Rumored Prediction: Cormier and Miocic both retire at UFC 252

I’m predicting that this is a retirement fight for both fighters. Not a very bold prediction, I know I know.
<YeahOKJen>

DC has openly said he will retire regardless of whether he wins or loses that night.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...fter-stipe-miocic-trilogy-at-ufc-252.amp.html

Stipe has hinted at retirement multiple times now. He’s probably in the mindset that he has nothing else to prove, and that the injuries he’s sustained are adding up.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.es...tirement-ahead-of-daniel-cormier-trilogy/amp/

It’s probably not planned out by both men to co-retire, but I think both are planning on retiring separately for their own reasons.
DC is 99.99% Confirmed that he is retiring but for Stipe i really dont know

Whoever wins will not retire.

And I doubt Stipe will retire win or lose. Unless he's got issues that are more severe than we suspect.

Remember when he was so surprised he was world champ that he ran around in shock saying
"I'm a world champ" " im a world champ"

Not even the same dude anymore ..

If Stipe loses- I agree, I can see both DC and him will retire. If he wins, i can see him stick around for a rematch with Francis. If they both retire- it is fine by me. Both guys are content to fight once a year. We need active HW champs. We had to deal with One Fight a Year Cain for 4 years, and now we have Stipe who barely fights once a year. I will be happy if both retire. Even Stipe hinted how he is happy being home and a family man. Let him be.

Last edited:
Imagine how pissed DC would be if Stipe beats him, and then retires taking the HW status with him. That would mean DC isnt number 1 in HW or LHW, he'd probably not retire lmao

Black Beast Ngannou 2 for title. Big Titties vs Big Muscles DOS
If Lewis Destroys Oleinek within 1 round then maybe but if it goes to the distance or if Oleinek pulls an Upset then Francis VS Blaydes III for the Vacant Title

Stipe ain't retiring. DC, probably. He is a coach as well as a commentator so he makes good money.

If Stipe wins, Stipe can still get a possible superfight with Jon Jones. If DC wins and retires, Stipe is instantly favorable to champion again as well as a superfight with Jon Jones.

These guys will stay for a pay day. Jon Jones is looking for one. Stipe said he'd fight boxers in Boxing, so he is looking for one as well.
Francis will be Next if Stipe is not retiring but if Stipe retire then Francis vs Jon or Blaydes 3

Stipe doesn’t want that Francis rematch. It’s a smart move on his part.

The bigger question is what happens if DC wins again? Who wins the belt once it's vacated? Mini HW tournament?

Ngannou definitely deserves first crack regardless of what happens. I can't imagine he'd be excited to fight Blaydes for a 3rd time but it may have to happen so they would be next in line. Reem being likely after them.

they might as well fold HW if that happens.

Stipe doesn’t want that Francis rematch. It’s a smart move on his part.
DC shit his pants watching Rosengartner get KO'd. He text Dana he's never taking that fight right after.

DC shit his pants watching Rosengartner get KO'd. He text Dana he's never taking that fight right after.
Was probably more around the time Cain got clobbered tbh

Those aka guys are great wrestlers and decent enough strikers, But they aren’t good enough to work around that kind of danger if they can’t get the TD.

It'd probably have to be Curtis Blaydes again I would have thought, not sure who else you could really give a shot to unless they decide to cave to Jones' demands.
Jones doesn’t really want to fight at hw lol.

Back