power, endurance and strength?

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by Justin23452, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Justin23452

Justin23452 Guest

Alright I will tell you guys what Ive got and mb someone could help me out here with some type of routine I could do.

1.Total gym
    2.300lbs Olympic weight set with bar.
    3.Adjustable bench
    4.2x25 dumbells
    5.2x10 ""
    6.Swiss ball
    7.Stationary Bike
    8.Optical Trainer
    10.Pull-up bar
    11.Heavy bag

I might get flammed I might not. I dunno but if anyone could help i would be greatful

btw im 6 or 6'1
    185lbs Im trying to get my weight up around 205
    Thanks

2. wenispinkle

wenispinkle Skankin' It Easy...

id suggest westside, but you might not be experienced enough for that yet.

go to www.t-nation.com , and read chad waterburys articles. after doing that you can tweak his routines to be more specific to your goals and it will prime you for more weight training.

youve got tons of equipment to do cardio with....if you fight obviously you should be hitting the bag. but the heavybag also makes for a great "sandbag".... ive used mine to do alot of different sandbag exercises, but i dont really know too many you should ask urban about sandbag training i think hes been doing it for awhile. you can do tabatas on your stationary bike if you want. pullup bars good for not only pullups but you can do some ab training with leg raises and whatnot.

get creative....no one here wants to just put a routine together for a guy whos goals or needs they know nothing about.....good luck

3. Funkster

Funkster Green Belt

How we can help you out without knowing your goals? What are you training for? MMA? Or are you just lifting to get strong?

You've got a fairly decent slection of equipment there, but first establish why you're training and have a read of the stickies to get some ideas on where and how to start.

4. Urban

Urban Savage Mystic

total gym? you mean that chuck norris piece of shit? First step: take that and throw it at the fucking paperboy tomorrow morning. then go do some squats.

5. Fedorable

Fedorable 1/1024th Mod

that would not make Chuck happy, I would suggest putting it in your attic and not letting Chuck know you did that.

6. Justin23452

Justin23452 Guest

Anyways I do do squats, I use the total gym mostly to work my upper back. And I want to train for MMA.

7. wenispinkle

wenispinkle Skankin' It Easy...

arg....do some high pulls for upper back

8. Urban

Urban Savage Mystic

High/snatch pulls, bent over rows, pullups, and hucking your total gym at the neighborhood brat will work your upper back.

anyways, to get a routine: read the stickies. to gain weight: eat more. it's that simple. Eat big, lift heavy, go home happy.