Prediction God Chael Sonnen foresees a Donald Cerrone upset win over Conor Mcgregor.

Yoel Stoolmero

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Conor McGregor is currently a pretty big betting favorite against Donald Cerrone at around -315 while Cowboy is at +265. Majority of professional analysts have naturally picked the first ever UFC Champ Champ to win his comeback fight, but Prediction God Chael Sonnen has a different opinion.

The former UFC fighter and analyst disagrees with those saying Cowboy is a slow starter, and says the fight will be decided early on.

“We’re gonna know after the first round who’s going to win the match. If Conor loses the first round, he is losing the contest,” Sonnen said on his Youtube channel.

"Conor is a great starter. Many people have said that Cowboy is a slow starter, but I haven’t seen that. I don’t really know where that dialog comes from. I have never thought of Cowboy Cerrone as a slow starter, but I hear that out there.”

Sonnen concedes that Cerrone won’t be the faster fighter, but still says he believes he will find a way to beat McGregor.

“You are going to have a little bit of a speed deficit,” Sonnen said about Cerrone. “Donald Cerrone is going to have to use tactics and techniques. He’s going to have to circle in certain ways. He’s going to have to push in certain ways to take some of the emphasis and some of the power and timing off of Conor’s left hand.

“If Donald goes out there and does that all in the very first round, he will be able to carry that through the night.

You want a prediction!? You want a prediction!? Straight up I believe Cowboy Cerrone finds an upset.”

Chael picked Faber over Yan. I usually pick the opposite of his picks, Chael knows a lot about the sport but he tends to pick his friends.

He was the underdog against Al, Hernandez and Perry as well. Only difference is I expected him to win those fights.

I'm a big fan of Cowboy, but wouldn't bet money on him to win.

Chaels almost Nam Phan levels at bad about fight predictions
He’s unfourtunately like Schaub and a few others where they tend to pick the hot take fighter all the time so that on the off chance one day they can say “See?! I was right!”

I wouldn't be shocked if Cowboy wins. He does have striking to hang with Conor. And when Conor gasses he does so big time.
Conor of old wins. Conor of January 2020 might get his ass beat. Fanboy in me tells he still gets it done but...

Chael has a record similar to the Cincinnati Bengals in terms of predicting fights.

Chael picked Faber over Yan. I usually pick the opposite of his picks, Chael knows a lot about the sport but he tends to pick his friends.
Not necessarily

He picks to be polarizing and stir the pot than anything

Has anyone ever kept track of Chael’s prediction record?

My first thought is also what if he always picks just to be controversial.

A good objective measure might be if you always bet with Chael using the closing odds, would you have actually made money or lost money?

Got a few minutes through the Chael prediction vid. While you could make a similar video for anyone that has publicly predicted as many fights as Chael has some of those are really terrible. Hunt over Brock and Holm TKOing Shevchenko are absurd.

This fight should be at 155 . Nice size advantage for Cowboy. If conor loses it's because he was too lazy to make the cut like an idiot

I've always been a fan of Chael and love when he says things - fuck yah

Has Chael ever made a prediction that came true.

I don't know because his podcast is so boring I always give up after 5 minutes.

How is it possible that a guy who has a reputation as a good talker takes so long to get to a point.

Back