Powerlifting muscle gains

Haymaker91

White Belt
Reaction score
I was just wandering, if you're a skinny guy with low bodyfat and lift like a powerlifter, work hard with lots of squats,deadlifts,bench press, military press and lower reps like 5x5 and so, and you follow a good diet/rest scheme, what kind of muscle gains could you expect?

And how does boxing 2-3 a week ontop that affect it?

I work behind a desk 9-5 and eating orders are very good now. I wake morning have a nice strong breakfast, snack at 11, lunch at 1, snack at 3, finish work at 5, workout,after workout shake, strong dinner at home. Lots of proteins and carbs and all that other crap :p Bed at 12. I dont drink i smoke weed so no hangovers

My wife just left me basically and im moving out planning to start training very serious again so i can get my mind off it. Wouldnt mind if i could impress her with a more Rambo look since ive always been a skinny bastard.

Well to achieve "Rambo" status it would take lots of TEST and HGH. Are you up for it? And sorry about the wife, I wouldn't do it to impress her. Screw her, find a new broad

muscle builds very slow. especially if you are eating the wrong food. Eat clean ,increase your calories and do heavy lifting with proper form. Make sure not to eat junk because it will massively slow down your gains, junk food kills your bodies nature way of creating growth hormone that is needed for your muscles to grow and look good.

muscle builds very slow. especially if you are eating the wrong food. Eat clean ,increase your calories and do heavy lifting with proper form. Make sure not to eat junk because it will massively slow down your gains, junk food kills your bodies nature way of creating growth hormone that is needed for your muscles to grow and look good.

Everything above is utter horseshit.

maybe nows the time to tell you that i am a personal trainer. By the way what advice do you have?.

What are your exact credentials and please provide studies on your above comments regarding growth hormones.

All I eat is junk...I'm never going to get jacked. :icon_cry2

When I started lifting again after an ACL tear, I would work out 2 times a week doing the "colorado experiment" workout (which many say doesn't work). I'd follow the workout up with a double whopper, fries, and milkshake from burger king on my way home, and two pints of ben and jerries throughout the day.

Doing that I gained about 15 lbs of muscle in 2 months and lost 2-3% bodyfat.

So, to each his own basically.

maybe nows the time to tell you that i am a personal trainer. By the way what advice do you have?.

I know this is probably a troll.

I still loled.

maybe you should just start eating foods like fruits, vegetables , nuts and beans

50a47e79afa96f1ff40012e4.gif

maybe you should just start eating foods like fruits, vegetables , nuts and beans. stop eating so much meat and carbs.

So less meat and carbs, and more nuts and beans?

I am not a vegetarian, also as it is said by mothers around the world "you are what you eat"

I eat Beef, you eat beans....

Just saying

Lol - do personal trainers churn? If so, you'll be able to rack up a lot of billable hours with that advice.

My wife just left me basically and im moving out planning to start training very serious again so i can get my mind off it. Wouldnt mind if i could impress her with a more Rambo look since ive always been a skinny bastard.

A little advice on the psychological side here. You gotta be very careful with using a woman as your motivation to work out.

A quick little psych lesson first. There's two categories of motivation: intrinsic and extrinsic. Intrinsic motivation comes from within and an action is done because it's pleasurable to you for no other reason other than doing the action. Reading a book to learn about your favourite subject is intrinsically motivating. Extrinsic motivation, on the other hand, is the carrot on the end of the stick that guides your behavior. An example of this is most people's jobs. We do them for the paycheck. If you were to remove the paycheck we would stop working because our extrinsic motivator is gone.

Trying to impress a girl with your gym gains is extrinsically motivating. It can still get your ass into the gym and make you work hard but there is always the danger that your reward will be taken away.

That's what happened to me the last time I started working out regularly. My girlfriend had broken up with me and I felt going to the gym and getting strong would be more productive than drinking a bunch every night. I figured I'd see her again and if she saw me in great shape she might have some regrets.

I went 3 times a week for 2 months or so before I managed to schedule a lunch date with her. While setting up the meeting she told me that she had a boyfriend and if that bothered me we should pass on the meet. I told her it didn't (of course it did) and went to meet her. It was a fun time but the news of the boyfriend and the awkward goodbye ruined the dream of winning back the girl or at least making her live with some regret for having dumped me.

That night I went to the bar and drank with my friends. Woke up a little hungover and fought through the day and work and then skipped the gym because I felt tired. I started to use the "I'm too tired" excuse every time I should have been going to the gym and it didn't bother me so much cause I wasn't working out for anything anymore.

Currently I find myself in a similar position where my girlfriend broke up with me a couple months ago but now I'm hitting the gym because I want to make myself better. If I find out that she's dating some other guy it's not going to keep me out of the gym because I want to make myself bigger and stronger regardless. Making her jealous or regretful is just a nice side effect should that happen.

So I'm not entirely opposed to the idea of using a break-up/seperation/divorce/etc. as a reason to get into the gym. I just think it's important to understand what's motivating you and how that motivation can vanish in an instant when it's extrinsic.

sorry, but "i'm a personal trainer" isn't really the trump card you think it is in this discussion.

dudes can get plenty big eating shit food. it's better not to eat shit food long term and short term, but your rationale isn't itself convincing.

maybe you should just start eating foods like fruits, vegetables , nuts and beans. stop eating so much meat and carbs.

I ate a whole pizza again last night (I do this a lot). Is this bad? Because I gotta admit, I'm jacked like a muthafucka.

Back