Rumored Prediction: Cormier and Miocic both retire at UFC 252

If Stipe wins he'll 100% want to retire, wayyyyyy too risky to fight Francis again. But, you know the UFC will offer him a boatload of cash to fight Francis bc they want the belt passed to the new king of the division. I like Stipe, I hope he retires

My one other theory on this DC vs Stipe fight is this :

I believe that just before this fight happens, literally the day before the fight, I think Dana White is going to ask DC for 5mins of his time and he is going to sit down with him in a private setting and spend 3 or 4 minutes telling DC means to the UFC, praising him to the skies and all that, and then the punchline will be this : "Daniel whatever happens Saturday night in the Octagon with Stipe -- please promise me NOT to retire in the cage after the fight. Let's just talk first, ok?"

I think Dana will offer Daniel half a bank-vault of gold to have one more fight. Maybe DC vs Ngannou or Jones and promise DC 10million dollars. Some massive offer that DC would find very very hard to refuse. Even if DC DOES retire in the cage on August 15th, I still think Dana will make him a massive offer for one more fight. Jones or Ngannou. This is what Dana does.

it will be the best thing in any case.
If DC win and he fight
40 year old out of shape DC is in his prime lol?

40 years old with an optimal weight at 246 lbs ! Last time, he was stronger than ever, with very good cardio
Maybe he is less explosiveness and a little bit slower ! But in strike force, his chin and his strength was lower !
Just the stats : DC lands 317 shots in 4 round ( one of the best score ) and 181 significatif strikes against best version of stipe ! Nobody in the history of MMA can crush stipe for 3 round like it ! And if his ego didn’t catch him, he won a close decision.

Technically the division will get younger on average when these fossils retire, it is just going to have absolutely no depth.

I hope Stipe keeps going if he is healthy.. He is 2 or 3 wins away from being the HW GOAT.. Hard to deny..

Whoever wins will not retire.

And I doubt Stipe will retire win or lose. Unless he's got issues that are more severe than we suspect.

If Healthy I think he keeps going. Seems to love fighting, and his legacy matters to him.. But what is the state of his eyesight? Turns out Bisping was in far worse shape than we knew..

Was probably more around the time Cain got clobbered tbh

Those aka guys are great wrestlers and decent enough strikers, But they aren’t good enough to work around that kind of danger if they can’t get the TD.
DC isn't that bad on his feet, and I'm confident he can get the TD on Francis. We still have no clue how Francis does on the ground it could be a slaughter by DC. DC is easily the better fighter.

Yeah, I predicted this a while ago. It's mostly due to Ngannou. Both would change their tunes very quickly if Derrick Lewis were in line for a title shot.

I think both Stipe and DC would be open to fighting Jones or Lesnar at heavyweight as well. They just want nothing to do with Ngannou and I can't blame them.

DC isn't that bad on his feet, and I'm confident he can get the TD on Francis. We still have no clue how Francis does on the ground it could be a slaughter by DC. DC is easily the better fighter.
DC is a good striker but his skill set doesn’t lend itself to avoiding everything francis has to offer. Also I believe he can probably get a takedown, but I’m not convinced he can do enough

I’d probably take Francis in that fight, depending on the odds

DC will regardless.

Stipe won't, I don't think. He hasn't made nearly enough money and it's not like he has a bright future ahead of him after fighting. He is not charismatic, is dumb as a rock, terrible speaking, and firefighting is not exactly banking. DC has a billion avenues to make great money, and he already is.

Definitely, it'll be a snoozer as well - both have been KO'd by the other, neither wants to go out like that in their last fight ever, expect 5 rounds of nothing (probably a lot of DC-led wrestling actually). I honestly don't care about this fight, even though I enjoyed the first two and have a lot of time for both guys in general.

And then Maurice Greene subs Francis.

<20>

Back