PPV regional price differences?

The price for a ppv are high. Imagine someone in greece paying 55+ dollars for a ppv in the middle of the night? Nah...

I imagine thats the reason why alot of the ppvs are cheaper in europe. Its to much to pay for something in the middle of the night\morning.

as a US customer this is why I have gotten defensive in other threads about the "best fans" or "best fanbase".

when i hear millions watched in brazil my response is yes but for free on national television or on a sports channel.
while less people watched the same card in canada and the US they paid $55 to $65 each.
would more people watch in the US/Canada if UFC was on national TV or on ESPN? I think so

and a billion watching for free does not put much $ in zuffa's pockets whereas 500k at $55-$65 a pop is alot of dough for zuffa.
so i would argue north america is still the UFC's cash cow.
although to grow they need to get popular enough in other parts of the world that fans are willing to pay real PPV $ to watch

I'm actually surprised that so few people watch those free events that are on Fox. You'd expect more people to watch them since PPV events get something like 400k buys on average.

I'm actually surprised that so few people watch those free events that are on Fox. You'd expect more people to watch them since PPV events get something like 400k buys on average.

fair point and i agree to some extent.
however, i think it is hard to engage fans when you throw them a bone every 3-4 months and until recently it did not feature a full main card or top guys.

if there is a steady stream of buildup fans may develop the "i can't miss this event" mentality as opposed to maybe i'll watch.
i hate to compare but pr wrestling did this well for a long time. the last free telecast before a PPV would go off the air with major drama

I hope they will continue to improve ufc.tv, which has a nice format with multiple camera angles available (however I've yet to see an event where these have been available).
But having to go elsewhere to watch prelims is stupid, for Fridays Australia card prelims, I had to watch a pirate stream because there was no international option available.
Also when they include the fuel tv show throughout the event, but does not make the post fight show available (which isn't available anywhere online) it is annoying.
Get some international commercial contracts to fill up the 2+ minute blank slots and include everything related to the card in one package + make fights available longer than 24h. Any other input?

$59.95 for HD version through Verizon FIOS in Richmond, VA ( U.S.)

Back