Pre-illness Brock vs Bigfoot, Carwin vs Cain, JDS vs Reem

Im surprised Cain vs Carwin never happened. They came on the scene right around the same time and were both undefeated.

Same reason JDS and Cain didn't fight sooner and JDS didn't fight Carwin until after his title shot. HW isn't a division you can knock off contenders in. Gotta keep them coming up separate due to the lack of depth.

Also, Cain beats Carwin, JDS destroys Overeem, Bigfoot handles Brock.

Damn sad these fights never happen.

Brock a beast vs Bigfoot a beast.
Carwin a monster vs Cain a monster.
JDS KO artist vs Reem the destroyer.

Seriously, these were some of the monster matchup fights at HW that I think would be awesome to watch but never happened.

I know Reem is fighting Mir next, I think Reem will finish Mir easily.
Reem was out of juice but he's still a dangerous guy for anyone to fight.
Yeah he got KO by Bigfoot and TKO by Browne which was just a stupid stoppage, but Reem owned Bigfoot and Browne easily although he lost to them both LOL.

If Reem finish Mir, I hope Reem get a title shot, I don't care what people say at all. Reem may lost to Bigfoot and Browne, who care, if JDS beat Cain or Cain beat JDS at UFC 166, I hope if Reem beat Mir, he get to fight JDS for the awesome fight striker vs striker or Reem vs Cain awesome title fight that will sell tton of PPV and we can see Reem get his ass maul by Cain or see Reem finish Cain by TKO.

Brock
Carwin
JDS

Brock beats bigfoot all day pre illness or not

1. A top 10-ish fighter Overeem has a shitload of experience. During his strikeforce/japan days he didn't fight anyone 'worthy' . Even though there were enough challenges out there for him (bigfoot). Maybe I should have said 'real contender' instead of real fighter

He beat Werdum, right after Werdum subbed Fedor.

2. No. Dominating??? really??? I'll gave him the browne fight. He was dominating him for like 30 seconds, but he couldn't finish him. For a 'destroyer', he sure doesn't know how to 'destroy' people

Yep. Dominating. He was totally dominating Browne, and he was doing the same to bigfoot.

He beat Werdum, right after Werdum subbed Fedor.

Yep. Dominating. He was totally dominating Browne, and he was doing the same to bigfoot.

Thanks for making my point. As soon as competition got better he had problems 'destroying' them. He barely beat werdum. IMO werdum won, but at the end of the day overeem got the W. Like I said, the reem is not a 'destroyer'.

and please stop with the dominating stuff...you're embarassing yourself

bigfoot-knockout-overeem1.gif

3.gif

Cheers, mate

Brock would curl up after Bigfoot landed a few.

He would take him down and obliterate him pretty fast

Bigfoot is chinny as fuck and Brocks GnP is not what you would call average.

You forgot a bigger fight: pre-illness Brock v Fedor, that shit would have been huge (and I would have had Fedor by TKO FWIW).

i was really anticipating the reem vs jds title fight but damn reem lost his chance on that one,,

He would take him down and obliterate him pretty fast

Bigfoot is chinny as fuck and Brocks GnP is not what you would call average.

yeah just like he did to Overeem

Brock/Bigfoot would be the most competitive one out of those three. If Bigfoot could land a shot on Brock early, I could see Brock getting TKO'd. Brock also had the ability to take Bigfoot down, keep him down, and possibly finish him with GNP.

I'd favor Cain to beat Carwin 9 times out of 10. Carwin only has a puncher's chance. Cain would probably finish him in the 2nd round.

As for Reem/JDS, as much as I like Reem and do think his offensive striking is some of the best in MMA, his poor defense and questionable chin would cost him this fight. His best bet would be to try to take JDS down. I do think Reem has the ability to get JDS down, but I'm not sure if he would be able to keep JDS down long enough to get some good GNP going.

Pre-illness brocks beats all 5 other fighters 9/10 times.

Bigfoot most likely destroys Lesnar.

He's on another level standing, has the TDD to keep it standing and guard to keep himself protected if it hits the ground.

Lesnar couldn't control Randy, Carwin (before he gassed), was even having a little trouble taking down Mir before his double knee attempt. I don't see him doing it to Bigfoot at all, who seems to have equal or better conditioning.

I believe brock would tko Bigfoot.watching Cain vs brock,if brock took his time after the first takedown and be methodical about it,he would have hold Cain down easily.but as jds stated,brock fount like a truck without a driver.he bull rushed it and gassed and Cain made him look silly in striking department.

I'd see Brock beating Bigfoot. Bigfoot seems ploddy, and slow. He has great power, but I just see Brock taking him down and finishing him.

Cain vs. Carwin is much of the same. Cain should be careful in the clinch and of course standing. But Carwin's gas tank was never great, and as such he could get taken down rather easily after the first.

Cain's cardio and speed would have been the story of this fight.

I thought JDS vs. Overeem could have be an amazing match up too, until Overeem started getting knocked out. After that, the aura was gone (and the horse meat), and all the *****s in his armor exposed.

JDS' gas tank isn't amazing, but it is leagues ahead of Overeem's. Plus, his chin is on a different level compared to Reem's.

I thought the story would have been JDS' punches against Reem's kicks. But it became evident just about anything JDS threw would have put Reem into lala land.

I could see JDS marching in there and hitting Reem with one of those huge over hand rights he likes to throw.

At best, Reem and he would have had it out for about three minutes, maybe a full round if Overeem used his movement.

After that, he gasses and JDS demolishes.

Thinking about this makes me realize how butt hurt I am Carwin retired. He definitely had some areas for improvement. But he was fun to watch, and could have been a really good gate keeper.

Plus, I would have love to see him and Nelson, Reem, Bigfoot, or even Browne, throw down.

I think he could have beaten three out of the four dudes I just listed.

Wish him all the best.

People forgot that pre illness brock was quick as shit and I don't think Bigfoot would have any answer for his wrestling

yeah just like he did to Overeem

Brock went for one sloppy td and after that he totally abandoned this wresting and chose to stand and trade with k-1 champ.only one td was needed for brock to end overeem.

Brock was a beast.

No doubt having your insides cut out is going to do something performance and life changing.

It had to have a certain amount of effect on his last 3 fights.

That said, I do think Alistair fucked up by pulling himself out of UFC 146.

That was the best shape he had ever been in, and instead of going ahead with the fight and seeing what happens after, he withdrew.

I think he could have beaten JDS.

Junior doesn't have a great pace. It's actually quite measured, unlike Cain's and Reem has many more striking tools.

Brock was a beast.

No doubt having your insides cut out is going to do something performance and life changing.

It had to have a certain amount of effect on his last 3 fights.

That said, I do think Alistair fucked up by pulling himself out of UFC 146.

That was the best shape he had ever been in, and instead of going ahead with the fight and seeing what happens after, he withdrew.

I think he could have beaten JDS.

Junior doesn't have a great pace. It's actually quite measured, unlike Cain's and Reem has many more striking tools.

Kind of a moot point considering he was suspended for a year and wouldn't have been able to fight anyway.

Back