Powder supplements heat sensitive?

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by numberthirtytwo, Sep 2, 2010.

1. numberthirtytwo

numberthirtytwo Orange Belt

I've been spending the last 2 days moving into a new apartment and my BA and creatine have both been sitting in a hot van for a good amount of time. Today I took a big old dose of BA and didn't get any tingles, although I expected them. Aside from that, just wondering if it's possible I ruined them with the heat? Didn't think of the possibility beforehand.

2. Sinister

Sinister Doctor of Doom Staff Member Senior Moderator

It's possible, but not likely. A lot of companies here in Vegas don't have climate controlled delivery trucks, so some items are in triple-digit heat all day with no problems. It'd take a lot to ruin the integrity of a powdered supplement that way.

3. Warmonger 99

Warmonger 99 White Belt

also...

I live in Fukuoka where it is regularly in the 100s. I have an air conditioner but I turn it off when I go to work.

You guys think it would be a good idea to keep my protein and supps in the fridge?