Prayer? Meditation? Something else?

Hitman81

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
So I'm a lifelong Aetheist, humble brag I know. But lately I've been finding myself more and more inclined to want to pray. I have two small children, 2 and 6 months, and with everything that's going on in the world between war torn countries, to natural distasters and even everything in between sometimes I feel the only outlet to free myself of some mental anguish is to close my eyes and pray for these people, mostly the children. On the opposite side of the coin I have two healthy children and I want to thank someone that I can afford to buy them food and take them to a doctor when they get a cold.

I don't trust people anymore to do the right thing, I don't trust our government to do the right thing, I feel like I need to reach the supernatural for solace. Im not interesting in going to church every week. Am I crazy? Is it okay to pray without believing in any Gods or religion?

Last edited:
Do what you feel you want to bro. I'm a non practicing Catholic, got married in a church and baptized my son etc but not really into it all. Just make sure you don't get sucked into everything about the church, has some good points but also many bad points.

If praying will put you at ease, go ahead and pray. It doesn't matter if you believe or not.

It's because you've gone soft in your old age and have resorted to the old ways of savages to hope that some omnipotent force makes life not life.

It's because you've gone soft in your old age and have resorted to the old ways of savages to hope that some omnipotent force makes life not life.

What else am I to do? Get my six shooter and my posse and head to Iraq?

So you want to delude your self to make your weak ass feel better ?

Why not just thank plain luck for Not being born in the shit holes of the world that are the majority of it ?

How about go thank your pops for plowing your mom and creating you, not some fairy wizard in the sky delusion.

Pray to what ever nation or civilization you are from, cause odds are against being born into a decent place.

Yes, i always pray during sporting events.

I do the whole "oh my lord lord lord" clap bit from the film Glory during tense moments involving my favorite sports teams. It often works too.

but i don't believe in that stuff

In before and after everyone tells you not to pray.

Pray on, brah.

Some forms of payer are akin to meditation. Can do wonders for you. Fuck the haters ITT.

Why not just thank plain luck for Not being born in the shit holes of the world that are the majority of it ?

How about go thank your pops for plowing your mom and creating you, not some fairy wizard in the sky delusion.

Pray to what ever nation or civilization you are from, cause odds are against being born into a decent place.

Lol. For once, Im left wishing a rant was longer. Ok, I'll bite..... What the hell are you rambling about?

Whether you believe it or not... God is either there and will hear you or not. Your belief has nothing to do with it imo. I believe in God btw.

Why don't you look into something like Buddhism, a non-theistic religion? You can learn all about meditation, something with tangible benefits, without the myths.

Whether you believe it or not... God is either there and will hear you or not. Your belief has nothing to do with it imo. I believe in God btw.

Lol none of that makes any sense, Cajun.

Is it okay to pray without believing in any Gods or religion?

What is the purpose of it? Who are you asking?

If you are serious at all. I would advise you to watch this guy's youtube. Here is a good starting video. All I can say is whatever you choose, make sure you research the fuck out of it. Do not listen to people on here and other places who do not know shit about religion spouting off like they do, just as you would not take Physics advice from and imbecile.

[YT]PuyKsaj6GbM[/YT]

Thanks for missing the point of half my post.

To pray is to accept defeat.

Back