(Prediction) khamzat will succumb to CFS

It's incredibly unlikely that someone would suffer from two different non-related post covid problems.

It's incredibly unlikely that someone would suffer from two different non-related post covid problems.
They are VERY related. In fact, they're one and the same. Chronic COVID syndrome(which is something Khamzat is dealing with) is just CFS caused by COVID.

You spit blood when you get punched in the mouth in training!
Thats true Man. Going back to hating that Kebab fanboy.
But seriously he coughed out blood in hotel bathroom while droping some posts about family being most important instead of the belt.
It got me a bit.

Dude is 26.

Weird prediction to make and I think odds are he'll make a full recovery.

They are VERY related. In fact, they're one and the same. Chronic COVID syndrome(which is something Khamzat is dealing with) is just CFS caused by COVID.

Lung damage is lung damage. CFS is neurological. They are not the same.

Any set of post viral problems is not one singular illness. People will have different illnesses.

There could be some correlation between them as more severe infections and a more severe immune response will affect the entire body, but you don't typically see people develop more than one distinct problem from one infection.

Mono causes post viral fatigue very commonly and very few of those people with that symptom have any other distinct non-neurological problem.

Last edited:
Lung damage is lung damage. CFS is neurological. They are not the same.

Any set of post viral problems is not one singular illness. People will have different illnesses.

There could be some correlation between them as more severe infections and a more severe immune response will affect the entire body, but you don't typically see people develop more than one distinct problem from one infection.

Mono causes post viral fatigue very commonly and very few of those people with that symptom have any other distinct non-neurological problem.
CFS is NOT neurological, it's systemic just like Chronic COVID syndrome is. The lung damage was caused by his immune response when he got infected, and the persisting symptoms that he has now can be the result of that lung damage, but also can be the result of ongoing faulty immune response which is characteristic of CFS. These go hand in hand. Read this.

Hopefully the might and power of Thorne and the Performance Institute will fill him with all the roids and drugs he needs to come back and then some.

We can rebuild him. We have the technology.

8LyP.gif

CFS is NOT neurological, it's systemic just like Chronic COVID syndrome is. The lung damage was caused by his immune response when he got infected, and the persisting symptoms that he has now can be the result of that lung damage, but also can be the result of ongoing faulty immune response which is characteristic of CFS. These go hand in hand. Read this.

In that wiki link, they literally state lung damage and CFS to be different post-covid syndromes.

"An early analysis by the United Kingdom's National Institute for Health Research suggests that ongoing long COVID symptoms may be due to four syndromes:"

The four that they list are entirely distinct from one another.

In that wiki link, they literally state lung damage and CFS to be different post-covid syndromes.

"An early analysis by the United Kingdom's National Institute for Health Research suggests that ongoing long COVID symptoms may be due to four syndromes:"

The four that they list are entirely distinct from one another.
First of all, the four syndroms that they list are suggestions and are not entirely distinct from one another. They are separately characterized, but are very much interconnected in the sense that one can cause other. If you look at just bellow that, you will see another group of suggestions most important of which is:

- damage caused by inflammation and a strong immune response to the infection

You don't seem to understand that both lung damage and persistent symptoms that one suffers from are caused by the same source, namely body's immune response. What I'm saying is that his condition AT THIS MOMENT can be the result of damaged lungs, but can also be result of the persistent body's immune response which we would call CFS, or in the case Long COVID/ chronic COVID syndrome.

Based on no knowledge of what you're talking about. Got ya
Do your research bud, COVID longhaulers and CFS is more common then you think and the COVID pandemic has actually drawn attention to the condition ,it's common knowledge that CFS follows a viral infection.....Anyway i don't see you adding anything constructive to the conversation...

First of all, the four syndroms that they list are suggestions and are not entirely distinct from one another. They are separately characterized, but are very much interconnected in the sense that one can cause other. If you look at just bellow that, you will see another group of suggestions most important of which is:

- damage caused by inflammation and a strong immune response to the infection

You don't seem to understand that both lung damage and persistent symptoms that one suffers from are caused by the same source, namely body's immune response. What I'm saying is that his condition AT THIS MOMENT can be the result of damaged lungs, but can also be result of the persistent body's immune response which we would call CFS, or in the case Long COVID/ chronic COVID syndrome.
That's some awesome information there mate, unfortunately there are some really dumb people on here that seem more intent on ridiculing information offerings then contributing something constructive....

Nah, he will succumb to IFS.

If he fully recovers we could still be looking at a year or more on the shelf. It seems even scarred lungs can heal. Still if it's a bad case, that's full year without being remotely physically active and without training, so it could 2-3 years before he's back to his former self.

Given his star power I'm sure the UFC will spend the money to get whatever treatment is possible for him.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/hea...oronavirus/what-coronavirus-does-to-the-lungs
Is COVID-19 lung damage reversible?
After a serious case of COVID-19, a patient’s lungs can recover, but not overnight. “Recovery from lung damage takes time,” Galiatsatos says. “There’s the initial injury to the lungs, followed by scarring. Over time, the tissue heals, but it can take three months to a year or more for a person’s lung function to return to pre-COVID-19 levels.”

I personally wanted to see this guys impact on both WW and MW, although i am no passenger on the hype train, i believe he had the combination of stand up power and wrestling to be a problem for guys in both divisions. But with everything i am reading he is a prime candidate for chronic fatigue syndrome, even if he finally recovers from the lung infection he is battling, i just don't believe he will recover from the damage to his lungs to return to top level competition. Personally i doubt he will ever be able to keep up the necessary training to prepare enough for a top level opponent. I hope i am wrong.

Dana should pay for him to go to the Mayo Clinic and have them check him out. If nothing else they could come up with a plan for getting him back into shape, as best as possible at least.

Im not a huge fan, especially after another Edwards pull out.
However, when I saw him spitting blood, I let it go, thats not something that I wish for anyone.
Wow how generous.....morons on
Here

I personally wanted to see this guys impact on both WW and MW, although i am no passenger on the hype train, i believe he had the combination of stand up power and wrestling to be a problem for guys in both divisions. But with everything i am reading he is a prime candidate for chronic fatigue syndrome, even if he finally recovers from the lung infection he is battling, i just don't believe he will recover from the damage to his lungs to return to top level competition. Personally i doubt he will ever be able to keep up the necessary training to prepare enough for a top level opponent. I hope i am wrong.
There is hope though there has been some evidence or speculative evidence that getting the vaccine has actually helped people that have had prolonged or chronic symptoms after having COVID

Back