PPV numbers for Khabib/Tony and Conor/Al?

THey gunna market Khabib vs Ferguson with so much promo of the McGregor fight, so I believe it would do good numbers, like a good Jon Jones fight, 700-800K. THe McGregor fight I have no idea, I think he should fight Poirier, Barboza or Diaz, the Al one is kinda weird

Khabib/Tony 1,2 mil
Conor/Al 1,5 mil

Mcgregor vs al probably breaks 2 million maybe 1.5 at worse
Mcgregor is so big I feel some of you don’t understand.
They will build it as his redemption
Also no way it does under a million that is beyond retarded
People will watch to see if he can come back
A khabib rematch imo breaks 3 million especially if they both win there next fights
Khabib vs Ferguson 400k at best maybe 500k
Gsp never broke a million no way Ferguson does
Khabib is big for now but most of his fans are Russian who he himself said don’t pay ppv and Muslims who let’s be honest aren’t putting there hands in there pockets
The rest are mcgregor haters who don’t really care about him when mcgregor is not involved
Watch the news in case you don't get that Khabib is now beyond "Russian and Muslims who don't pay"

Saying Conor vs Al (fresh off a loss and no belt) destroys the number for Conor vs Alvarez fresh off a win and to unify 2 belts shows you aren't paying attention.

Saying nonsensical stuff like "Khabib/Tony does 400k" and "GSP never broke 1M no way Ferguson does" confirms it. What the hell does Ferguson have to do with GSP? And either have to do with Khabib?
Khabib/Tony 1,2 mil
Conor/Al 1,5 mil
If true WME would just concentrate on doing nothing but random Conor and Khabib cards forever ha.
I’ll let you in on a secret. UFC 236. Khabib. Tony. GSP. Conor.
Cool but don't believe you. Who would GSP fight in this scenario? Nothing but Khabib makes sense at 155. If you're saying Tony/Conor and GSP/Khabib then hell yes sign me up, but I'd be genuinely surprised if WME did that.

Assume they are separate cards and both these events headline and their undercards are of equal strength. How many buys do each get?

Other than "tree fiddy" of course. Just curious where you now put the buying power of Khabib and Conor by themselves after 229 has come and gone. Obviously a rematch would do the highest sheer PPV numbers for both men but let's try and set that spectacle aside. So neither guy gets help from the other to boost their baseline drawing power.

I don't think it is controversial at all to say we can assume Khabib's baseline has likely moved WAY up since 229 and Conor's baseline (likely) moved a bit down since 229. Only so many times you can market champ champ or other imaginary things before the casuals start to get wise. At this point (most witnessed UFC event ever) even casuals would make fun of a guy using "Conor is double champ" at the water cooler so the UFC would have to pull back its marketing hyperbole a bit.

well any conor card will have a trash line up cause conor sell the ppv no need to load it. look at ufc 229. nobody was calling that even super stacked.

well any conor card will have a trash line up cause conor sell the ppv no need to load it. look at ufc 229. nobody was calling that even super stacked.
I remember thinking that when it was first announced but it got better by the end. Forget how long it took for us to know that Pettis/Tony would comain...

even ufc added that fight ufc 229 was still trash as a whole.

even ufc added that fight ufc 229 was still trash as a whole.
For the most part yeah. But that was a recent phenomenon of stripping a card because they knew the main would be so massive. Let's see if they do it when it is either just Khabib or just Conor in the headline instead of both. With Conor's draw possibly going down and Khabib's now relatively unknown maybe they won't feel confident stripping the undercard just yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back