Ppl are sleeping on how big this Reyes vs Jones fight is

Didn’t vitor break his hand or something and that’s why he was pulling guard?
I though let he said he only hurt but that was so damn long ago. He could have cranked that arm bar even with an injured hand. If only he had the killer instinct of Frank Mir when it comes to submissions.

Reyes had close fights with OSP and Volkan.

And he has pissed Jones off which means he'll be motivated.

You meant he is "loaded with peds to the max".

I dont get how any Jones fight still is relevant for any fan. He gets his own special conditions by UFC /USADA to play by. Regarding MMA as a competition his fights are absolutely worthless.

He is not the GOAT but just a dirty career cheater who had the benefit of getting caught when he had reached champ status. No MMA fan can rank Jones at all.

If Jones checks his ego at the cage gate and uses his entire toolbox IMO young Reyes is properly phucked.... but...
<JonesLaugh>
If Jon decides he wants to play with his food like the last few outings and fighting to his opponents strengths he might find himself staring up at the doctor. All of a sudden in an instant he realizes his huge ego just lost him the fight, the title, his aura, and all of his self confidence.
<{hughesimpress}>
Once Jones really loses that first fight he’s going to go completely off the rails, the one thing he has that’s still unblemished is his fighting prowess. Once that’s gone we will be witnesses to a packed jetliner crashing into a filled to capacity stadium... oh the humanity.
<{jackyeah}>

Reyes had close fights with OSP and Volkan.

And he has pissed Jones off which means he'll be motivated.

Jones just had a close fight with a mediocre middleweight with leg injuries.

MMA may be moving away from single, dominant champions. There is too much parity, too much skill and too many ways to lose.

Jones has been caught up to IMO and there's a good chance that he'll lose. The signs are there.

Reyes wins via being a football player. Jones has a lot of experience losing to football players so he's going to over compensate in order to finally get a win over a football player and eat a straight left in the process.

Don't @ me.

He's undefeated & won six in the Octagon so he's as deserving as anyone else, but imo the only way he wins is if Jones is complacent or has continued to decline without his usual full dosage as shown in going the distance with Smith & squeaking by with a split decision against Santos.

Reyes will defeat Jones again in the rematch and go on to retire undefeated. I don't see how anyone beats Reyes

this is by far his toughest fight at 205

If he wins this fight I don't see anyone close to Reyes level out there

Not even close to his toughest fight. Reyes needs a lot more seasoning before he becomes a true threat.

DC and Gus were Jones' toughest fights.

Reyes will defeat Jones again in the rematch and go on to retire undefeated. I don't see how anyone beats Reyes

? Reyes barely squeaked past Oezdemir less than 10 months ago. The same guy that recently lost also to Smith and DC.

Reyes wins via being a football player. Jones has a lot of experience losing to football players so he's going to over compensate in order to finally get a win over a football player and eat a straight left in the process.

Don't @ me.
I'm @Ing u

They all fight jones scared and timid. They stay in jones range. Who was the last fighter who actually went after jones ? DC? Before that rampage?
Santos ffs

this is by far his toughest fight at 205

If he wins this fight I don't see anyone close to Reyes level out there
he earned a titleshot of wide-man, middleweight with penta-broke chin, and he has terribly short arms for lhw, easy fight, too soon, too green. dont feed the machine with this junk if u want legit contenders

Back