Pre-Fight Jake Shields: "I'm gonna TRY to break one of Paul Harris Bones"

Palhares is getting too much hate.

Rousimar-Palhares.png

Palhares is getting too much hate.

08ousimar-Palhares.png

Its a witch hunt.
just blind hate on Palhares.
He beat the best guys of wsof and made it look easy, wsof now may lose their best fighter

Palhares is easily the strongest fighter at 170

He really should be looking to release subs straight away but he just keeps doing it. Stop defending him. The only justification in my mind is that Shields said he'd crank on Rousimar if he could...

Its a witch hunt.
just blind hate on Palhares.
He beat the best guys of wsof and made it look easy, wsof now may lose their best fighter

He is always fun to watch.

I was going to make a separate thread, but this thread works.. Uhhhh, how about shields corner spaz screaming 'break his fkn arm!!' Right as the round was starting? I mean, come on.. If Palhares understands any English at all, it's that. One of the main reasons I wasn't mad he 'made sure' with the sub. At least he didn't break his arm like shields corner wanted Jake to.

Exactly. Shields got what was coming to him. He got his ass kicked, even from the bottom. Lay n pray doesn't work against a guy who can hit you harder from the bottom than you can hit from the top.

IMO, Hendo's giant punches on UNCONSCIOUS opponents (Bisping, Wandy) is far worse than what Palhares has done. Nobody cares since Hendo is an American hero and Pride veteran. Hitting an unconscious person is considered one of the sleaziest, classless things you can do, but when Hendo does it it's somehow heroic.

Disclaimer: Can't stand Shields and don't care either way about Paul Harris. That said, he holds subs too long and y'all know it.

Usually like Shields but he had this coming. He was talking shit about Palhares in the lead up to this fight then couldn't back it up.

The submission wasn't even held for that long after.

Clearly a way to hype up a fight against a guy who has a history of injuring opponents. You can enjoy the Paul Harris' fight and all that but at the same time admit that he's a dirty fighter. Or just ignore ignore the fact that he's currently the only guy in the entire sport who has a big problem letting go of subs when he's supposed to.

yup shields is just a sore loser. he was crying all night about eye pokes, but all paul was doing is create separation with his hands (perfectly legal) cause shields was pressing his face against pauls in his lnp attempt. all that plus that punch after the bell n paul felt like he was a bit "slippery".

shields should definitly be suspended.

Clearly a way to hype up a fight against a guy who has a history of injuring opponents. You can enjoy the Paul Harris' fight and all that but at the same time admit that he's a dirty fighter. Or just ignore ignore the fact that he's currently the only guy in the entire sport who has a big problem letting go of subs when he's supposed to.

So were they still hyping up the fight when Jakes corner was screaming break his arm during the fight?

Exactly. Shields got what was coming to him. He got his ass kicked, even from the bottom. Lay n pray doesn't work against a guy who can hit you harder from the bottom than you can hit from the top.

IMO, Hendo's giant punches on UNCONSCIOUS opponents (Bisping, Wandy) is far worse than what Palhares has done. Nobody cares since Hendo is an American hero and Pride veteran. Hitting an unconscious person is considered one of the sleaziest, classless things you can do, but when Hendo does it it's somehow heroic.

One of the few times I agree with you.

Don't forget about his punches to the back of the head of Fedor.

Dirty implies that he's cheating to win. When he latches on the submission the fight is already over. He may be a little slow or even mentally challenged, but i wouldn't say dirty.

Dirty implies that he's cheating to win. When he latches on the submission the fight is already over. He may be a little slow or even mentally challenged, but i wouldn't say dirty.

he's a ped user so yeah he is cheating to win lol

Back