Predict each PFL tournament winner

ZafroTexas

Sideburns Sodamizer
@Green
Reaction score
Who do you think we be in the finals for each weight class in the PFL tournament? I had to open a different broswer to see the roster.

HW- Rosholt vs Tiller
Basing this off of one fight Ive seen from Tiller, Rosholt decisions everybody to win

LHW- Yusupov vs Halsey
Really hoping Halsey can turn it around I used to think he was going to be great, anyway I’m picking Rashid Yusupov to win it all

MW- Gamzatov vs Sy
Basing this on highlights I saw from Sy and Gamzatov’s 11 and 0 record, never seen either fight. Picking Gamzatov to win it all.

WW- Nurmagomedov vs Sheilds
Shields wins it all by blanket

LW- Brooks vs Magomedov
Think Brooks will turn it around and take it all

FW- Harrison vs Palmer
Harrison beats Palmer again takes his check and signs with the UFC, PFL won’t match because he doesn’t finish

What say you?

FW- Harrison vs Palmer
Harrison beats Palmer again takes his check and signs with the UFC, PFL won’t match because he doesn’t finish

I would concur. I guess Timur would be the X-factor within that division. But he didn't have a very inspiring performance against Coga of all people, and it's hard to see how he would handle real powerhouse wrestlers like Palmer and Harrison.

Palmer's counter-wrestling looked damn good vs Magomedov though.

LW- Brooks vs Magomedov
Think Brooks will turn it around and take it all

I'll say that Rashid takes that one. That boy is just to good at racking up points with his karate hijinks and seems proficient enough to avoid getting taken down. Brooks is also somewhat of an unknown quantity considering his UFC run. I guess Islam is the dark horse of the division, but I'm not sure he has the kind of activity and precision to outpoint Rashid, or the pressure to make Brooks wilt. I guess Brian Foster could upset someone as well... as he usually does.

WW- Nurmagomedov vs Sheilds
Shields wins it all by blanket

After Sheilds vs Fitch, I don't thrust Sheilds ability to handle other grinders anymore. He has a big problem with people that can outmuscle him (Fitch, Lombard, Paul Harris). Plus, the dude is getting old. I'm having Nurmi in this one.

MW- Gamzatov vs Sy
Basing this on highlights I saw from Sy and Gamzatov’s 11 and 0 record, never seen either fight. Picking Gamzatov to win it all.

Eh... Gamzatov went to a split decision vs Rodney Wallance in his last fight. That's really not very impressive, at all. And Sy's opponents doesn't look very good either.

MW seems pretty weak... actually. It's easily the one that is most up-in-the-air.

Part of me wants to say Bruno Santos just decisioning everybody in really boring bouts since he is the most known quantity.

Louis Taylor managed to go almost 5 rounds with David Branch. That's fairly impressive. Then you have guys like Abus and Anderson who look like fairly decent prospects but also have a lot of question marks about them.

LHW- Yusupov vs Halsey
Really hoping Halsey can turn it around I used to think he was going to be great, anyway I’m picking Rashid Yusupov to win it all

If Halsey gets his shit together he can be a real force. I'm not sure that'll happen though (he has a good chance against Rama though who is his first oppoent, who has problem with wrestlers). I think Yusupov is a pretty big favorite in this division (he certainly has the most auspicious record). I'm thinking Yusupov vs Maxim in the finals.

HW- Rosholt vs Tiller
Basing this off of one fight Ive seen from Tiller, Rosholt decisions everybody to win

Yeah I'm thinking Rosholt via decision as well. He doesn't like getting punched in the face though. Wouldn't be suprised to see an upset.

Thanks only other guy that is interested in PFL. Stong cases here we seem to be in the same page for the most part. You’re right MW is weak, but who knows maybe some unknown fighter thrashes everyone.

I bet next year they recruit some top tier talent.

Thanks only other guy that is interested in PFL. Stong cases here we seem to be in the same page for the most part. You’re right MW is weak, but who knows maybe some unknown fighter thrashes everyone.

I bet next year they recruit some top tier talent.
I'm sure when the million dollar checks clear, talent will line up

I'm wondering if Shawn Jordan will get another chance at PFL 4. He can still 1st round KO someone and get into the playoffs. I think he could win it.

FW
Going with my boy Malegarie, there are other really good contenders like Andre, Palmer and Valiev

LW
Rashid by UD over all this guys, maybe if Brooks recovers Bellator level hecan be taken as a contender to

WW
I really like Nurmagomedov here, there are other serious contenders like Shields and Story

MW
Mmmmm... I don't really know....

LHW
Going with Halsey, maybe Lins can be a dark horse here

HW
Rosholt by being boring AF, maybe Nicholson can be a dark horse here, also Tiller looked legit AF last Thursday

Can someone explain to me why Andre Harrison is fighting Rex Harris at PFL 3? Rex isn't even in the mix, is he?

Can someone explain to me why Andre Harrison is fighting Rex Harris at PFL 3?
I'll give it a shot.

What I think happened is you read Andre Lobato vs. Rex Harris at PFL 3, and then your brain started pulling tricks on you, eliminating the words Lobato and Rex, and instead focusing on the two words that would spell out the more popular fighter you've had in mind recently, Andre Harrison.

Let me give you a visual representation.

