Rumored Prediction: Cormier and Miocic both retire at UFC 252

Was probably more around the time Cain got clobbered tbh

Those aka guys are great wrestlers and decent enough strikers, But they aren’t good enough to work around that kind of danger if they can’t get the TD.
Good call. He got clubbed half way in the takedown and crumbled.

Stipe likely gets paid more and gets more chicks as a fireman anyway lol

It would be very nice ! The two best of all times retired at their prime in the same time. Problem will be for the division. The next champion will never be considered like the champ

wait Conor is fighting again? I thought he just retired... this timeline is hard to keep up

I’m predicting that this is a retirement fight for both fighters. Not a very bold prediction, I know I know.
<YeahOKJen>

DC has openly said he will retire regardless of whether he wins or loses that night.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...fter-stipe-miocic-trilogy-at-ufc-252.amp.html

Stipe has hinted at retirement multiple times now. He’s probably in the mindset that he has nothing else to prove, and that the injuries he’s sustained are adding up.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.es...tirement-ahead-of-daniel-cormier-trilogy/amp/

It’s probably not planned out by both men to co-retire, but I think both are planning on retiring separately for their own reasons.

DC has been retiring for two years now and Stipe is about one more DC eye poke from having to retire due to eye gouging.
<{cruzshake}>

Paves the way for a Brock/Jones fight for the vacant belt.

DC will be a SORE LOSER if he lose to Stipe again
My one other theory on this DC vs Stipe fight is this :

I believe that just before this fight happens, literally the day before the fight, I think Dana White is going to ask DC for 5mins of his time and he is going to sit down with him in a private setting and spend 3 or 4 minutes telling DC what he has meant to the UFC over the years, praising him to the skies and all that, and then the punchline will be this : "Daniel whatever happens Saturday night in the Octagon with Stipe -- please promise me NOT to retire in the cage after the fight. Let's just talk first, ok?"

I think Dana will offer Daniel half a bank-vault of gold to have one more fight. Maybe DC vs Ngannou or Jones and promise DC 10million dollars. Some massive offer that DC would find very very hard to refuse. Even if DC DOES retire in the cage on August 15th, I still think Dana will make him a massive offer for one more fight. Jones or Ngannou. This is what Dana does.

Last edited:
I hope so. Stipe is turning 38 and he is kinda disengaged from the sport nowadays. If he keeps fighting once a year it will turn out pretty bad for him. He should retire.

Jones isn’t going to heavyweight lol

4 man tournament:

Ngannou vs JDS II
Blaydes vs Lewis

Good call TS, I wouldn't be surprised if they both retired, it could happen, Stipe is only a part time fighter anyway, so I could see it for sure.

It would be very nice ! The two best of all times retired at their prime in the same time. Problem will be for the division. The next champion will never be considered like the champ

40 year old out of shape DC is in his prime lol?

I’m predicting that this is a retirement fight for both fighters. Not a very bold prediction, I know I know.
<YeahOKJen>

DC has openly said he will retire regardless of whether he wins or loses that night.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...fter-stipe-miocic-trilogy-at-ufc-252.amp.html

Stipe has hinted at retirement multiple times now. He’s probably in the mindset that he has nothing else to prove, and that the injuries he’s sustained are adding up.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.es...tirement-ahead-of-daniel-cormier-trilogy/amp/

It’s probably not planned out by both men to co-retire, but I think both are planning on retiring separately for their own reasons.
let them, heavyweight is stacked anyway

It's definitely possible.

The question then becomes, who does Ngannou fight for the title?
They just gift to to Conor and have him fight like Paul Felder at a random openweight to get him his first ever title defense, then induct him into his own special wing of the hall of fame.

Ducking Ngannou Confirmation...
<{you!}>
Affirmative, Curtis Blaydes Chances of TS Sunk
{<BJPeen}

My one other theory on this DC vs Stipe fight is this :

I believe that just before this fight happens, literally the day before the fight, I think Dana White is going to ask DC for 5mins of his time and he is going to sit down with him in a private setting and spend 3 or 4 minutes telling DC what he has meant to the UFC over the years, praising him to the skies and all that, and then the punchline will be this : "Daniel whatever happens Saturday night in the Octagon with Stipe -- please promise me NOT to retire in the cage after the fight. Let's just talk first, ok?"

I think Dana will offer Daniel half a bank-vault of gold to have one more fight. Maybe DC vs Ngannou or Jones and promise DC 10million dollars. Some massive offer that DC would find very very hard to refuse. Even if DC DOES retire in the cage on August 15th, I still think Dana will make him a massive offer for one more fight. Jones or Ngannou. This is what Dana does.

Not only is this what Dana does, accepting it is what DC does. Both the stint coaching TUF and the Lewis fight were characterized by Daniel as things he hadn't wanted to do, but the deal was too good for him to pass up. "An offer he couldn't refuse" as it were.

It is sad to know that when Stipe retires, the UFC will never talk about him again. Few fans will either, only the scholars. Based on pure 'who-would-win'hood (i. e. leaving stuff like resume and p4p aside), I think he is the best MMA fighter ever. And I'm not even a fan of his. Also pretty sure that he will fight at least one more time, probably Ngannou rematch. His mouth-shutting legacy (and a handsome amount of money of course) will make him.

Back