Pre-workout powder Experiences

OlyLowLife**

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'm using this stuff called JACK3D right now and Id say it works fairly well. Gives me the energy to push out the heavy reps but its the after affects that are starting to make me reconsider ever touching this stuff again.

Problems:
1.After the workout I'm a hopped up crazy man for the next 4 hours or so. If someone said dude, there's illegal substances in that stuff I wouldn't be surprised at all. I'm not sure what ingredient that's in it that makes me feel like I'm the fucking Hulk but damnn. I would defiantly recommend taking a scoop be4 a fight if anything.

2. Sex drive is completely gone. I mean nothing. I forget why women are even needed when Im on that shit. Then after about 3 days without taking it, I awake back to the vagina slave I started off as. I literally stopped taking this stuff because my gf was like WTF, why dont you wanna fuck me.

Similar stories? Or am I alone in this?

jack3d, 1mr, no ignite yes, they are indeed drugs...
actually they make coke seem mild, yes mild, and that
is in no way an exaggeration.

jack3d been reformulated you should have tried the
original version...crazy

Some have adderall metabolites (1mr) and others will pop
you for amphetamines on a urinalysis (old jack and no ignite)

i was on the same stuff, i didnt like it at all. i mean it worked, i would be able push through my workouts way better than i could without it but it says to take it about 30 minutes before and that was too soon for me so i took it an hour ebfore and it still made my stomach feel like shit. another thing, this could be just me, i kinda had reactions to it. my scalp would get itchy and my skin would get really hot, i felt like a crackhead or something. not sure about the sex drive thing though, dont remember, i never used it for long periods of time. it was just once here or there, my container is pretty much full.

All I ever did was take 40 grams of whey protein 3 times a day when I was in my heavy lifting period.

I went from 170 to 190 in about 6 months from doing it. Don't know why you would ever want any of that other crap that is out there.

i was on the same stuff, i didnt like it at all. i mean it worked, i would be able push through my workouts way better than i could without it but it says to take it about 30 minutes before and that was too soon for me so i took it an hour ebfore and it still made my stomach feel like shit. another thing, this could be just me, i kinda had reactions to it. my scalp would get itchy and my skin would get really hot, i felt like a crackhead or something. not sure about the sex drive thing though, dont remember, i never used it for long periods of time. it was just once here or there, my container is pretty much full.

Yeah my sister took some for whatever reason and said it just made her really itchy and feel weird lol Im definitely done with that crap tho

The beta alanine is what causes the tingling/prickling.

It has caffeine, which would account for the increased body temperature.

I've tried 1,3 dimethylamylamine (geranium oil) and found that it was a pretty strong stimulant, especially taken with caffeine, but the burnout was awful.

Last edited:
I honestly can't stand or understand how the fuck shit like this sells. But I will admit I bought into the hype.

I think the last garbage I bought was No-xplode, complete fucking trash. If I wanted to feel like shit before I work out I could stay up 3 days and have the same effect. I just don't get why you would wanna feel so hyped up before a workout.

For me I'd rather have something that calms me more so I can be more in tune with my muscles. I used to smoke before I worked out, was some of the most intense workouts I've ever had because of how focused I was.

Do they make anything that doesn't make you feel like a fucking rabbit and actually help you concentrate?

first stuff i bought was MuscleTech NaNO vapor....worked once (mildly) but was complete garbage and didnt really do anything.

i got a sample of a controlled labs white flood or purple wraath whichever one is the preworkout stuff. and that stuff had my heart racing and was good for the workout but right after i was done my legs itched like a motherfucker. Every movement/twitch/breeze just made them itch like there was no tomorrow it was awful

Currently I use MRI black power and it works fantastically no complaints yet.

i like using jack3d.. i work nights and ive been taking summer classes.. So i'll work till 7am.. go home.. take jack3d and lift for a few hours and then when i go to class im not falling asleep

So i'll work till 7am.. go home.. take jack3d and lift for a few hours and then when i go to class im not falling asleep

Seriously? That's insane. If your body isn't going to adapt after the workout of the first hour, I'm not sure what you think you'll get out of the second or third hours...

