pre fight meal

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by apizur**, Sep 27, 2010.

1. apizur**

apizur** Aggressive Finesse.

i wanted to eat some whole grain carbs the day before the fight, then the day of the fight try some hammer gel (or something similar) pre fight.

but i come to find out there's not really a google search i can find to know HOW LONG before the fight i should eat my whole grains. at least gels come w/ instructions.

can anyone help w/ that time frame? also i've never used gels before (but i plan to once before i try it pre fight,) what am i to expect?

2. Nick Kilian

Nick Kilian Amateur Fighter

Never heard of hammer Gel.............

I usually eat lite before my fight. My main concern is not shitting myself during it. Some kind of veggie wrap/sushi.

3. bjjaz

bjjaz Got the Rock...Time to Roll

I would say maybe like 2 hrs ahead of time, maybe 1.5hrs.

4. Nostromo

Nostromo Guest

Lucky guy that can eat a meal the day before a fight, and high carbs at that.

5. PoundUmOut2

PoundUmOut2 American Gangster

id have to assume that it is post weigh in

6. pliftkl

pliftkl Green Belt

I'd eat whatever you are used to eating before a hard training session. A fight isn't the time to experiment and figure out what your body likes and/or tolerates.

7. apizur**

try making weight before a week pre fight... it makes a big difference. i'm 2 weeks before my fight and i'm 3 pounds over my weight hydrated. i started 13 pounds over my weight 2 weeks before that. There's no "luck" to making weight.

Well if nobody has used hammer gel, what about gatorade's G1?

8. apizur**

i got a chance to use powerbar's gel. it's technically a "mid flight" recovery gel like the original gatorade drink (electrolytes and carbs) but in all honesty i went to practice very tired with only a bowl of cereal in me and the fatigue was gone in about 15 minutes. i went for a hard hour, way harder than i thought i was going to go.