Ppl need to stop acting as if DC does not deserve the title shot.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by priderulez, May 28, 2014.

1. priderulez

priderulez Brown Belt

Who has he beat at LHW is the most common argumentation for the supporters of the opinion he's not yet to fight for the title.

Ok, let's break it down. DC holds a perfect unbeaten record at HW. Was the Strikeforce HW GP champion, impressively defeated current UFC HW's top 5 BF and top 10 Barnett.

When moved to the UFC, he proceeded in beating two more UFC HW top 10 fighters. I agree, the fight against Mir was not very impressive but thats about that.

Coming into the UFC Cormier was the legit HW title contender and everyone knows he would have gotten the shot if it wasnt his teammate who held the belt. They gave Bigfoot a second title shot instead what a BS...

Anyways, being at the very top of two HW divisions in the two best MMA organizations in the world means nothing as far as accomplishments go..., of course, because it has not been achieved at LHW...Oh, wait, is HW>>>>LHW or the other way around. Well according to sherdog's logic its LHW>>>>>>HW and accomplishments at HW = o...right, awesome logic sherdog, fighters at HW are such a weak pussies, lets not mention them again.

How about DC's size and what he has accomplished at HW being so small, yes, shorter than Fedor, with more of a bodyfat.

And how about JJ?
    It's a well known fact JJ is at around 230lbs on fight night. Lean as hell too with the longest freaking spider limbs ever. Well DC was fighting at around the same weight, a bit more (but compare how lean his body is as compared to JJ's who literally has no unneeded fat unlike DC who seems to be holding a good 10 lbs just around the belly area, may be more). Not to mention DC is 35 and JJ is like what, 26?

Nevermind that DC, at 5'10 was still picking up and slamming monsters like Barnett at 6'3 250lbs. Hell no, DC does NOT deserve the shot.

I honestly do not see how what DC has done in his career so far is not as impressive as what JJ has done.

I rest my case

2. CarloSpcyWeiner

CarloSpcyWeiner Desert Eagle, .50 Platinum Member

HW wins don't, and should not count toward a LHW title run.

3. ShX

ShX Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Its very simple. People would rather see Gus vs Jones 2 then Jones vs DC. Atleast i would.

But i do agree that DC deserves it. :icon_chee

4. Romero1979

Romero1979 Orange Belt

DC hasn't really achieved anything at LHW to show he deserves a shot. I don't see how beating a can and an (unfortunately at LHW) over the hill Hendo translates to a title shot.

5. Mga223

Mga223 Steel Belt

Yea well vitor got his mw title shot fighting at LHW and his LHW title shot fighting at mw.

Shit happens.

6. Le Smish Smosh**

Le Smish Smosh** Brown Belt

of course he deserves it.. but right after Gus

7. CarloSpcyWeiner

And it was bullshit then too. The concept is simple and I've explained it in other threads like this. Beat too guys in a weigt class to earn a shot at that weight classes' title. What's not to get about that?

8. Cygnus-X

Cygnus-X Red Belt

Yes, they do, in real life. Your video game/wikipedia way of viewing how things "count" and who "deserves" has never and will never be applicable to how MMA really works.

9. sp1017

sp1017 Yellow Belt

So Chael fights in the mw division but gets a title shot at lhw without winning one fight at that weight? Do you agree with that?

Edit: tj dillashaw, best win was against like Easton. Yeah he won a couple of fights but did he deserve his shot? I didn't think so but I'm eating my words now. Point is you never know who's gonna get ya. You know how mmath goes, styles make fights. So you think dc doesn't deserve a shot cause he lacked the resume, but do you think he doesn't have the skill and style to pose a threat to jones?

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  10. Rittsy

Rittsy Red Belt

Belfort got the shot as a fill in for Machida/Henderson.

11. CarloSpcyWeiner

Then we should go ahead and give a welterweight shot to Jacare if he can make the cut then right? Or a featherweight title shot to TJ Grant for his run at lightweight.

Don't try and pull that "this is how it works in real life" crap. It makes you sound like an ignorant twelve year old. There are weight classes for a reason. Different sizes, different fighters, different challenges in each. It's a sport, not a street fight.

12. CarloSpcyWeiner

Not at all.

13. stav

stav Brown Belt

I think this is the most common position that fans take.

14. CarloSpcyWeiner

True enough, though it was still a shot that wasn't earned.

15. thechoice2

thechoice2 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Isn't that how Frankie Edgar got his 145 title shot?

And that is how it works in real life, do you think Floyd Mayweather and Pacquiao needed to prove themselves each time they moved up before earning a title shot? Or do you think people could see how good they were in lower weight classes and how their skills would make them a top fighter as they moved up?

16. cuban23

cuban23 Black Belt

He'll get it by default. Who else is out there after Gus?

17. Funkasaurus

Funkasaurus Purple Belt

How the hell does beating Hendo get you a title shot?

His only win in the UFC is against that guy who got subbed be Chael "MW" Sonnen

I do want to see this fight but you're wrong OP, if you want to to fight for a title you need to campaign at that weight class

18. CarloSpcyWeiner

First off, I disagree with any gifted title shot regardless of who it is. Frankie should've had at least one too ten guy before getting Aldo, but legitimacy isn't something the UFC seems to be interested in these days.

Second, this isn't boxing. I could give two shits about how the wacky weight divisions and championships in boxing work when I'm discussing MMA. That's still not how you earn a title shot. Period.

19. sp1017

sp1017 Yellow Belt

In all fairness some would say you're being ignorant too. No need for name calling now play nice boys :)

20. Loriquero

Loriquero Green Belt

Yes, Gustafsson and Cormier totally don't deserve a tittle shot, because Bones needs to keep fighting the other middleweights he has been fighting since he became champion.
    /irony off.

The thing is, there is no one else in the division who deserve TS more than Gus and DC。

-Davis just lost
    -Lyoto is a MW now.
    -Rumble is in the right path, but happens to be in line just after DC.
    -Henderson and Shogun can't pull two wins in a row.
    -Minotouro and Shad... still healing.
    -Who else? Glover II? Bader? give me a break.

So who else Sherdog? who else deserves more than the guy who lost a razor sharp split decision with the champ, and the guy who is unbeaten in the upper ladder? Frankie Edgar got a title shot in FW after two (close) defeats in LW.

There is just 3 guys that come to my mind who I may accept to fight next against Jones for the LHW belt not called Alexander or Daniel (and neither of them deserve it right now):

-Anderson Silva if he decides to come back as a LHW (low chance, he would rather to keep fighting cans as a MW (I remember how we wanted to fight Bisping, Cung Le, Nick Diaz... and not Weidman)
    -Junior Cigano if he decides(can) to go to 205 (lower chances, dude is big and almost 30 y/o)
    -Chris Weidman. (If he loses against Lyoto, he may give it a try)