Television POWERPUFF (First Official Look at the Powerpuff Girls in New Poster)

Update: March 30, 2021

Scrubs Alum Donald Faison to Play Professor Utonium in The CW's POWERPUFF GIRLS Series

GettyImages-1176029582-H-2021-1617128911-928x523.jpg

Donald Faison is trading his scrubs for a lab coat. The Scrubs alum has joined the cast of The CW's Powerpuff live-action pilot from writers Diablo Cody and Heather Regnier. (The project is now formally called Powerpuff, dropping the "Girls" from the original's title.)

Ordered to pilot llast month, the drama is based on the beloved Cartoon Network series and revolves around the Powerpuff Girls, who used to be America's pint-sized superheroes. Now they’re disillusioned twentysomethings who resent having lost their childhood to crime fighting. Will they agree to reunite now that the world needs them more than ever?

Faison will play Professor Drake Utonium, who is described as the quirky, debonair and narcissistic scientific genius who is immensely proud of the three extraordinary girls he created in his lab. Staring down a midlife crisis, he is determined to repair his relationships with his now-adult daughters.

Dove Cameron (Liv & Maddie), Chloe Bennet (Agents of SHIELD) and Yana Perrault (Broadway's Jagged Little Pill) star as Bubbles Utonium, Blossom Utonium and Buttercup Utonium, respectively.

Based on the original Cartoon Network animated series and characters created by Craig McCracken, Regnier (Veronica Mars, Sleepy Hollow) and Cody (Juno) will pen the script. The duo will exec produce the Warner Bros. TV entry alongside Greg Berlanti and his Berlanti Productions banner partner Sarah Schechter and TV president David Madden. Maggie Kiley also exec produces and will direct the pilot.

Faison's credits include Emergence, Generation Q and Scrubs. He currently co-hosts podcasts Fake Doctors Real Friends with Scrubs pal Zach Braff.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/the-cws-powerpuff-enlists-donald-faison

Update: April 1, 2021

Nicholas Podany to Play Mojo Jojo in The CW's POWERPUFF GIRLS Live-Action Series

Nicholas-Podany-Mojo-Jojo.jpg

The Powerpuff Girls live-action pilot at The CW has found its Mojo Jojo. Nicholas Podany has joined the pilot in the role of Joseph “Jojo” Mondel Jr. As a kid, the nerdy, power-hungry, insecure JoJo was obsessed with The Powerpuff Girls, despite his father’s grudge against them. As an adult, JoJo finds his sweetness and rage in constant battle.

The series, now titled simply Powerpuff, was first announced as being in development back in August. Based on the Cartoon Network series created by Craig McCracken, the new series sees the pint-sized superheroes as disillusioned twentysomethings who resent having lost their childhood to crime fighting. Will they agree to reunite now that the world needs them more than ever?

Podany joins previously announced stars Chloe Bennet, Dove Cameron, and Yana Perrault, who will play Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup respectively. It was announced earlier this week that Donald Faison will play Professor Utonium. In the cartoon, Mojo Jojo was a primary antagonist of The Powerpuff Girls. He was previously Utonium’s helper chimpanzee before he accidentally caused the incident that created the Girls. His own DNA was mutated in the process, turning him into a supervillain.

Podany is a Juilliard graduate who previously appeared as Albus Potter in the Broadway production of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. His screen credits include The CW series Hart of Dixie and Netflix’s Archive 81.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/powerpuff-girls-pilot-cw-mojo-jojo-nicholas-podany-1234942787/

Update: March 30, 2021

Scrubs Alum Donald Faison to Play Professor Utonium in The CW's POWERPUFF GIRLS Series

GettyImages-1176029582-H-2021-1617128911-928x523.jpg

Donald Faison is trading his scrubs for a lab coat. The Scrubs alum has joined the cast of The CW's Powerpuff live-action pilot from writers Diablo Cody and Heather Regnier. (The project is now formally called Powerpuff, dropping the "Girls" from the original's title.)

Ordered to pilot llast month, the drama is based on the beloved Cartoon Network series and revolves around the Powerpuff Girls, who used to be America's pint-sized superheroes. Now they’re disillusioned twentysomethings who resent having lost their childhood to crime fighting. Will they agree to reunite now that the world needs them more than ever?

Faison will play Professor Drake Utonium, who is described as the quirky, debonair and narcissistic scientific genius who is immensely proud of the three extraordinary girls he created in his lab. Staring down a midlife crisis, he is determined to repair his relationships with his now-adult daughters.

Dove Cameron (Liv & Maddie), Chloe Bennet (Agents of SHIELD) and Yana Perrault (Broadway's Jagged Little Pill) star as Bubbles Utonium, Blossom Utonium and Buttercup Utonium, respectively.

Based on the original Cartoon Network animated series and characters created by Craig McCracken, Regnier (Veronica Mars, Sleepy Hollow) and Cody (Juno) will pen the script. The duo will exec produce the Warner Bros. TV entry alongside Greg Berlanti and his Berlanti Productions banner partner Sarah Schechter and TV president David Madden. Maggie Kiley also exec produces and will direct the pilot.

Faison's credits include Emergence, Generation Q and Scrubs. He currently co-hosts podcasts Fake Doctors Real Friends with Scrubs pal Zach Braff.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/the-cws-powerpuff-enlists-donald-faison
If Professor Utonium was a black guy in the cartoon and they cast a white guy to play him in the life action, there would be outrage

Isn’t he wheelchair bound and partially paralyzed in half of his body following a stroke like 10 years ago?

STKAI73IOAJI4WMVBAMRM4ZDW4.jpg

Otherwise I would say just toss him in his old Darkness costume.
fuck

i had no idea

you've ruined my night.

fuck

i had no idea

you've ruined my night.

Sorry. Yeah, I’m a huge Tim Curry fan, I was bummed when I first heard about it too. I kind of wish I had tried out to be an extra for Christmas in Wonderland when they filmed that here in Edmonton in 2007 for a chance to meet him or Patrick Swayze before he died.

Sorry. Yeah, I’m a huge Tim Curry fan, I was bummed when I first heard about it too. I kind of wish I had tried out to be an extra for Christmas in Wonderland when they filmed that here in Edmonton in 2007 for a chance to meet him or Patrick Swayze before he died.
My father in law went to school with Swayze here in Texas.

Back