hit solidly. His best bet is to somehow become an expert kicker in a few months.

Oh and if there is a trilogy fight with and they still don't strip Conor, that will be the straw that broke the camel's back, and they can't even try to claim their belts and matchmaking as legitimate.

kibz likes this.
  19. BigNuggetIce

BigNuggetIce Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Lol at dc carry Silva. Watch the fight again. DC was working the whole time on top but he couldn't get anything done. & God knows he couldn't threaten anderson on the feet.

Greedy Dana likes this.
  20. McgreGOATsLeft

McgreGOATsLeft alone

Ban-worthy. <42>

I mean there are so many threads popping up about Diaz is going to do this, Diaz is going to do that, Diaz will take a dive like this or that just stfu already. You think of all people that one of the Diaz brothers would take a dive or whatever other bullshit? Come on man, pitiful.