Ppl are sleeping on how big this Reyes vs Jones fight is

Reyes looks very dangerous but Jones is Jones. I expect a 4th round too by the champ.

Reyes was lucky to get the decision vs Volkan less than a year ago, who is exactly the kind of dude he should have finished early if he was a threat to Jones.

It's a heavier division so one shot is always possible, but I believe this is the usual point where Jones fans try to hype up his opponent to make his expected win look better.

That being said, I just hope Reyes goes after him. Whatever happens, not another timid performance. I'd rather he go for it and get finished early rather than fight reluctant for 4-5 rounds.

Jones may come in highly motivated and try to make up for a few bad fights but if things don't go his way early, he could get frustrated and make a big mistake: While he needs to get aggressive to win in convincing fashion and silence the critics, that could play directly into Reyes' game with his fast and heavy counters.

When has Jones EVER done that? He always fights with a pretty high fight IQ

When has Jones EVER done that? He always fights with a pretty high fight IQ
I know but things are changing. Slowing down, no steroids, poor performances, decreasing confidence, increasing anxiety, needing to silence the critics...it could lead to Jones making an uncharacteristic mistake

I know but things are changing. Slowing down, no steroids, poor performances, decreasing confidence, increasing anxiety, needing to silence the critics...it could lead to Jones making an uncharacteristic mistake
Agree with all but the steroid part. His corpse will be pulsing picograms in 200 years.

I thought Santos stood absolutely no chance. I thought it would be an absolute mauling, but it wasn't. As a result, I am quite intrigued to see how this fight plays out. Jones is the rightful favourite, but Reyes isn't a scrub.

They all fight jones scared and timid. They stay in jones range. Who was the last fighter who actually went after jones ? DC? Before that rampage?

They all fight jones scared and timid. They stay in jones range. Who was the last fighter who actually went after jones ? DC? Before that rampage?
Bingo! Everyone that goes in there has already lost mentally. The fighter to beat him is one that has confidence going into the fight along with the skills. Reyes may not have the best skill set but he at least believes in himself and carries himself with confidence.

Too bad Vitor was a bitch and did not breaks his arm.

Reyes went life and death with Volkan Nogroundgamemir.

Jones should win this but I hope I'm wrong and he gets KTFO.
Jesus... could you imagine seeing an unconscious Jones?

I like Reyes, I just can’t see him beating Jones.
I also think he’s a little too green for a title shot, but they don’t have anyone else at LHW

I got jones by tko round 3 or 4. I think Jones has to make a really big defensive error for Reyes to have a chance. Like a Bisping-Rockhold 2 or Reyes-Weidman kind of mistake

Everyone is waiting for JJ to just simply decline. It happens to literally all athletes.

I never am going to watch a JJ fight again, I've been over it since the hit and run.

Bingo! Everyone that goes in there has already lost mentally. The fighter to beat him is one that has confidence going into the fight along with the skills. Reyes may not have the best skill set but he at least believes in himself and carries himself with confidence.

Too bad Vitor was a bitch and did not breaks his arm.
Didn’t vitor break his hand or something and that’s why he was pulling guard?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back