Powerlifting muscle gains

maybe you should just start eating foods like fruits, vegetables , nuts and beans. stop eating so much meat and carbs.

For a second I thought this wasn't a troll until I read this

Boxing would hinder your powerlifting but your powerlifting would enhance your boxing, if that makes sense to you.

To be @ your best in powerlifting, it needs to be your priority and your focus.

However, if you multitask with bodybuilding, boxing, etc.- powerlifting enhances your success in all those disciplines but you're not going to get your ideal maximum stats if it's not your sole athletic focus.

If you're as skinny as you say then worry about lifting very hard and eat everything you can get your hands on. Anecdotally speaking, it seems like those guys can eat whatever and gain mostly muscle so long as they are lifting hard enough to cause adaptations. And by "eat whatever" I mean high protein, fat, and carbs in any form. Don't eat a bunch of fruit and green beans and expect to get bigger.

Just my two cents.

If you're as skinny as you say then worry about lifting very hard and eat everything you can get your hands on. Anecdotally speaking, it seems like those guys can eat whatever and gain mostly muscle so long as they are lifting hard enough to cause adaptations. And by "eat whatever" I mean high protein, fat, and carbs in any form. Don't eat a bunch of fruit and green beans and expect to get bigger.

Just my two cents.

there are healthy high calorie foods.

It can be done, I did some form of boxing every day, four big lifts with percentage based cycles, plus assistance, and cardio and gained around 14 lbs over about 18 months.

Depending on how much you weigh your body will need a lot of calories, you're gonna probably want a couple of massive shakes just so you can cram the cals in and three or four solid meals. Not every meal needs to be clean either,you just need to balance it out. Ramp up the cals steadily at first and then adjust however you need to from there.

Also timing of meals is a massive factor in being able to do the sessions at the gym,and your recovery.

EDIT

If you are working out at 5,make 3 o'clock a carb based meal ime then they have time to digest and fuel your training.

Back