Seriously? That's insane. If your body isn't going to adapt after the workout of the first hour, I'm not sure what you think you'll get out of the second or third hours...

haters-gonna-hate.jpg

I have been cycling on and off pre-workout supps for the past few years. It's the best way to do it if you're going to, because your body definitely get's used to/partially addicted to having that before a workout, and it gradually becomes less effective.

I started out using Blackpowder, which had a decent taste. I believe it does have creatine which I feel helps before a workout, but damn I had to drink twice as much water during the workouts to keep hydrated.

After cycling off blackpowder, my buddy told me about Dark Rage. The shit is absolutely ridiculous in every sense of the word. Not only does it literally make you feel like you're on crack cocaine and meth at the same time, but it also makes you want to throw up while drinking it, and during the first 20-30 minutes of your workout.

I basically have a full tub of it left because I just could no longer stand having to brush my teeth after drinking it to get the taste out of my mouth, and feeling like throwing up during a workout hurt me more than the insane rage feeling helped.

Preworkouts are a love hate relationship.

I have been cycling on and off pre-workout supps for the past few years. It's the best way to do it if you're going to, because your body definitely get's used to/partially addicted to having that before a workout, and it gradually becomes less effective.

I started out using Blackpowder, which had a decent taste. I believe it does have creatine which I feel helps before a workout, but damn I had to drink twice as much water during the workouts to keep hydrated.

After cycling off blackpowder, my buddy told me about Dark Rage. The shit is absolutely ridiculous in every sense of the word. Not only does it literally make you feel like you're on crack cocaine and meth at the same time, but it also makes you want to throw up while drinking it, and during the first 20-30 minutes of your workout.

I basically have a full tub of it left because I just could no longer stand having to brush my teeth after drinking it to get the taste out of my mouth, and feeling like throwing up during a workout hurt me more than the insane rage feeling helped.

Preworkouts are a love hate relationship.

I agree. I love feeling like a fucking wack job when Im on it yet I dislike not being able to use my cock on my girl sooo definitely a love hate thing lol

I agree. I love feeling like a fucking wack job when Im on it yet I dislike not being able to use my cock on my girl sooo definitely a love hate thing lol

I don't really understand where the lack of sex drive would come from lul.

I don't really understand where the lack of sex drive would come from lul.

Me either but it happens. Ive checked in some other forums about that problem 2 and alot ppl agreed it lowered there sex drive tremendously as well so idk its a very good question.

Oat protein smoothie with instant coffee granules for flavor & gogo works for me.

I take L-Arginine in free-form (non-capsule) about 30 minutes prior to workout. Gives me good energy and its good for you. Tastes horrible though

I take L-Arginine in free-form (non-capsule) about 30 minutes prior to workout. Gives me good energy and its good for you. Tastes horrible though

Uh-oh, here come the "regulars"...

picard-facepalm.jpg

Am I a "regular" now? Sorry, I stole your thunder, Immovablestone.

Just so you know, arginine is a bad word around here. Whatever works for you...

so i deduce that you dont take arginine and would even further venture to guess that you have nothing to contribute to this discussion

so i deduce that you dont take arginine and would even further venture to guess that you have nothing to contribute to this discussion

I wasn't making fun of you. I was just getting a dig on the so called "regulars". Usually when someone mentions arginine or nitric oxide in this forum it's responded to with the face palm, "GTFO!", "STFU" "Go back to where you belong, outsider". Actually, all that should be put in a sticky and then a regular can just tell them to "Read the fucking stickies".

I say go for it, if it works for you.

I have tried arginine in the past. Now, I usually use something BCAA based or just take BCAA's and some caffeine.

Back