powertec power rack

I have never personally used that brand of power racks, but the bolts on the base of it make me nervous. If you do decide to buy this, be sure to get the joints welded.

i have a rack similar and have had no problems with it, the dip bars seem fine.

i have that rack, and the dip bars are kinda funky. the pullup bars are great along with everything else.

Sweet, so the bolts dont wear loose over time? I have had some bad luck with home-gym equipment. How does this one hold up to the test of time/punishment?

everything has held up fine, though ive only had it for 8 months maybe and i dont lift especially heavy weights. ive never had anything wrong with the bolts, but its not all that holds it together.

I've had this rack for a couple of years with no real problems. The dip bars are fine, although I wish they were parallel. The pullup bar is great, but the foam grip wore off of one end a few months ago. I replaced it pretty easily with some extra foam grip I had lying around.

Overall, the rack is very stable (bolts on bottom notwithstanding). Keep in mind, I don't lift as much weight as others, though (I have a 300 lb. oly set, which is sufficient for me).

That seems like a fair price, too. I got mine for about the same price, and I think it was worth every penny.

Just in regards to the bolts and such. I use a bolted rack from NYBB, and I've had 800+ on it without any problems before.

The NYBB racks are amazing for the price, but to be safe, I go through and tighten up all the bolts every few months on mine.

I do too, usually they're already pretty tight, but occasionally I find one that needs a little work.

I agree by the way that I've never better deals than Newyorkbarbell.com and midwestbarbells.com.

I own a number of items, and I've said it before, and I'll say it again you lose like 10% in quality and pay 1/3 the money.

The other absolutely BITCHIN deal on the net is the jesupgym.com 1500lb test powerbar. The only bar I like better is the Texas Power Bar, and it costs 4 times as much, and there is one at my gym anyhow.

Back