Pre-illness Brock vs Bigfoot, Carwin vs Cain, JDS vs Reem

i would have liked to see all of those matchups. its sad how carwins career came to an end.
its beyond me how the carwin vs lesnar fight was not stopped in the 1st round. i've never seen someone take so many un-answered shots. i know it was a title shot so they give the champion some extra shots ,but seriously that fight should have been stopped 12 times.

Cain would destroy Carwin who had the worst cardio in the division.

Brock has never fought someone as big as Bigfoot. Even if he got him down I'm not sure he would be able to do anything because Bigfoot knows what he's doing. Brock is no Cain. I think as soon as Brock would cover up by Bigfoot throwing punches then Bigfoot would go in for the kill. If Bigfoot got on top of Brock they would have to stop that quickly. Remember, and I think most of us can all agree now, and that is that Brock's mma wrestling was overrated. I hate using that word but Brock's inability to deal with punches caused his wrestling to be only slightly above average. Without all the size he had he would have gotten beat by everyone he faced.

Damn sad these fights never happen.

Brock a beast vs Bigfoot a beast.
Carwin a monster vs Cain a monster.
JDS KO artist vs Reem the destroyer.

Seriously, these were some of the monster matchup fights at HW that I think would be awesome to watch but never happened.

I know Reem is fighting Mir next, I think Reem will finish Mir easily.
Reem was out of juice but he's still a dangerous guy for anyone to fight.
Yeah he got KO by Bigfoot and TKO by Browne which was just a stupid stoppage, but Reem owned Bigfoot and Browne easily although he lost to them both LOL.

If Reem finish Mir, I hope Reem get a title shot, I don't care what people say at all. Reem may lost to Bigfoot and Browne, who care, if JDS beat Cain or Cain beat JDS at UFC 166, I hope if Reem beat Mir, he get to fight JDS for the awesome fight striker vs striker or Reem vs Cain awesome title fight that will sell tton of PPV and we can see Reem get his ass maul by Cain or see Reem finish Cain by TKO.

1. People still calling reem destroyer??? Hasn't destroyed a real fighter in a while, but okay.

2. Reem wasn't 'owning' bigfoot at all. Browne maybe, but the ko suggests otherwise.

3. Overeem is not a draw. Nor will he ever be one.

4. 'Asking' for a title shot after getting humiliated by browne and bigfoot IF he beats mir is retarded.

5. TS get his nuts out of your mouth

If Reem finish Mir, I hope Reem get a title shot, I don't care what people say at all. Reem may lost to Bigfoot and Browne, who care, if JDS beat Cain or Cain beat JDS at UFC 166, I hope if Reem beat Mir, he get to fight JDS for the awesome fight striker vs striker or Reem vs Cain awesome title fight that will sell tton of PPV and we can see Reem get his ass maul by Cain or see Reem finish Cain by TKO.

So even though he's lost two in a row, he should still get a title fight because, you know, YOLO and stuff...

1. People still calling reem destroyer??? Hasn't destroyed a real fighter in a while, but okay.

Please define "real fighter".

2. Reem wasn't 'owning' bigfoot at all. Browne maybe, but the ko suggests otherwise.

What fights were you watching? He was dominating both of those fights

Wrt Carwin vs Lesnar and Overeem vs Browne, all those flurries of punches were hitting the hands and forearms. It looks a lot worse than it is when that happens, neither fighter was getting badly hurt.

Nah Brock should eb able to beat Bigfoot even though he showed at least for the first minute of their second fight good TDD against Cain but he should be able to beat him

Pre-Illness Brock! Love it!

In fairness, diverticulitis sapped him of a lot of his power and explosiveness, which was a huge part of his game. I'm not saying he would be champ right now if he never had it, but the people who act like he was the same fighter afterward are delusional.

Brock always had trouble against guys his size or strength. Carwin, Bigfoot, and Reem all would be favorites. Smaller guys with skill also Cain, JDS.

I understand how devastating Brock's illness was to him and would be to anyone. But this idea that he was some unstoppable machine pre illness, and a shell of himself post illness is absolutely ridiculous.

MUCH more important than the illness is the level of competition before and after. I'm not saying it had no effect, but how the hell does ANY version of Brock beat Cain or Overeem? Brock beat up guys he could overpower. When that didn't happen, he panicked. The results of those fights would have been the same IMO.

I'd like to have seen pre-illness Brock vs post-pee test Reem

Any version of Bigfoot>>> Any version of Brock.

Carwin has Cage Rage level cardio so Cain>>>>Carwin by a long shot.

Uberjuiced Reem who KTFOd Duffee in 20 seconds would have a chance against JDS.

Curren Reem gets his glassjaw shattered by JDS all day.

/thread.

Please define "real fighter".

What fights were you watching? He was dominating both of those fights

1. A top 10-ish fighter Overeem has a shitload of experience. During his strikeforce/japan days he didn't fight anyone 'worthy' . Even though there were enough challenges out there for him (bigfoot). Maybe I should have said 'real contender' instead of real fighter.

2. No. Dominating??? really??? I'll gave him the browne fight. He was dominating him for like 30 seconds, but he couldn't finish him. For a 'destroyer', he sure doesn't know how to 'destroy' people.

Im surprised Cain vs Carwin never happened. They came on the scene right around the same time and were both undefeated.

I understand how devastating Brock's illness was to him and would be to anyone. But this idea that he was some unstoppable machine pre illness, and a shell of himself post illness is absolutely ridiculous.

MUCH more important than the illness is the level of competition before and after. I'm not saying it had no effect, but how the hell does ANY version of Brock beat Cain or Overeem? Brock beat up guys he could overpower. When that didn't happen, he panicked. The results of those fights would have been the same IMO.

Yeah, people forget Lesnar only had 8 fights, 25% of those were against Frank Mir. He also beat up on Herring who was long since done at that point. Beyond that he didn't dominate any fights besides Min-Soo Kim.

Velasquez and Overeem smashed him. Mir submitted him once, Randy put up a pretty equal fight even being in his mid 40s on coming off a huge layoff. Carwin beat the snot out of him until he gassed out.

Back