Andre Lobato vs. Rex Harris
Andre Harris
+ on
= Andre Harrison

Last edited:
Featherweight: The whole division looks like a boring win for Andre Harrison. Maybe he'll fight Valiev for the Decision Championship.

Lightweight: I think Rashid Magomedov pulls it off. However, I'll wait and see how Firmino and Brooks look against each other next week. If this was 2 years ago, I would have said Brooks, easy. Will Bellator-Brooks return? Who knows?

Welterweight: Nurmagomedov by being 10 years younger than Shake Jields. During his WSOF career, Nurmagomedov didn't look at all beatable, though that could be because of selective matchmaking. Rick Story is the dark horse. Probably the highest potential for boringness. There were a lot of very boring fights at Welterweight and Bantamweight back in the old WSOF days.

Middleweight: This is probably the weakest PFL division, but also the one with the most uncertainty. Gamzatov is overrated, IMO. I think he should have stayed at LHW for the season. I could see Louis Taylor finishing everybody. I could also see Bruno Santos decisioning his way to 1 Mil. John Howard could win out of nowhere. It's like Bellator MW in 2014-15. For some odd reason, this division interests me the most.

Light-Heavyweight: Brandon Halsey will be my pick. He has a tailor-made match-up against Rama next week. Rama got layed on by Markes. Markes could also win it.

Heavyweight: Kevin Tiller because I just can't bring myself to saying Jared Rosholt/

I'll give it a shot.

What I think happened is you read Andre Lobato vs. Rex Harris at PFL 3, and then your brain started pulling tricks on you. It quickly eliminated the words Lobato and Rex and instead focused on the words that would create the more popular fighter you've had in mind recently, Andre Harrison.

Let me give you a visual representation.

Andre Harris
+ on
= Andre Harrison

Ah, I didn't think that was right. But I think the website admin messed because it definitely says Rex Harris vs Andre Harrison on pflmma.com

upload_2018-6-13_6-54-14.png

I'm sure when the million dollar checks clear, talent will line up

I don't think they will last more then a season last week's event did around 115,000 views......OUCH.

Don't see how they make a single penny and with no one watching the events what's the point of shelling out 10mill plus?

I watched the last show it was pretty good but this format isn't sustainable and no one seems to care to watch even with millions on the line.

Mma viewers are low across the board but it's much more pronounced in the smaller shows.Even WSOF had decent ratings the first year or two but that was a couple years ago in a much less saturated market.

HW: Rosholt
LHW: Yusupov
MW: Gamzatov
WW: Shields
LW: Brooks
FW: Harrison

I don't think they will last more then a season last week's event did around 115,000 views......OUCH.

Enjoy it while it lasts I guess. It's a shame cause I feel like it could have been a great yearly tradition.

Don't see how they make a single penny and with no one watching the events what's the point of shelling out 10mill plus?

I watched the last show it was pretty good but this format isn't sustainable and no one seems to care to watch even with millions on the line.

Mma viewers are low across the board but it's much more pronounced in the smaller shows.Even WSOF had decent ratings the first year or two but that was a couple years ago in a much less saturated market.
Ya they need a bigger platform most people don’t even know about NBC Sports or whatever. Interesting concept but the markets not ready to be flooded with content. Maybe a couple big name signings next year boost viewership.

Ya they need a bigger platform most people don’t even know about NBC Sports or whatever. Interesting concept but the markets not ready to be flooded with content. Maybe a couple big name signings next year boost viewership.
Who does really boost viewership though ? Look at the the numbers the the ufc does, even with stacked cards, people are just growing out of MMA.

Who does really boost viewership though ? Look at the the numbers the the ufc does, even with stacked cards, people are just growing out of MMA.
NBA playoff ratings down.
NFL regular season ratings down 10%.

People just don't watch cable television anymore. Especially those growing up with netflix.

We need a way to quantify online views.

NBA playoff ratings down.
NFL regular season ratings down 10%.

People just don't watch cable television anymore. Especially those growing up with netflix.

We need a way to quantify online views.
This might be part of it, but i am still watching NBA, have hard time getting excited for UFC events when a few years back they couldn't come soon enough

This might be part of it, but i am still watching NBA, have hard time getting excited for UFC events when a few years back they couldn't come soon enough
Yeah UFC's definitely had a rough time, but there is indeed TV ratings panic from just about everyone. Your question is still good though. If not Conor, GSP, or Brock, who can a company like PFL realistically bring in to make the ratings jump?

I don't think PFL knows the answer to this, so their thought process was to not focus on individual stars, and instead make the entire concept enticing.

Last edited:
Yeah UFC's definitely had a rough time, but there is indeed TV ratings panic from just about everyone. Your question is still good though. If not Conor, GSP, or Brock, who can a company like PFL realistically bring in to make the ratings jump?

I don't think PFL knows the answer to this, so their thought process was to not focus on individual stars, and instead make the entire concept enticing - get people hooked leading up to the playoffs.
That's what i mean, Bellator tried bringing Rory, mousasi, rampage etc and that didn't really work. The only ones who draw a bit are Chael and Fedor. But that's a poor ROI.

The idea of changing the concept and making it as a season and play offs is interesting but even if it works (which with injuries and such aren't a forgone conclusion) doesn't seem to get people interested.

Someone like the Diaz brothers, doesn’t seem impossible at this point.

Back