Predict this summer's box office bombs

I don't think Guardians will do as well as some of you think. I've been reading comic my whole life I don't know shit about it. Non-comic fans are are even more clueless.

Hercules will bomb. Has The Rock been in any movie other than the FF flicks that did well?

You owe me a few minutes of my life back. I'm also embarrassed to have fallen for it.

my initial thought on Guardians was "what? this will bomb" but everything marvel/disney does has been huge so i'm not sure. i do think it is a gamble.

Never heard of the Guardian of the Galaxy. Just watched the trailer. Has bomb in a nuclear scale written all over it.

Last summer you had Lone Ranger, After Earth and White House Down(which I liked). You could count RIPD too but I didnt consider that a major tentpole type release. So what will be the casualties of this summer?

#1 Jupiter Ascending - Tatum isn't a draw as an action star as WHD last summer showed. GI Joe doesnt count cuz that has a built in fan base. The Wach brothers havent had much box office success outside of the matrix. Speed Racer, Cloud Atlas all under performed.

#2 Edge of tomorrow - tom cruise is no longer a huge draw as an action star, unless its an established property like Mission Impossible. oblivion and jack reacher both underperformed and i think the trend will continue.

After these it gets harder, August releases usually aren't tent poles with high expectations, so IDK about expendables 3 or TMNT.

Guardians of the Galaxy and Hercules have my doubts about, but I'm not sure.

Good Call

Never heard of the Guardian of the Galaxy. Just watched the trailer. Has bomb in a nuclear scale written all over it.

GOTG has the Marvel machine behind it, I highly doubt it bombs

I don't think Guardians will do as well as some of you think. I've been reading comic my whole life I don't know shit about it. Non-comic fans are are even more clueless.

Hercules will bomb. Has The Rock been in any movie other than the FF flicks that did well?

He was the highest grossing actor last year...

Is it just me or does the Tom Cruise one look a lot like something done before or a mix of several done before? Minority Report and Elysium comes to mind. I see this one flopping.

TMNT will likely be a success despite their pig snouts and human lips *shudder*

Hadn't heard of GOTG, but after watching the trailer, I can definitely say that I won't be seeing this on opening weekend, probably not at all. I haven't really seen too many solid previews for big movies this summer, but we will see. I'm interested to see how Dawn of the Planet of the Apes does. I can see that not doing as nearly as well as they hope.

His only film to lose money was The Rundown which is weird because I think it's one of his bests. He just hasn't had that signature blockbuster that wasn't a franchise. His movies like Scorpion King, Faster, Gridiron Gang, Snitch, Walking Tall don't have the crazy big numbers(only in the 60-80 mil range) but they all had relatively small budgets at 20 or 30 mil so he's bankable. People always forget those series of kid movies he did made ridiculous money too.

Expendables 3. Turning it from r to pg-13 to "appeal" to a younger audience. Bad move. I'll redbox it.

are normal people suppose to know the abbreviations of unreleased features or is this a movie nerd discussion?

22 derp street, hopefully

Nah, that will be a hit. A big summer comedy following up on the totally awesome 21 Jump Street. Only way it fails is if it is really bad, like recent Adam Sandler bad... Actually, his movies still sell like crazy so maybe being being bad won't make it flop. I dunno.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes looks corny as hell.
Don't know why anyone would spend money on something that looks like a Made-for-TV movie.

I think GOTG will bomb. It's too obscure a comic book I think. I know I've never heard of them, nor am I interested in watching it.

Jupiter Ascending for sure. Terrible casting. I'm not sure how well the TMNT movie will do.

Back