Predict the outcome: How does Ngannou or Gane win?

Who wins and how?

• Francis Ngannou by Decision

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fight ends in a draw

• Fight ends in a no contest or disqualification

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

svmr_db

Silver Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thought it would be cool to have a poll with the exact method of victory on how the fight will end, I'll set the poll to lock when it becomes midnight (eastern time) we will see who ends up predicting it right! ;)

I'll put a NC or DQ as it's own option since it's incredibly unlikely that's how the fight ends. (watch it happen lol)

What I find hilarious is that Gane is fighting today for a fucking heavyweight championship, and people actually do not know if he's got a good chin or not. Seems like he found the recipe to avoid CTE

Ciryl Gane via TKO in the 4th or 5th round seems like a safe bet.

I kinda have a rule against betting real money on heavyweight MMA fights, plus with Ngannou as the underdog, it's not very profitable...

But I see Gane tiring Ngannou with GSP-like jabs and dodges, some low-kicks from his muay thai days, making Ngannou throw huge punch after huge punch.

And when he tires, flying knee, clinch+knees & elbows, and then make Fernand Lopez get on his shoulders and run around the cage with his mentor being all proud 'n shit <mma1>

Then Gane, after being asked WOW WHAT'S NEXT???? <30> says "hopefully Jon Jones if he's still serious about going to HW"

... but yeah, I've been horribly wrong so many times in the past, so I wouldn't be surprised should Ngannou brutally KO Bon Gamin in the 1st or 2nd rounds.
Those are the dangerous ones...

What I find hilarious is that Gane is fighting today for a fucking heavyweight championship, and people actually do not know if he's got a good chin or not. Seems like he found the recipe to avoid CTE
And that is exactly why he will win.
feel free to bash and make fun of me if I'm wrong and gane gets ran over
<DCrying>

I always thought Gane was going to win a UD or finish him if Ngannou gets desperate.

Gane is clearly the better striker, you see, and I can't imagine Ngannou winning a decision, so it's always wise to ride with a guy who's exceptionally defensively sound, and a superior striker, against a guy who only has the puncher's chance.

But I'm not sure. I mean Ngannou knocking him out to a shadow realm wouldn't be surprising whatsoever. Thing is, I don't think Ngannou is as bad as some people are making him out to be, you know just some kind of brawler. I'm sure he's not as technical as Gane, but he sure can move for a big guy, along with his power obviously.

Could go either way, but I don't think it will be a close fight. Gane will make Ngannou look bad or Ngannou will make Gane look bad.

Gane by lopsided unanimous decision 50-44

I was thinking possibly TKO leg kicks win for Gane, as I know Ngannou doesn't have a clue how to block or check leg kicks and will just start auto loading up, I know he will get leg kicked to death tonight.., but because there is not many leg kick finishes I will just say decision

I think Francis will come out kicking as well. I'm not sure if they will try to wrestle Gane, I don't think that would be a great idea, possible but we will have to see, but I do think Francis will kick more than usual.

Perfect outcome is if both guys are trading punches for 5 rounds.

If either guy gets kod early on it won't be as satisfying to me

There should be an "All of the above" option cause I have no idea :D

I think the most likely outcome is Ngannou KO, followed by Gane decision, Gane TKO and then Ngannou TKO.

However, I think there's a real chance it could end by submission. If it somehow goes to the mat I could see Gane going for a sub. Even Ngannou has some submissions on his record.

Gane by UD. Don't think he gets the finish. Ngannou is a lot more durable and has more heart than salaryman Lewis. He is also too dangerous for Gane to go all in with a finishing move. Gane will play it safe.

2nd most likely outcome is ofc Ngannou by KO. I keep seeing this ludicrous idea that Ngannou will use offensive wrestling. Forget it, he won't even try because he would burn all his fuel in one minute.

Fight won't hit the ground imo though Gane might attempt a few TDs but Ngannou is too strong.

Last edited:
Back