1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Powerlifting is a more alpha sport than MMA.

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Viper2, Dec 17, 2021.

1. Danger Dave Covid cant make it past my 2% alcohol body shield. Double Yellow Card

we need more mike dolce in this thread to tell us all how to live life.

2. ferrisjso "Hipster"

I don't get the flex of people gaining muscle mass as it is very hard to maintain and can very quickly turn someone in good shape into a fat person. If weight lifting is something you're passionate about and plan to do for the rest of your life I guess that body is worth it to maintain. If it's just a phase and you don't lose that weight that could be a problem.

3. FyrFytr998 Dig Your Way Out (2021)

And Commodus the Emperor fought in the gladiator pits........in fixed fights.

Even if his training was legit. I highly doubt he was the best of the best. My point of my post was that the birth of politics no longer made it necessary for the leaders of people to be the most physically gifted or best warriors. Guys like Biden and Trump would be kept back at the village with the women and children.

No don't get me wrong. I also realize the value and power of knowledge, but somewhere along the line we put so much stock in it, it has allowed society to be governed by weak men who just happen to be smart.

4. Ezekiel 25:17 Brown Belt

Ill discuss....

<36>

5. Jonathan Utah Average Just Bleed Enthusiast

I find powerlifting fun to watch, but I don’t think John Haack could beat Kevin Croom in a fight. Silly to think so.

6. jimbob27 Ken Shamrock Belt

The real world isn't a series of street fights though. In the vast majority of situations, looking like Kimbo Slice will garner you far more respect than having elite MMA skills nobody knows about.

Just look at McNuggett. Multi-divisional champion, weapons to end any street fight in seconds, but people still start on him in bars because he looks like a soundcloud rapper.

7. 12ga. Gold Belt

not into gore so I didnt watch. but yeah. trained to lift or trained to hurt people..simple maths and this thread is stupid

8. StonedLemur Lost soul Double Yellow Card

Lol @soundcloud rapper.

Im sure he provokes the situation himself though.
    I know what you're saying, but I can't see being strong like that if you can't use it sir.

9. jimbob27 Ken Shamrock Belt

It's a bit of both probably, he provokes people because he's angry nobody respects his elite fighting skills because of his size.

Sure, big muscles are a bluff, but I'm sure Sun Tzu has all sorts of quotes about how it's best to win your battles with intimidation and not fighting.

I'm not really on board with taking unarmed combat skills as the ultimate measure of alpha, since we have much more effective means of dealing with physical confrontation.

Neither Kimbo or Conor has shit compared to this fat old dude.

[​IMG]

10. StonedLemur Lost soul Double Yellow Card

Fat guy shooting balloons 2 feet away sir?
    I fail to see the correlation?

11. Randlewand Black Belt

There's a lot of insecurity in all of these guys. Nothing really that alpha about it

12. HindustaniKush Orange Belt

Nobody except a 7 foot tall men with great genetics can possibly fight at over 300lbs and have enough muscle to not be manhandled. Strongmen are too heavy with no cardio and I doubt are 2x as strong as large HWs

Brocks bench is 475lbs

4x world strongestman Brian shaw at 440lbs benched 530lbs

I really doubt being that much stronger which isnt even double would help Shaw or Hafthor in a fight vs a 285lb brock lesnar