Power Clean, Front Squat form check

Obscure Terror

Platinum Member
Reaction score

Power Clean: I think I lift some of these with a rounded back, and I fall back on the first rep at 55kg. Speed doesn't seem great either but the weights don't feel heavy. Did a double at 70kg after this which felt better but camera didn't save it.

Front Squats: Look better than I thought or than they feel.

Bump, CRZA already gave me some feedback on the front squat(too much sitting back) but if anyone could look at the Power Cleans I'd appreciate it.

The cleans looked really easy, it would probably be easier to tell what issues are going on with some more weight on the bar, but those definitely didn't look terrible. The one thing I will say is you appear to be leaning forward/rounded a bit too much in the starting position. Bring your chest up.
The front squats looked pretty good too, but I see what CRZA was saying about sitting back to much and not being vertical enough with the back angle.

Also are you hook gripping for the cleans? Didn't look like it.

No on the cleans I'm just double overhanding. I'll retake video with a little more weight on the bar and try and keeping my chest up at the bottom. Any front squat form cues?

Front squats I tend to think of more as a knee bend than a typical squat. The bar position makes it necessary to keep the torso vertical so you want to keep the chest high, push the knees out, and sit down more than back. Because of this, you should feel much more of an emphasis on the quad than in a back squat.
I also like to rack the bar on my index and middle finger, it makes it a lot easier to keep the elbows high and the weight back on the anterior delta.

60kg for 5 reps again, focused on straight back with only knees first. Felt better but not sure if they look any better.

60kg for 5 reps again, focused on straight back with only knees first. Felt better but not sure if they look any better.

I think it would help you life more weight if you used th bell bar on the back of your shoulders around the mid to upper trapezius fibres of your back. This way generally you can lift more weight

I think it would help you life more weight if you used th bell bar on the back of your shoulders around the mid to upper trapezius fibres of your back. This way generally you can lift more weight

He's doing front squats, not back squats..

146460d1347739440-help-headers-exhaust-not_sure_if_srs.jpg

No on the cleans I'm just double overhanding. I'll retake video with a little more weight on the bar and try and keeping my chest up at the bottom. Any front squat form cues?

Use the hook. Learn to love it, carry your groceries with it, carry your luggage with it. Fuck, if you can, fap with it.

Use the hook. Learn to love it, carry your groceries with it, carry your luggage with it. Fuck, if you can, fap with it.

My thumbs are aching already. Not from fapping though...

Do not ever give lifting advice until the institution you are currently in gets your meds correct.

I think your hips should be lower at the start of the first pull.

[YT]QoZRU97jxXQ[/YT]

Back