pre fight meal

apizur**

Aggressive Finesse.
@Brown
Reaction score
i wanted to eat some whole grain carbs the day before the fight, then the day of the fight try some hammer gel (or something similar) pre fight.

but i come to find out there's not really a google search i can find to know HOW LONG before the fight i should eat my whole grains. at least gels come w/ instructions.

can anyone help w/ that time frame? also i've never used gels before (but i plan to once before i try it pre fight,) what am i to expect?

Never heard of hammer Gel.............

I usually eat lite before my fight. My main concern is not shitting myself during it. Some kind of veggie wrap/sushi.

I would say maybe like 2 hrs ahead of time, maybe 1.5hrs.

Lucky guy that can eat a meal the day before a fight, and high carbs at that.

I'd eat whatever you are used to eating before a hard training session. A fight isn't the time to experiment and figure out what your body likes and/or tolerates.

Lucky guy that can eat a meal the day before a fight, and high carbs at that.

try making weight before a week pre fight... it makes a big difference. i'm 2 weeks before my fight and i'm 3 pounds over my weight hydrated. i started 13 pounds over my weight 2 weeks before that. There's no "luck" to making weight.

Well if nobody has used hammer gel, what about gatorade's G1?

i got a chance to use powerbar's gel. it's technically a "mid flight" recovery gel like the original gatorade drink (electrolytes and carbs) but in all honesty i went to practice very tired with only a bowl of cereal in me and the fatigue was gone in about 15 minutes. i went for a hard hour, way harder than i thought i was going to go.

Back