Pre TJ Barao vs Pre TJ Cody

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
Who wins? TJ really messed up both of them.

083_eddie_wineland_vs_renan_barao.0.jpg

20160529093108_GettyImages535687244.JPG

Have to think Cody takes it if he fights at the level he did against Cruz.

It's hard to tell, really.
Both of them got annihilated to the degree that they are no longer the same fighters.
We still haven't seen much of Cody ever since but that's what I assume.

Both of them got annihilated to the degree that they are no longer the same fighters.
Barao took two legendary asswhoopings. Cody, while he did get knocked out, suffered no where near the amount of damage that barao did.

Barao lasted more so I'll go with him.

Cody still looks good up until he gets caught. Barao was dominated start to finish.

Barao just because he was so versatile and had so many tools. Man the way he took Pickett's back still impresses me to this day

so we've gone from "Prime" to "Pre-fight" shitty analysis? How about pre-school Cody vs pre-school Barao?

not really, Cody nearly finished TJ in the first fight and hurt him in the 2nd.

Barao did nothing but get his ass kicked in both fights vs TJ.

Barao had his moments in rd 2 (in their first clash) as far as I remember.
I mean as one sided as it was, Barao just got gamed. He was in a very good condition and was willing to win, but TJ was technically on a whole other level.
Cody packs a lot of power, but he also got outclassed. by a large margin.

It'd be a close fight...by that I mean out of 10 times....5 a piece is arguable, or 6 to 4 Barao either way.

Barao's weight cuts became really hard and though his chin was good even against Dillashaw...his body just couldn't take it anymore after a comical number of clean blows to the head.

He could take shots better than Cody Garbrandt though.

Who wins? TJ really messed up both of them.

083_eddie_wineland_vs_renan_barao.0.jpg

by the way...that stoppage against Eddie Wineland was a disgrace!

Eddie still had time to defend but the ref didn't even try to see what he was doing.

Barao had his moments in rd 2 (in their first clash) as far as I remember.
I mean as one sided as it was, Barao just got gamed. He was in a very good condition and was willing to win, but TJ was technically on a whole other level.
Cody packs a lot of power, but he also got outclassed. by a large margin.

how did he get outclassed by a large margin? the mistakes Barao needs to correct are MASSIVE compared to what Cody has to correct.

Cody just needs to play his same style, but be more patient and don't overextend himself when he hurts him.

Barao needs to revamp his entire game, from his stance, to his footwork to his head movement and defense in order to beat TJ.

like i said, Barao was willing to win but he doesn't have the tools to get to TJ, while Cody had several chances to close the show vs TJ.

Back