Prediction: Conor will fight Gaethje instead of Poirier

I'm not sure what the legalities are but I'm not sure that Conman can just pull out of the fight after the contracts have already been signed unless there's a legit medical reason, injury, illness, etc... I'm guessing there would have to be some kind of penalty for that right?

Also, this this shows even more how stupid it was for Porier to give up his title shot. Now it looks like he may be left holding the bag. No title and no big payday either.

The Dustin fight is still on. But if Justin fought Conor I think Conor finishes Justin.
Justin would swing to kill Conor in the first round and that would be enough for Conor to finish Justin, I believe.
Conor might not be as good as he once was, but he showed in the first round against Dustin, almost finishing him, that he is far from bad.

0*ilL7XIbRGY1Uy0Mz.gif

0*ZiHMYnx9YBRDU_fW.gif

Conor is the superior grappler
You think he's a better grappler than a Div 1 All American? You do realize that all his losses until DP have been subs right? That's literally him losing the grappling battle every time

No matter who he fights, Conor's whistle will still whistle strong on the night.

Gaithje poses even more problems for conor then Dustin does...theres a reason he fought dustin the first time....when Gaithje insulted everyone but his mother calling him out for a fight...

Conor never fights gaithje....
Conor would have a better chance against Gaethje imo ....Gaethje is getting better , but he still likes to brawl

You think he's a better grappler than a Div 1 All American? You do realize that all his losses until DP have been subs right? That's literally him losing the grappling battle every time
Watch the Khabib fights ....Conor did a respectable job on the ground ....Gaethje looked like he had zero idea what he was doing

Not sure your making sense there bro, why on earth are you assuming Conor needs to be taken down to lose? Did you watch his last fight??

First off - Conor can't take down Justin Gaethje (literally no evidence of this), as I said even if Conor was somehow the better grappler in BJJ how does that help him at all? He's not an American wrestler like Justin is..so he doesn't decide where the fight takes place.

Second - Gaethje will fight him on the feet and all the evidence points towards the same Gaethje that destroyed Tony will do the same to Conor who was badly exposed by Dustin. Using timed aggression and a gas tank Conor could not even match in his prime.

If this was old Gaethje and Conor from maybe 3 years ago...sure Conor KOs him but its a different guy now. I'd massively favor Gaethje.
Old Tony still dropped Gaethje hard

If Conor could stuff Khabib takedowns how do you think Gaethje will do? And if he gets Conor down he wouldn’t be able to do anything with it.
Do you even watch MMA. It’s not about him doing anything with the TD. It’s the threat of the TD attempt to setup his striking.

I don’t get what’s stupid here...

Don't sweat it. Sherdog hates Conor. And the fight is only back on because Poirier tweeted out a gif of the KO finish, but this thread was created before that tweet. The fight may not be scrapped / cancelled , but Poirier will be cancelled in their third scrap. Make no mistake about.

Last edited:
The thing that's funny is Conor put on an act of being a very good sports, being respectful, having dignity.

But now lately on Twitter....

With Conor doing a master troll on Dustin, not giving him the 500k, making Dustin wait out on a guaranteed title shot, and now saying their fight is off, Conor will fight Gaethje instead. Gaethje will throw calf kicks Conor can practice avoiding but most importantly Gaethje never uses offensive wrestling and Conor is probably the superior grappler. Conor vs Gaethje for International Fight Week in Las Vegas this summer I call it here now.
Literally every single thing you said is totally wrong. So you are either trolling or your brain is severely damaged. Sorry for saying it to you straight like that.

Conor pulling out would look so bad on him. "I'm not gonna fight you because you said mean things about me." He's a lot of things but I don't think he lacks the awareness to see what a bitch move that would be. He just likes to flex his money and make Dustin feel like he needs him cause that's all he can do now. Fight is still happening and Dustin has the mental edge (already did before).

With Conor doing a master troll on Dustin, not giving him the 500k, making Dustin wait out on a guaranteed title shot, and now saying their fight is off, Conor will fight Gaethje instead. Gaethje will throw calf kicks Conor can practice avoiding but most importantly Gaethje never uses offensive wrestling and Conor is probably the superior grappler. Conor vs Gaethje for International Fight Week in Las Vegas this summer I call it here now.
CTE Conor was posting while drunk.

Do you even watch MMA. It’s not about him doing anything with the TD. It’s the threat of the TD attempt to setup his striking.
And when has Gaethje ever shot for a TD? He is a horrible MMA grappler.

Literally every single thing you said is totally wrong. So you are either trolling or your brain is severely damaged. Sorry for saying it to you straight like that.
ok educate me white belt

If he wants his leg completely torn off then yes.

Dustin was robbed in the khabib fight so it makes sense why conor is doing a 360 in terms of a magnetic response

0% chance Conor fights Gaethje.

I'm expecting Frankie Edgar, Diego Sanchez, maybe Bruce Leeroy.

Back