Pre-Reebok: Bigfoot gets a $126K car from outside sponsor. Reebok: Bigfoot gets $5K.

Oh well, I guess time for me to go dislike some more vids on youtube

Inserted some responses to the corporate shills above.

but but the locker room bonuses? I am sure DW makes sure fighters are being well. he is such a selfless individual!

Just rewatched the fight against Reem. I may be wrong but he doesn't have that sponsor on his fight shorts nor his banner. Sooo...technically he could still get a sweet new car from that sponsor. No reason for them to bail on Big Foot if they are not a part of his fight gear/banner sponsors.

well atleast he is getting free Reebok sneakers... according to Dana that is.

so we want more of this?

gotcha.....

Weidman and Iquinta either lost a bet and had to do this or got paid a fuck load of money for this.

Altough thinking about it now, it's nowhere near the top 5 p4p hilarious random commercial with a pro fighter.

[YT]bcwSRi43MRE[/YT]
[YT]L63QrJmaOmY[/YT]

Maybe if they paid their fighters more money then the reebok complaints would die down. I mean seriously some fighters only get like 10k-15k to show up and fight? That's sooooo terrible.

A few things Inwant to say about this but first I want to put in the proviso that I think the top fighters should be getting paid more.

I don't know about your experiences as a kid but mine were that you took up whichever sport or hobby you were interested in and you enjoyed. At no point when I was a kid did I think- "Hold on....rugby is an amateur sport which doesn't pay and football(soccer) pays a mint. Fuck this rugby shit I'm footballing all day!"

That doesn't matter shit, what really matters was that I enjoyed playin rugby and I wanted to play it more. The same goes for every single sport. Some of which are still amateur today and continue to attract kids.

2. Making the issue of participation in a sport all about money is a bit of a narrow minded (i.e. retarded) way to think about it. Basically what you're saying is that until MMA pays the highest amount of money of all sports, something they will never do, then it will never attract top athletes?! Well, shit, we might as well pack in then because we're never going to get the top athletes.

3. You stated that top athletes like Bones Jones etc would not come to MMA because the money is better elsewhere. Guess what? The money in MMA is a fuck load better now than it was when Bones was in his impressionable youth and he's still fighting teh UFC!

In short, I agree that top fighters should get paid more. By that's because I think they earn it. The sponsors are investing in the sport because of the hard work that the fighters are doing to entertain us fans. Sure, the company deserve's a cut because they're working damn hard too but, presently, the fighters cut appears to be too small and the company's too large.

This is the only real argument in favour of higher fighter pay that I can think exists. All the others are just over-emotive rants or logic fails.

To be honest MMA will never ever attract the top dollar because the majority of the market isn't interested in fighting. It isn't in most peoples nature to watch fights. WMMA even more so

We want the best athletes to be able to dedicate their lives to MMA. I don't want to see part-time fighters (Carwin) and a former accountant who've been training for 4 years (Correia) challenge for the title again.

A few things Inwant to say about this but first I want to put in the proviso that I think the top fighters should be getting paid more.

I don't know about your experiences as a kid but mine were that you took up whichever sport or hobby you were interested in and you enjoyed. At no point when I was a kid did I think- "Hold on....rugby is an amateur sport which doesn't pay and football(soccer) pays a mint. Fuck this rugby shit I'm footballing all day!"

That doesn't matter shit, what really matters was that I enjoyed playin rugby and I wanted to play it more. The same goes for every single sport. Some of which are still amateur today and continue to attract kids.

2. Making the issue of participation in a sport all about money is a bit of a narrow minded (i.e. retarded) way to think about it. Basically what you're saying is that until MMA pays the highest amount of money of all sports, something they will never do, then it will never attract top athletes?! Well, shit, we might as well pack in then because we're never going to get the top athletes.

3. You stated that top athletes like Bones Jones etc would not come to MMA because the money is better elsewhere. Guess what? The money in MMA is a fuck load better now than it was when Bones was in his impressionable youth and he's still fighting teh UFC!

In short, I agree that top fighters should get paid more. By that's because I think they earn it. The sponsors are investing in the sport because of the hard work that the fighters are doing to entertain us fans. Sure, the company deserve's a cut because they're working damn hard too but, presently, the fighters cut appears to be too small and the company's too large.

This is the only real argument in favour of higher fighter pay that I can think exists. All the others are just over-emotive rants or logic fails.

That is some privilege talking. People do pick sports to play professionally based on the amount of money they would make- Professionally, not as a hobby.

Obviously the reebok deal sucks for the fighters, but it doesn't really bother me. "Attracting the best athletes" is a silly argument that is used often. What other sport are women and guys under 170 lbs going to do instead? For the average fighter, pay is never going to rival other major sports and the reebok deal isn't going to prevent guys with no other options from doing it anyway.

Before the reebok deal, this forum was full of guys complaining how little fighters get paid and now it's about how reebok ruined the great deal these guys had before. We already knew promoters, and most bosses in general, are pretty greedy and take advantage of employees, but that isn't what is preventing more guys from doing it.

Soccer. A lot of the best paid atheletes are in soccer and are tiny. The best player in the world right now is 165cm (Messi).

Also Tennis, Skiing (world best ist 164cm) (yeah, even in such a tiny ass sport athletes make more than in the UFC - even no the best ones), so probably all sports not named NFL and Basketball (if you leave volleyball out). :)

I've been watching UFC since day one, and nothing has left a bad taste in my mouth as this has. It isn't much as an individual, but if all mma fans simply stopped buying Reebok apparel maybe they would reconsider their business move.

We should kill that dana guy

Only women and children play soccer in the U.S.

Lol your trolling, im american and even i can tell u futbol is growing in the states...

Mls is basically taking the bellator route.... mls teams buy past their prime legends... and its working..

Thierry henry, kaka, andrea pirlo, david villa, david beckham just to name a few...

That is some privilege talking. People do pick sports to play professionally based on the amount of money they would make- Professionally, not as a hobby.

Privilege? How so?

My kind of point is, people don't pick sports to play professionally do they?

They play a sport when they're kids as a hobby because they like it. When they're older, and if they're good enough, they make a decision (an easy decision in the case of some sports, not so easy in others) to turn professional. Believe it or not, many top athletes still compete in sports which are fully amateur. They made the decision to do this sport from a very young age and I'm pretty sure their future earning capabilities were, usually, not a factor.

Back