Powerlifting is a more alpha sport than MMA.

Olympic weightlifters > powerlifters

Snatch and Clean & Jerk are the types of lift that require technique, speed, and power. The kind of lifts powerlifters do are just brute force.

Not necessarily, and alpha is defined by size and strength in the animal kingdom. Not by fighting techniques.

El Oh El, no it isn't. It was found out that alpha wolves the parents of the pack, and that the pack is just a family. So it's defined by being an elder, at least in wolves.

Olympic weightlifters > powerlifters

Snatch and Clean & Jerk are the types of lift that require technique, speed, and power. The kind of lifts powerlifters do are just brute force.

There is still technique in the powerlifts, you’d be surprised how much. (Less technique, speed and mobility than Olympic lifts sure but still fairly technical). My bench was capped out at 270 at a bw of 165. Got on creo and really focused on technique and it’s now at 330 7 months later (at same bw). Now whenever I see guys benching at the gym I see technique inefficiencies all round.

El Oh El, no it isn't. It was found out that alpha wolves the parents of the pack, and that the pack is just a family. So it's defined by being an elder, at least in wolves.

Correct. No such thing as "alpha wolves", and the guy that coined it regretted it for the rest of his career.

Many powerlifters are fat fucks unfortunately.
Olympic lifters are better Athletes IMO.

Still, I have to admit that fit powerlifters are freaking alpha.
Those that not only do functional lifts like log lifting, etc, but also train their cardio.

Tfw greatest weightlifter of all time looks like a SHW powerlifter

Nope.

My source: The writings of the guy who coined the term.

Coining a term doesn't mean other people can't use it and change the definition, especially when it pertains to other animals, or in some cases humans.

If you look at Merriam Webster one of the definitions for alpha is "socially dominant especially in a group of animals" It seems when people think of the word dominant, they think of someone subjugating others and trampling over them, but in a social context, that wouldn't really work. If we had to ask what makes a person socially dominant, at least in modern times, it would be skills like cooperation, nurturing growth in oneself and others, caring for young etc. etc. It would be a person whose advice others would seek, someone who they can trust and confide in and will help in times of need.

Last edited:
No it's not. The Alpha is whoever can bully the other animals around with the threat of violence that's how it always is. That's usually the biggest animal because animals don't know how to fight so size matters a lot more.

Animals don't know how to fight? What?

Top level Power lifters - Bigger and stronger
Top level MMA fighters - Tougher -have more balls - are more respected - earn more - better bodies - healthier - more famous - get higher quality pussy

Someone like Stipe could make Eddie hall suck his dick every night if they shared a Jail cell together. That's pretty alpha.

Manuel ferrara is more alpha than power lifters.

Power lifters or as they are better known , Power fatties.

It’s a misconception. I’ve been powerlifting competitively for years and if you’ve got say 200 guys at a meet like 10-15 of them may be super heavies or “fatties”. The biggest weight classes in powerlifting are 181, 198 and 220. Most powerlifters aren’t that fat.

And tbh. I don’t care if a guy is on the heavier side, if he’s got a big total it’s still impressive. I mean, I wouldn’t call Dan Bell a fatty or deny the fact that he’s a great lifter/athlete.

I stopped kickboxing a year ago because the hell with getting punched in the head in my mid 30s... now lift weights and ride my bike.

My former fighting-shape self would beat my current version and steal my lunch money.

<DCrying>

Still, I have to admit that fit powerlifters are freaking alpha.
Those that not only do functional lifts like log lifting, etc, but also train their cardio.
I think you are talking about strongmen. Those dudes are like 400lbs and can actually move. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

Back