Predict UFC 182 Buyrate

surgeyou1

Welcome to the Machida Era...Part Deux
@Steel
Reaction score
I think it would have been higher if the fight actually happened in September but I think it will still do a decent buyrate for the current MMA climate.

Hurt by the NFL and new years overload, but still outsells anything in 2014 and Diaz/Silva with a buyrate of 725K

Yeah I think back in September with that undercard, it hits a million easy.

With this now, I don't think it hits a million but I hope it sells a lot. These two deserve it.

800-900k my guess.

It seems like they are advertising this time around. Last few I barely saw any tv commercials. I'm always seeing commercials for this card

500 to 750K....more in the higher range I see

600-800k no doubt. The UFC has built this one through all the promos and the Fox promos. MMA die hards will put this around 500k just because they know they are going to witness 2 truly special top 10 all time talents inside the cage fighting for a crown. You get the casual fans who saw the promos, googled Jon Jones UFC and all that comes up is usually p4p #1 fighter on the planet. Youngest champ in UFC history. It will peak the interest of people believing they will be watching the best in the business apply his craft. That will add anther 100-150k buys just on intrigue on the man the Ultimate Fighting Championships pimps out as the #1 p4p fighter on the planet.

450-550k. PPVs just don't sell that much anymore. 178 was hyped to hell, and in my opinion had a deeper card, but that only sold 205, so even a modest number is asking them to more than double that. Maybe I'm wrong and they'll sell ~700k. But i just don't see it.

Yeah I think back in September with that undercard, it hits a million easy.

With this now, I don't think it hits a million but I hope it sells a lot. These two deserve it.

800-900k my guess.

So you think it would have hit a million, but also still think it's still going to do upwards of 800k?

I think it does it does 550k. TOPS.

Edit: Now that i think about it, 550 is even generous. ufc 175 (Weidman vs Machida) was the best selling card of the year, and it only did 500k on 4th of july weekend. 181 got around 400k buys, and that had 2 title fights, one of which was from tuf coaches (added exposure) and a rematch of a fight of the year canditidate from earlier in that year.

I want to retract and say if it does more than 400 I'll be suprised, This card isn't stacked to the casuals eye, it has excellent fights on it, but it's not as if could see a lot of these fights headlining a fox/fs1/fightpass card.

Last edited:
UFC 175 = 500k+
UFC 181 = 375-400k

No way this doesn't beat both those. Jones and Cormier should generate a lot more buzz and with a Press Conference to sneak a few more jabs in?

They'll hit over 750 for sure. How much more remains to be seen.

Obligatory- bout tree fiddy.

Seriously though, 600k, which would be considered damn good in this day in age I think.

600-800k no doubt. The UFC has built this one through all the promos and the Fox promos. MMA die hards will put this around 500k just because they know they are going to witness 2 truly special top 10 all time talents inside the cage fighting for a crown. You get the casual fans who saw the promos, googled Jon Jones UFC and all that comes up is usually p4p #1 fighter on the planet. Youngest champ in UFC history. It will peak the interest of people believing they will be watching the best in the business apply his craft. That will add anther 100-150k buys just on intrigue on the man the Ultimate Fighting Championships pimps out as the #1 p4p fighter on the planet.

Is this real, or are you just giving us an example of how the UFC manufactures hype to get casuals excited?

So you think it would have hit a million, but also still think it's still going to do upwards of 800k?

I think it does it does 550. TOPS.
I think it easily would have yes. That one was well timed had so much buzz. Had McGregor as well for promotion. Plus this show goes against the playoffs which for that wasn't an issue.

900k may be reaching but still got a few days of promotion left. Just my guess and hope, these two deserve some high buys.

550 means you think it barely beats 175 and the hype isn't comparable.

Back