Predict UFC 182 Buyrate

This event would do better if the UFC wasn't already in a serious slump. The last year in particular its been like pulling teeth getting my friends who are casually interested in MMA to even talk about fights coming up. A lot of people simply tuned out.

I watched most fights in 2014 by myself.

If things were going smoother this is a hit 700k+ PPV no problem. Considering how many people stopped paying attention, I think it will be a challenge.

650k. I think it would have come close to 1 mil if it happened right after the brawl.

Jon Jones is not a HUGE draw
DC is a no name to the casuals
undercard is crap

400k but perhaps I'm just jaded.

Jon Jones is not a HUGE draw
DC is a no name to the casuals
undercard is crap
Pretty much this.

Only x factor is hype from press conference brawl, which fizzled over after the september date was scrapped.

Lol at 1 million plus.

I agree with many where I feel as though the delay and it competing with the NFL will hurt it. I say around 550K.

Around 700k

I hope for less and hope people are not stupid enough to buy into a hyped fight, yes a great fight no doubt but there is no rivalry or hate, both (mainly DC) will hug and kiss after and act like brothers, they have just milked this

500k under would be pretty poor for the ufc, I think they'll be expecting a min of around 620k

+ we will still get bumped up BS figures anyway

Umm soo? Even if you think the rivalry is fake it is two great fighters.

I hope I'm wrong but I figure around 500k. There are some pretty high numbers in this thread and I just don't think these 2 guys can do it.

With the state of MMA these days, I don't think 700K + buys is possible unless Lesnar or GSP come back. Although, Silva-Diaz will be pretty big. That might be the one exception.

I could be way off here though, maybe the elusive "casuals" are eating all this hype up.

450k, weak card except for main event. Even then Jones doesn't move massive numbers

I hope I'm wrong but I figure around 500k. There are some pretty high numbers in this thread and I just don't think these 2 guys can do it.

With the state of MMA these days, I don't think 700K + buys is possible unless Lesnar or GSP come back. Although, Silva-Diaz will be pretty big. That might be the one exception.

I could be way off here though, maybe the elusive "casuals" are eating all this hype up.

They did a million barely a year ago with Silva-Weidman II + Rousey-Tate.

This card doesn't have a stellar co-main, but the main event combines the significance of the Anderson-Chris fight with the hatred of the Rousey-Tate fight.

~ 450k , since teh UFC decided to increase the price of this PPV , and pissed many people off

500k. despite the "title fight of the 2 undefeated" and "bad blood"...PPV model is seriously on the way out and casuals mostly left the sport. the undercard is not impressive and no one knows who DC is outside of the hardcore fans.

250-500k

I think they should have stacked the card a little better.

250-500. A bit pessimistic but cant see it 'moving the needle' all that much.

I think 725k. It's been promoted well, Cormier is a challenger people think can win. The brawl prob attracted alot more casuals to also buy PPV.

Back