Povetkin's entire team to take lie detector...

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by KillerIsBack V2, Dec 20, 2016.

1. KillerIsBack V2

KillerIsBack V2 Black Belt

tass.com/sport/921065

Wtf is going on.. where is regulatory sample B?! Lol at this though.

I really still belive Wilder's handlers are doing something.. I don't accuse like this usually but they did it so blantly and obviously last time with the law suits and the BS hot piss on a substance while it's legal.

Well.. give Wilder time to fight Pov's leftovers in some polish guy nobody cares about.

2. Sunfish

Sunfish Martinez Belt

Hell fight audley

3. DeJulez

DeJulez Yellow Card

"Officer I dont care what my blood says, I wasn't drinking.
    Ill take a lie detector to prove it."

By the way lie detectors Im pretty sure aren't even admissible in court anymore since they aren't very good at tracking the truth.
    I could be wrong tho

Z28MARO and Goatenstein like this.
  4. nac386

nac386 Gold Belt

But does he pinky promise?

5. Canelo

Canelo Purple Belt

A modern lie detector test should be over 90% accurate, that's not enough to be admissible in court, but if you tested all of Pov's team and they were all telling the truth according to a polygraph, then there's a very strong chance they aren't lying, given the accuracy of the tests.

It would be silly to risk a lie detector test if you weren't 100% confident you are telling the truth, as a failed result would make you look like a fool. They should call them up on this and make sure they do the tests. It may not be 100% accurate, but neither is the information we receive from the testing agencies.

If all of his team passed independent, verified polygraph tests then I'd be happy to say that I believed them. If they all fail then it's obvious they are lying.

6. nac386

nac386 Gold Belt

Unless he told everyone on his team all the drugs that he takes, giving a lie detector test to everyone on his team would not be a very useful endeavor

He already looks like a fool for failing two drug tests in a year. This seems more like a way to weasel his way back into the good graces of his fans.

I have not seen enough evidence to make a statement like that. No test is perfect, but the guys who claim they were cheated by the test usually end up failing another one (Povetkin and Browne recently).

I think some people are getting riled up because a lot of Europeans (I know Browne is Australian) that they are especially fond of have failed tests, so they are trying to discredit the tests themselves instead of acknowledging their results.

Jhonni5, DaveDave and Z28MARO like this.
  7. Canelo

Canelo Purple Belt

It depends on the questions they ask, they'd design the test to ask questions that would expose the drug use.

If they got say 6 of Pov's team, asked them multiple different questions and they passed 100% of them, then you're going to have trouble discrediting those results. That's a 90%+ accuracy for every question and you need to really know what you are doing to manipulate the test. If a few of them failed and some passed, then there would be a stronger argument that they were aware of the cheating. If they all passed with flying colours though, then that's a huge statement.

Povetkin hasn't failed two tests, the first one discovered a formerly legal substance in microscopic form, way below the threshold set out by the testing agency. If they say you need a certain mg of the drug to fail, and you get way, way below that, then you haven't failed. The commission made a mess of the whole thing, if you're going to get a testing agency in, let them deal with the thresholds and results.

With that said, I'm not going to let the first test taint my view on this one, they have to be treat independently. All Russians took Meldo when it was legal, so shouldn't be that much of a shock if microscopic elements turn up in a later test. The whole point of threshold is for issues like this, that fight should have never been cancelled.

8. DeJulez

DeJulez Yellow Card

So his test sample is lying then?

Jhonni5 likes this.
  9. Canelo

Canelo Purple Belt

Has the B sample been tested?

10. DeJulez

DeJulez Yellow Card

Does it need to be?
    Why dont they just ask it a few questions and see if its lying.

Jhonni5 and DaveDave like this.
  11. Canelo

Canelo Purple Belt

Yes of course it does, unless you'd just rather roll with him being a proven cheat because that's what you'd prefer.

No matter who it is, protocol needs to be followed, and that includes the testing of a B sample.

12. Seano

Seano Hands of bone Yellow Card

Yes, he also has to cross his heart, hope to die and stick a needle in his eye. There's no way out of it.

Jhonni5, DaveDave and WklySportsMemes like this.
  13. JayE

JayE Red Belt

What do they have to lose at this point, exactly? His career is in shambles. It's throw anything at the wall and hope it sticks time for Povetkin and his camp.

Jhonni5 likes this.
  14. KillerIsBack V2

KillerIsBack V2 Black Belt

It hasn't as I said in the OP.
    And all media is pretending it doesn't exist!

Exactly! Finally someone with more brains than an ompalompa.

15. nac386

nac386 Gold Belt

From what I remember, people were saying Povetkin passed a test after Meldo was banned, then later failed the test for Meldo. That would indicate he did not have trace amounts left over from a legal period, but actually used it while it was banned.

Can anybody confirm that? I don't really remember, it wasn't something I followed closely.

16. Canelo

Canelo Purple Belt

The order of events you described are correct, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a left over amount. The amount found was microscopic, which due to the accuracy of the tests, means that they can go undetected. The tests could have missed the meldonium in his system, the next one could pick it up. That's the problem when dealing with microscopic amounts, the testing becomes less consistent. That's why the threshold is in place, to avoid things like this.

17. Seano

Or maybe people should just stop making excuses for a guy who has been caught using PEDs twice in one year. He's a cheater and his string of KO's following the loss to Wlad looks more suspicious everyday.

18. Canelo

Canelo Purple Belt

Or maybe we should look at the facts and evidence?

I understand your point of view, if someone fails a test that is it for you, you're not going to listen to any extenuating circumstances regardless of how significant you are. 'A cheat is a cheat' etc. That's cool but there's a protocol, and there's a reason you have a minimum threshold when looking for PEDs, Povetkin failed with microscopic elements of a drug that was recent legal.

That's an important factor that should be investigated, not disregarded because it's an excuse.

KillerIsBack V2 likes this.
  19. Seano

2 failed drug tests in a year is evidence enough for me. He's a cheater and a stupid one on top of that.

DeJulez and Jhonni5 like this.
  20. Sunfish

Sunfish Martinez Belt

You'll never convince him seano