PPV benchmarks for UFC 190

It'll pass half a mil, there's no way that it doesn't.

I may not buy PPVs, but I watch every one from Buffalo Wild Wings and the crowd at my BWW was enormous! Nearly every damn one of them was there for Rousey (aside from about 4 poor saps who were cheering for Bethe). Considering that there were no other sports going on at the time and the crowd was about as big as the crowds get during college football season, that's saying a LOT for Knoxville TN. SEC football is a religion in these parts.

Rousey's crowd at that BWW will probably be bigger than local hero OSP's crowd next week.

I don't see how it does under 700k. Just way too much talk for that it not to translate to PPV buys on some level. Luke Thomas retweeted the following

Holy shit. Looking at the Social Stats from last night. UFC190 was tweeted 993k times. UFC189 was 424k.

I don't see how it's possible to have so much interest in a fight for it not to do well north of 500k. It's not even web traffic. It's even first hand accounts from everybody I've talked to and even reading various things online from people's encounters to seeing bars packed for the fight like they've never seen before for a UFC fight. I mean I had people asking me about the watching the fight who really don't watch MMA at all.

It probably did around 400K but the UFC will claim it did around 700k or sumchat.

Looking at the posts in this thread makes me think I severely underestimated the number going with 400k. I still don't think it'll go as high as 600k. Social media interest just doesn't translate perfectly into fight purchasing interest.

So, what numbers do you think the UFC would be happy with for UFC 190, and what numbers do you think it'll do? I think they should be aiming to set the record for a Brazil PPV by beating 410k buys. They should be extremely happy if it can beat 500k buys. They should be disappointed if it fails to beat UFC 170's 340k buys. I predict about 400k buys.

This is a fair assessment. I believe they are expecting little over 500k from this card, given how great UFC 184 did. Given Rondas current status, 400k is decent, 500k very good, 600k excellent. Anything over 600k with a Brazilian card would be phenomenal.

Didn't uncle Dana say at the post fight presser it was trending better than 189?

Didn't uncle Dana say at the post fight presser it was trending better than 189?

He did but he was referring to social media I think, which doesn't necessarily translate into PPV buys. It'd be a huge shock if 190 beat 189 on PPV.

in terms of buys for 190 ill say over 500k. Possibly a lot more. In terms of the quality of the card it was horrible, but ronda is a huge draw for casuals.

Back