Pre-Post breakfast workout.

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by MmaShadow, Jul 11, 2010.

1. MmaShadow

MmaShadow White Belt

Hey,
    it's summervacation and I've got 7 weeks of free time with absolutely nothing planned.
    So I want to start to get in shape and maybe join an mma gym or taekwondo or whatever after the holidays.
    I was wondering what would be better. Wake up at let's say ..9 in the morning , work out and then eat breakfast. Or wake up at 9, eat breakfast and work out at 11.

The work-out will contain running, lat pulldowns, tricep pulldowns/burpees/bicep curls/pull ups/ rowing machine/bike whatever...

2. Gelocoster

Gelocoster White Belt

b4 breakfast will be fat burn as hell..but wont help ur muscles if like in the middle of the day

3. big_john127

big_john127 Profess¡onal Lurker

If you are going to be doing a conditioning type workout, which yours appear to be, you will get "cut" faster if you do it without eating first.

I don't think this is what you need to be doing. I can almost guarantee that you need to gain weight at this point in your life. Here is what I think you should do with your summer.

1. Read the FAQ and start doing one of the programs therein.
    2. Read Carnal's treatise.
    3. Eat like a horse.
    4. Seriously, eat as much as you can.
    5. Work on getting stronger, being fit is easy so long as you have a good foundation.

4. MmaShadow

MmaShadow White Belt

- big_john127 If you are going to be doing a conditioning type workout, which yours appear to be, you will get "cut" faster if you do it without eating first.

I don't think this is what you need to be doing. I can almost guarantee that you need to gain weight at this point in your life. Here is what I think you should do with your summer.

1. Read the FAQ and start doing one of the programs therein.
    2. Read Carnal's treatise.
    3. Eat like a horse.
    4. Seriously, eat as much as you can.
    5. Work on getting stronger, being fit is easy so long as you have a good foundation.
    -

Thank's for this advice, means alot.
    As far for eating like a horse, this doesnt mean potato chips now does it?:D
    As for base foundation. I've been doing parkour for a year now with some serious body weight training. I would like to lose say 6 pounds of fat and gain muscle, ive got a bit of fat now, not alot though. Looking to increase condition/stamina as well/. I weigh 74 Kilos/148 pounds now, just turned 17 last monday and am 178 Cm tall.
    And when eating alot, should I try to burn alot of the calories eaten, or really focus on strength?
    I will look into the faq for plans, thanks.

5. Gelocoster

Gelocoster White Belt

EXACTLY! i agree with u .but not in one thing..he shud eat all he can and he want but must be something healthy..like dont ice cream 5 times a day

6. MmaShadow

MmaShadow White Belt

posted something before gelcostar if ur interested:p
    And I cant seem to find the plans:O

7. Gelocoster

Gelocoster White Belt

i can help you with some parts workouts..but not legs..because i my self need one for legs :p

8. MmaShadow

MmaShadow White Belt

Would be grateful. Maybe we can talk on msn for easier communication?

9. Gelocoster

Gelocoster White Belt

sure.gimme your msn and ama add u

10. MmaShadow

MmaShadow White Belt

Deleted..

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  11. Gelocoster

Gelocoster White Belt

i added u,and incase u didnt get my invitation add b-boy.aries(at)hotmail.com

12. NickNack

NickNack Orange Belt

what the hell happened in here?
    Before anyone gives any advice you two need to read the FAQ.

13. Gelocoster

Gelocoster White Belt

i read the FAQ already

14. MmaShadow

MmaShadow White Belt

So have I.

15. MmaShadow

MmaShadow White Belt

We've just added to msn just to talk ideas and stuff.

16. big_john127

Happy birthday, and bad ass to the parkour.

Looking at your numbers you can definitely stand to gain weight. Ideally you will keep your activity levels high, but to gain mass you need to be taking in more calories then you are burning. Body weight exercises are great for doing bw stuff. I certainly won't tell you that the only proper way to train is to do heavy weights. I can tell you that to be stronger you need to add resistance to your workouts.

Right now is a great opportunity for you to lay a foundation for the rest of your life. You can keep at the bw-parkour stuff and I think that eventually you will hit a limit on how much more bw stuff you can do. You can also start doing the 5x5 or another workout out of the faq and you will get bigger and stronger.

I certainly can't tell you what your goals should be, but I think you can easily gain weight and be better at parkour and mma etc. without losing anything.

Good luck with your summer.

Agreed. Although I suspect our definitions of healthy might differ. Obviously 2 gallons of ice cream a day is a bad idea, but the diet suggested by Dave Tate sounds perfect to me:

17. big_john127

Both of you, the PM function is here for a reason. You may not care that your e-mail or chat name or whatever is floating around online, but it's a really bad idea.

18. MmaShadow

MmaShadow White Belt

How bout, I go running each day. On workout days after breakfast before workout.
    And on non workout days - tuesday - thursday - saturday I will run before breakfast and take the rest of the day off.

19. big_john127

It's what I've done to cut down to 245.

20. MmaShadow

MmaShadow White Belt

Hmmm, after summer vacation I am 99% sure I will get back on Kempo Karate. I had yellow/orange belt but quit when I was 10 or 11.

Then we'll see how far I get.